NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

It's on the store now. The founders pack is £15.99. There's also a bunch of microtransactions and soundtrack to buy.

I'm just on reading the description in the founders pack and seen this.

So you can't even play with your friends?

To be honest the launch of this game seems a bit of a mess and very rushed. I wonder if Sony have distanced themselves from this due to the possibility of the game not being up to scratch? Maybe they just want it out the door at this point. I mean, it's been in development for quite some time now.

Hopefully those interested in the game will still get some enjoyment out of it.

Nah, that's just referring to the 5 friend invites that early access players get as part of the Founders Pack, you can definitely still join friends in-game. :)

I'm guessing they want to see what the numbers are like without the additional players that mooch off their friends. :heh:

Anyway, I checked out a bit of the livestream that Q-Games did, game seems pretty much the same as it was in the Beta test, minus the bugs hopefully. :hehe:

I did notice quite a lot of screen tearing though, definitely more than I ever encountered in the beta, which is a bit worrying. :hmm:

This cracked me up:

[tweet]772940388126425088[/tweet]

:laughing:

Launch trailer:

There's even a bit of tearing in that (at 2:20) :shakehead

I'm still not quite sure I understand, it's 16 quid or free if you can wait a few weeks...? Seems pretty sensible to wait, really.

I'm still not quite sure I understand, it's 16 quid or free if you can wait a few weeks...? Seems pretty sensible to wait, really.
There is also some additional content included with the Founders Pack, but yeah, pretty much. :heh:

Guess it depends on the extent people want to support the devs/their desire to play the game right now.

I'll be jumping in today for sure. :D

The servers are down whilst they apparently sort out some issue.

I have little to no idea what I'm actually doing. Done a bit of building and some mineral gathering. Enjoying it so far. My house is different from everyone else's. Probably because I got my blueprint or whatever in my first town but then moved before I built it. It's taller than everyone elses so makes me look more important. :D

The servers are down whilst they apparently sort out some issue.
My guess is they want to fix the "praise" spamming thing that's been going on.

Saw it happening in my town last night and decided to join in. Before I knew it I was level 19! :o

The game was running at snails pace though, with so many people standing in the same spot and leveling up. :laughing:

I walked away at level 19, as that already takes me past where I got during the beta test, and I didn't want to mess with the natural progression of the game.

Could see the party was going on for a while though, and I reckon quite a few people would've hit level 30 and got the gold trophy already. :hehe:

I have little to no idea what I'm actually doing.
Here are some general tips for you and anyone else that might be interested.

• Be mindful of how you spend the "free" 1000 Freeman Dollars that come with the Founders Pack. I'd recommend spending them on stuff like the inventory slots ($300) and the Lv.1 vehicle license ($500) as those things are permanent improvements to your character.

• Keep an eye out on the ground around you for periodic drops of Freeman Dollars but also additional Toll (red fist symbols) and make sure to walk over them to collect.

• Push in the left stick on the controller to bring up the status of your town, that way you can quickly see what materials are in low supply and prioritise collecting those.

• When transporting items from the islands to the bus stop you can actually take more than the initial 3 which can be stored in the bag, by carrying something else in your hands and also kicking (triangle button) another item along the ground in the direction of the loading point.
  • I wouldn't try that with the matryoshka dolls, as they can break, but everything else (metal, wood, crystal etc...) can be safely kicked and chucked around.

• When attacking the Izverg, try to aim for its head in order to get critical hits.
  • Also, the head always contains a supply of crystal, so be sure to mine that area on a downed Izverg. You can also sometimes find various tools and matryoshka dolls inside other parts of the carcass.

• When exploring a dark area of the island you'll need a light source in order to survive. You can buy/pick up lamps and torches for this, but they can be taken by other players and also require use of a precious inventory slot. So, if you see one of the light emitting plants or mushrooms around, pick it up and press square to eat it. This will cause your character to emit the light (for about 5 minutes) meaning you can freely explore the darkness without worry.

That's about all I can think of right now. :)

Cheers for those! Shall definitely put them into practise when it's back up and running! I'm getting withdrawal already and I only played for 2 hours.

I can't figure out where to get the vehicle license from. Is it the black market? As it's not appearing. Unless I need to be a certain level?

I can't figure out where to get the vehicle license from. Is it the black market? As it's not appearing. Unless I need to be a certain level?
You need to talk to one of the officers that patrol around the town.

They often start talking to you automatically when you approach though (saying random stuff, like "get to work" :heh:) in which case you need to move away and then walk back (which should bring up the circle button prompt) and initiate a conversation with them like that.

A couple more pointers/observations:

• Talking to the officers frequently is actually a good idea anyway, as they often set you missions. Completing these missions rewards you with medals which can then be used to purchase Void-ka from the vending machines, which unlock a variety of perks.

• You also receive missions randomly over the radio.

• It's possible to jump off the bus before it arrives at the destination by pressing the cross button. This can save a few seconds both when reaching an island, and on the return journey to town. Just be sure to check the bus is over a solid part of the void before you do so, to avoid sinking to your doom! :D

• Speaking of the void, green crystal can actually solidify a section of it temporarily. While holding the crystal (and standing in a soft part of the void) press square to set the crystal into the void, it creates a circular area of hardened void around the crystal. Could be useful in an emergency situation.

Edited by RedShell

I got the license in the end. I'm currently the only person in my town though. Pretty difficult to build a city on your own. Might have to move!

So I decided to give this a go, having not played the beta or knowing much about it. I thought that from the little I had seen of it that a minecraft-esque game will tide me over for a bit where I can jump in and out as I please and not have to worry about losing my place. But having played an hour or so last night, I have to say I'm not overly impressed with it so far.

For a start, I have very little clue as to what to do and how to do various bits and pieces. I get the whole bit about jumping on the bus and going out to mine and collect resources, that was pretty self explanatory (except for when I went out and everything disappeared and the Void swallowed me up, how does everything just disappear like that :shakehead). But in town, how the hell do I build a house, where do I get the permit, where is anything truth be told (like where do I go to buy inventory space and such). I can't for the life of me find the town hall for that stuff and the lack of sign posting or a map showing these things is a ridiculous oversight.

I read through the stuff on the board to pick up on some bits and pieces of how the game works but while that covers a breadth of stuff, what's actually explained is pretty narrow in scope. For me at least, I'd like a bit more explanation to get my bearings rather than being left to it.

I'm not obviously going to call it there as I'm going to put some more time into the game and see how it pans out and whether it'll click with some more time. I hope so as I can see it potentially being something like I mentioned up there at the top, something I can pick up and play every now and then. Maybe I should have waited for it to release as F2P, maybe not but as I say, hopefully it'll settle and become something more enjoyable.

I actually liked that both this and NMS don't explain much of what you do or how you do it. I like having to actually use my brain and figure stuff out.

About to go back to my town, though I've been away for 9 hours, who knows what's happened to it!

For a start, I have very little clue as to what to do and how to do various bits and pieces. I get the whole bit about jumping on the bus and going out to mine and collect resources, that was pretty self explanatory (except for when I went out and everything disappeared and the Void swallowed me up, how does everything just disappear like that :shakehead).
All of the islands which appear in the void only stay up for a limited time (can't say exactly how long, but it feels like 15-30 minutes) after that time has passed they dissolve away, but you're given ample warning to this. If you're on the island when it's about to disappear it'll start shaking as a warning, and from a distance it's possible to see a sphere of mist appearing over the island which also signifies it's about to go.

But in town, how the hell do I build a house, where do I get the permit, where is anything truth be told (like where do I go to buy inventory space and such). I can't for the life of me find the town hall for that stuff and the lack of sign posting or a map showing these things is a ridiculous oversight.
The permit is given to your character upon completion of the tutorial, then you just need to select it once you arrive in a town (right on the D-Pad) and use the item with square. That brings up a hologram representation of the house, enabling you to freely move/rotate it before starting the construction.

Additional inventory space can be obtained by purchasing with Freeman Dollars from an officer in the town, and by drinking a certain type of VoidKa.

I've unlocked 3 extra slots so far, 2 with Freeman Dollars and 1 from VoidKa, but neither of those options are available to me anymore, so not sure about how to get that last one, perhaps it's tied to leveling up. :hmm:

As for the town hall, that's something that has to be constructed using the workbench, so if you can't find it in a town, it's probably because it hasn't been built yet.

I'm not obviously going to call it there as I'm going to put some more time into the game and see how it pans out and whether it'll click with some more time. I hope so as I can see it potentially being something like I mentioned up there at the top, something I can pick up and play every now and then. Maybe I should have waited for it to release as F2P, maybe not but as I say, hopefully it'll settle and become something more enjoyable.
You should start to enjoy it the more you play, it really is one of those games where you need to spend quite a bit of time exploring and learning how everything works. It's confusing at first (intentionally so I believe) but once it all clicks it becomes a very addictive, rewarding and fun experience. :)

I've played around 30 hours (between the beta tests and the final game) and am still learning new stuff pretty much every time I play! :o

Like I only just found out that if you dismantle a building and then put its signpost into the bin, the bin will then spit out a load of the resources that were used to make that building in the first place, meaning you can recycle them.

Having said that, the game is definitely an acquired taste. Personally I love it, but a lot of that is down to the setting and presentation. If the game had a very different art-style/vibe but the exact same gameplay, I really doubt I'd enjoy it as much as I do.

In fact I'd probably just find it incredibly boring and tedious in those circumstances! :laughing:

About to go back to my town, though I've been away for 9 hours, who knows what's happened to it!
My town reached the 500 population goal overnight! It was at 480-ish when I stopped playing, wanted to keep going, but physically couldn't. :heh:

Saw the results (and received the rewards) this morning though, it's pretty cool what happens to the town once it's restored. :love:

On to the next one... :D

Some pictures from my town (I'm still on the first one, I'm not playing with a bright bunch.)

Someone called me a tool on the first day. It was only me and him in the town, was pretty funny.

tumblr_od7deuthM91vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_od7djm6wat1vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_od7djm6wat1vfyu8ko3_1280.png

tumblr_od7dnhieXY1vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_od7dsw8htG1vfyu8ko3_1280.png

tumblr_od7dxviQ5L1vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_od7dxviQ5L1vfyu8ko2_1280.png

Played it all day today. I'm impressed something managed to tear me away from NMS.

So apparently the beta test costume codes have finaly been sent out, but I didn't receive an e-mail. :sad:

If anyone that took part in the beta test (but isn't getting the game) gets a code for the costume, please send it my way. :)

If anyone that took part in the beta test (but isn't getting the game) gets a code for the costume, please send it my way. :)

I didn't get to take part in the beta.. but me me too. If anyone has a spare code! :)

Haha, yes I am there! Looking to move actually - just need to make the town hall big enough so I can build my house!

My first town finished overnight, whilst I was sleeping. Turns out I got the second highest toil score! :D

Haha, yes I am there! Looking to move actually - just need to make the town hall big enough so I can build my house!

My first town finished overnight, whilst I was sleeping. Turns out I got the second highest toil score! :D

Cool. :bowdown:

I've not bothered relocating my house. I did it once (after my first restored town) but it costs 250 coupons to relocate, and I'm not so fussed about the voting for a leader aspect of the game. :hehe:

I'm now a drifting projection clone. :heh:

*EDIT*

Decided to relocate to Yelyatt after all, we're now neighbors, somme! :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

*EDIT*

Decided to relocate to Yelyatt after all, we're now neighbors, somme! :laughing:

Haha I saw! We are indeed neighbours! How delightful :D

This town is a lot busier than my first one. That took *ages* to finish. It seemed as though I was the only one doing anything. Been a bit lazy in this one so far. lol

This town is a lot busier than my first one. That took *ages* to finish. It seemed as though I was the only one doing anything. Been a bit lazy in this one so far. lol
Yeah, I reckon this town will be restored soon (only around 50 to reach the population goal) but I won't be able to play again until later on today.

I've done my bit though: :heh:

fc8gzYv.png

9th!? I worked my arse off last night haha.

Your house was on fire last night by the way. I put it out for you :P Will upload a picture later :D

The town is finished!

Here's @RedShell 's burning house and the final score screen:

tumblr_odc94rIx1h1vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_odc94rIx1h1vfyu8ko3_1280.png

Here's @RedShell 's burning house and the final score screen:

tumblr_odc94rIx1h1vfyu8ko1_1280.png

tumblr_odc94rIx1h1vfyu8ko3_1280.png

Hehehe! Thanks for saving my house! :grin:

Anyway, I got 900 stamps from that town!: :cool:

yyqwgd1.png

Wonder what they'll be used for...

There's apparently a lot of content on the way for this game, and Dylan Cuthbert has been taking on loads of feedback and providing info on twitter/neogaf/reddit etc...

It's really great to see a dev that is so open and involved with the fans. icon14.gif

Shame that "Trip to the Moon" island got cut for the final game. I had my suspicions seeing as I was coming across all of the other island types but not that one.

Dylan confirmed it was removed because of Sony's legal department. :sad: They plan to adjust it though, so it should show up in some form with the other new islands soon. :)

Im already a pro at those puzzles. I used to suck but.. I've been playing so long now!

A couple of interesting moments from last night...

Almost getting killed by a missile: :o

And whatever the hell is going on here: :heh:

Even Dylan Cuthbert isn't sure:

[tweet]776731411214503936 [/tweet]

:D

Anyway, latest patch is apparently up, with bug fixes, additional gear and some new islands!

Can't wait to check it out. :bouncy:

A few pics I took recently:

[tweet]777810657278365696[/tweet]

[tweet]777811246984859648[/tweet]

This new lighting tech just has to be used on other games too, it's unbelievably good. :cool: