NEurope
Retro_Link

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Transistor has brilliant DS4 implementation, and it's so simple. Your weapon in the game talks to you through the speaker and the light throbs to his speech. It's subtle but it's such a perfect parallel with you and the game's protagonist.

Yeah that works great. I always thought games like Gears of War should have had an option to have NPC teammates' audio only output through the headset, so it mimics the in-game headset that your character uses. I think Destiny might have something like that.

One of my favourite moments with the DS4 was when Delsin picks up a helmet in Infamous: Second Son and you hear the audio from the helmet comms through the pad's speaker. Worked perfectly because it was like you picked up the helmet yourself. Dat immersion.

It's not that big a deal at the end of the day, the features don't necessarily dampen enjoyment or anything, but I'm wary of seeing them used as selling points. To me it seems as if people readily buy the marketing terms like immersion without properly considering what it actually means.

I understand what you mean.

It was just my feelings about the DS4 being used as a device to make yourself more immersed into a game.

I don't take it as a selling point. If the game is good: great, that's a selling point.

If it's good and has neat little features with the touchpad, speaker, shaky shake: Great! :)

Once you've been creamed into the wall a dozen times in a row and you've taken down the guy with shaky shake on the thirteenth attempt at the level, you aren't gonna feel jack about being immersed.

But when I get angry and keep dying more and more, it feels even better to shake the fuck out of the controller to smash a baseball bat into someone's face :p

You're right, in games like this where precision is key, it might hinder the gameplay.

I thought that this looked lovely yesterday. Genuinely a fun game. Strangely, it was the type of game I was expecting to see on the WiiU, but nevermind.
It shows just how much more could be done with Paper Mario.

Transistor has brilliant DS4 implementation, and it's so simple. Your weapon in the game talks to you through the speaker and the light throbs to his speech. It's subtle but it's such a perfect parallel with you and the game's protagonist.

That reminds me, I need to get this bought before the sale ends. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Tearaway was easily one of my favourite games of 2013 so this is made my smile. One of those games where I just didn't want it to end. I actually bought a Vita JUST to play it. I wonder though, seeing as the front facing camera was such an integral part of the storyline, how they'll get by without it!

Tearaway was easily one of my favourite games of 2013 so this is made my smile. One of those games where I just didn't want it to end. I actually bought a Vita JUST to play it. I wonder though, seeing as the front facing camera was such an integral part of the storyline, how they'll get by without it!

Yeah i think it will be optional via camera?

9th September release date and it will be a budget title, just like GoW3 and the new Ratchet game.

Heh, this is actually out on me and @Eenuh's anniversary.

Haven't followed anything about this game, so hopefully should be another nice surprise.

Complaints from PS4 fans on gaf that this game is being sent out to die by Sony, for a second time. Barely any mention of it and no advertising at all.

Massive shame, the Vita game was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I'll definitely pick this up when I get my PS4.

Complaints from PS4 fans on gaf that this game is being sent out to die by Sony, for a second time. Barely any mention of it and no advertising at all.

Massive shame, the Vita game was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. I'll definitely pick this up when I get my PS4.

It is only June........... - that fact that PS4 has few exclusives at xmas I would expect this to be promoted quite alot.

Not much buzz for this? Seems Sony are letting it die for a second time :indeed:

Ridiculously excited to play it next week. Loved the Vita version and it seems there's a fair bit of new content this time around :)

Not much buzz for this? Seems Sony are letting it die for a second time :indeed:

Ridiculously excited to play it next week. Loved the Vita version and it seems there's a fair bit of new content this time around :)

Yeah, i'm quite annoyed by this. The game deserves so much better. :(

I'm looking forward to playing through it again and see what changes they have made to accommodate the new control scheme.

I plan to check this out at some point. Would've been at launch, but got too much on my plate already with SMM and MGSV.

I've not played it before so will be picking it up. Looks great. :)

It's AMAZING. One of my favourite games of all time.

I do want this but think it'll be an ideal Christmas present/game. Looks wonderful, though.

Same here, i'm certainly interested in this due to the Vita edition being beautiful. However, i got a lot of other games on my plate atm so may hold off for a while.

I restarted a play of Tearaway on the Vita over the weekend (between stints of Phantom Pain). It's got me right in the mood for more papery adventuring, that i may very well bite and pick this up. People are wondering what i am doing on the train mind, waving and shaking the Vita at certain times.

Cancelled my Mario Maker order and got a preorder down for this instead.
That's surprising.

Are you just not getting SMM at launch, or not planning to get it at all?

That's surprising.

Are you just not getting SMM at launch, or not planning to get it at all?

Nintendo just aren't sitting right with me at the moment. My Wii U was packed away for a while, until around half 7 last night ( the urge to play through ALTTP was too strong ) and i'm just finding it hard to muster any kind of enthusiasm towards them as a company or any of their newer offerings.

I'm hoping playing through ALTTP will help rekindle some of the lost love, so it may get ordered again before Friday. ::shrug:

I bit, picked this up on my way home yesterday. I'm in the midst of deciding if i preferred playing Tearaway on the Vita or the PS4, Mm certainly make sure to maximise the features each console offers into their games.