NEurope
Daft

Hellblade

So that Heavenly Sword sequel looks like it wil never come but it looks like we've got the next best thing.

According to the Twitter account, Hellblade "feels and looks AAA, but will be smaller, lower priced and delivered independently." Ninja Theory says it is continuing to work on games with publishers but wanted to try something new with this project. The developer has previously worked on projects such as DMC with Capcom, Enslaved with Namco Bandai and Heavenly Sword with Sony.

Later in the press conference, Sony confirmed that Hellblade is not exclusive to the PlayStation 4 but will appear first on that platform.

I'm excited.

Never played Heavenly Sword, but another game by Ninja Theory? Sign me up.

DmC was awesome (wouldn't mind a remaster for PS4).

So there's a trailer for this out. I'm not sure how they intend to tackle mental illness appropriately with anything called "Hellblade" but I'll keep an open mind.

Never played Heavenly Sword, but another game by Ninja Theory? Sign me up.

DmC was awesome (wouldn't mind a remaster for PS4).

Definitive Edition says hi. Probably the closest to a remaster you'll get, 1080p and 60fps like a PC. The game felt great on PC, not as a DMC title, but a solid game.

I've actually enjoyed most of Ninja Theory's games, but they seem to not have a great reputation sadly.

I've actually enjoyed most of Ninja Theory's games, but they seem to not have a great reputation sadly.

Same here.

I've just looked at what games they have made and I never realised that they made Kung Fu Chaos on the original Xbox! That game was absolutely amazing and I had many a good gaming night with my mates on that one.

I also loved Enslaved. Great characters and story, with some cool gameplay mechanics. The same goes for Heavenly Sword. A short, but very sweet, game.

I don't think they have ever really created a stunning game, they all fall just short. However, what they make is at the very least interesting and entertaining and I'd love to see them finally achieve what they seem to be aiming for.

Fingers crossed for this.

New trailer posted quietly during GDC with a slightly unnecessary sub title, cut from a scene from the game. They've been promising some killer emo-capture tech and it certainly looks promising on that basis.

Very, very impressive.

The actress (Melina Juergens) does an incredible job. And I'm not saying that because I find her very attractive :p I really do think that her ability to convey emotions via facial expressions is almost impeccable.

Let's hope the gameplay will turn out equally good as the rest seems to be.

I don't know anything about CGI so I'll ask: Could this revolutionize making CGI movies?

It's impressive.

Digital only, mid-range, mid-price game? (going from what they said in the video)

£25 (£22 for Plus members) and you've got a deal. :)

This could be good.

A massive 1/10 from good old Jim. :D

He would have given it something in the 7-8 range ( which is what most other outlets are dishing out ) but he encounters a game breaking bug near the end of the game which means he will have to start the game from scratch. He's playing the PC build, if that makes any difference to the glitch or not.

Graphics are stunning and the whole psychosis thing has me really intrigued. I may have to pick this up sooner than I was expecting to.

Hearing those voices they do a really good job of upping the tension and making everything unnerving. The mechanic with the arm and deaths (don't want to say too much about it) seems really interesting as well.

Yeah, I've been having this game in my scope for some time now. Glad to see it's already been released! I might purchase it in a couple of weeks if the missus is away. I need to sink some proper time into a game like this if I'm gonna play it. But god, those visuals are gorgeous! 

5 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Hearing those voices they do a really good job of upping the tension and making everything unnerving. The mechanic with the arm and deaths (don't want to say too much about it) seems really interesting as well.

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A massive 1/10 from good old Jim. :D

He would have given it something in the 7-8 range ( which is what most other outlets are dishing out ) but he encounters a game breaking bug near the end of the game which means he will have to start the game from scratch. He's playing the PC build, if that makes any difference to the glitch or not.

I'm wondering if that mechanic is what he called a glitch or not? All I'll say about the mechanic is that it's some Yoko Taro shit. 

11 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Just read about this. I hear it's pretty forgiving, nonetheless I think it's a daring move I appreciate.

I may get this game, but not sure if my aging computer will run it well at this point. Should really save up 5000 Euros for a new one ;).

the new game from who now?? This is an official email from PlayStation hahah

• Like 1

Finally diving into this over the long weekend. Quite liking it so far. Went through Surt, and now into Valravn. Tense as fuck, the atmosphere is just dripping they've layered it on so thick. It's wonderful, sends shivers down my spine. 

Anyone else pick this up yet or not?( @Hero of Time) it definitely is deserving of the praise it's received.