NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

It has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Monthly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a shocking announcement This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests.

All previous "Monthly Famitsu feat. " presentations appear to be game related, so...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%E6%9C%88%E5%88%8A%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%9F%E9%80%9Afeat

Well it's obvs a main console Pokemon game in a huge open world in full 3d Ni No Kuni style.

Which is all your hopes and dreams Serebii.

:laughing:

It's obviously a mainline Pokemon game for smartphones come on guys...

Speaking seriously though, it's probably Great Detective Pikachu

Great-Detective-Pikachu.jpg

Either way, it probably means that this month's Nintendo Direct is coming this week, rather than the next :)

I'm hoping for Pokken or Pokemon Snap 2.

It will likely be the detective game :(

With them saying it's a 'shocking' announcement it will be Pikachu Detective:nightmare edition, though it's nice to keep the dream alive that they go for a Wiiu game in a no no Lino style, with voice work from the anime cast

With them saying it's a 'shocking' announcement it will be Pikachu Detective:nightmare edition, though it's nice to keep the dream alive that they go for a Wiiu game in a no no Lino style, with voice work from the anime cast

Japanese doesn't have the same pun in their language for it as we do. Shocking just means surprising

though it's nice to keep the dream alive that they go for a Wiiu game in a no no Lino style,

no no Lino was my fave. :laughing:

In all seriousness though, I would love a game in that style. Think it'd be a huuuuuge system seller. And christ knows it needs something!

In all seriousness though, I would love a game in that style. Think it'd be a huuuuuge system seller. And christ knows it needs something!

Do you honestly think Game Freak would be able to pull that off?

They're notorious for making mistakes when it comes to working on new hardware.

Do you honestly think Game Freak would be able to pull that off?

They're notorious for making mistakes when it comes to working on new hardware.

Game Freak only make the main series games, so it wouldn't be them anyway

Game Freak only make the main series games, so it wouldn't be them anyway

I was going under the assumption that people here wanted a mainline game, but on the WiiU with that Ni No Kuni style.

It's gotta be a high profile Wii U spin off title. No idea why the VA for Iris is going to present though.

Nintendo would be smart to let Level 5 handle such a game.

Why torture ourselves with such dreams of an unobtainable nature? :p

I was going under the assumption that people here wanted a mainline game, but on the WiiU with that Ni No Kuni style.

It's gotta be a high profile Wii U spin off title. No idea why the VA for Iris is going to present though.

Maybe Pokken.

My thoughts are that it's either Pokken, and the two special guests that are unknown are Namco devs like Harada, and us knowing it would give away the surprise. Or, it's Great Detective Pikachu, but it is too early for that (set for Summer 2015 launch), and that has voice acting in which is why there are voice actors there.

Either those or it's something totally new. Definitely not main series, though.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, OK. Thanks.

(First time that vid's been used to reply to something I said. It's like I'm a proper part of N-Europe now!)

I would just like to go on the record to say I'm not so deluded to actually think it's a possibility. I was just responding to previous comments about how people would love that.

Game Freak could never pull it off, especially on a console they haven't made anything for yet.

If its a 'project', does that mean its a new initiative?

Yeah, can't be arsed to speculate due to the let-down... I'll just wait for the video.

Maybe Pokken.

Do you think Pokken would be a good thing at this present time? It's just with Smash around the corner why would you start promoting another beat em up?

Pokemon Ranger for the Wii U please! I love that series and a Wii U version would be a perfect fit, what with it having the extra screen.

Maybe it's that rumoured Emerald version for the Wii U. It will release alongside Alpha and Omega. You then have a choice of console or handheld. That would certainly be classed as a surprise. :D

Do you think Pokken would be a good thing at this present time? It's just with Smash around the corner why would you start promoting another beat em up?

Pokemon Ranger for the Wii U please! I love that series and a Wii U version would be a perfect fit, what with it having the extra screen.

Maybe it's that rumoured Emerald version for the Wii U. It will release alongside Alpha and Omega. You then have a choice of console or handheld. That would certainly be classed as a surprise. :D

That's largely why I don't think it's out yet. I think it was meant to be out this summer, but was delayed and then would be too close to Smash.

Emerald for Wii U won't happen.

Japanese doesn't have the same pun in their language for it as we do. Shocking just means surprising

:blank: well thats no fun, it seems like a perfectly worded teaser statement, now its just a coincidence

no no Lino was my fave. :laughing:

That god damn auto correct on my phone! but no no lino?! sounds like something Consuela would say on Family guy

No....No Lino, we need more lemon pledge, aye take, aye go now

Emerald for Wii U won't happen.

Never say never or we'll have a nice fedora for you to eat :p

I get what you're getting at, but I think in this instance, Serebii's completely right to say Emerald Wii U won't happen.

Because it won't. After all, where are the remakes for Yellow and Crystal?

I'm sure they'll just put the Emerald features in these games, like they did with HG/SS

Edited by Glen-i

Shockémon.

Give me something good. SOMETHING DELICIOUS.

Bring it on :p I am 100% certain that Emerald is not coming out for the Wii U

Bring it on :p I am 100% certain that Emerald is not coming out for the Wii U

Pretty sure everyone is 100% certain of that.

It's so incredibly certain, it might as well be written in all history books.