NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

It's great to hear you are still enjoying it @RedShell. I thought the lack of release date may have dropped your anticipation for the game but it seems you're more excited than ever. :D

I wonder when this game will eventually hit? Usually when a digital game is close to release the trophy list appears but there's been no sign of them yet.

It's great to hear you are still enjoying it RedShell. I thought the lack of release date may have dropped your anticipation for the game but it seems you're more excited than ever. :D
It kind of did to be honest, but playing it again last weekend has brought the hype back, big style! :hehe:

I wonder when this game will eventually hit? Usually when a digital game is close to release the trophy list appears but there's been no sign of them yet.
Ah, that's interesting, wasn't aware of that. Where do the trophy lists usually appear?

I'm pretty sure the trophies will be those badges that you earn in the game. I collected a bunch of them in the beta, and they all seem very trophy-ish. :heh: Think there was around 60 to collect in total.

Anyway, don't think it's even confirmed if this will be a digital only game, although I very much suspect it will be. I've also read speculation that it could be a PS+ title and feature microtransactions. :blank: Not liking the sound of that, but I'll take the game however it comes at this point.

Ah, that's interesting, wasn't aware of that. Where do the trophy lists usually appear?

https://www.exophase.com/

While it's not always 100% the case, it usually is a good indicator that a digital game is nearly ready. It depends if they are trying to keep it's release as secret or not.

I visit the site on a regular basis, so i'll give you a heads up if I spot the trophy list.

Early access on the 6th, or wait a bit longer and it's free. Not too bad

Yes! :bouncy:

So the F2P thing did indeed happen then. Makes sense I guess, as it'll obviously mean a lot more people playing, which can only be a good thing for this type of game.

Anyway, so great finally having a release date to look forward to! :yay:

1 week to go. :)

Still no word on the price of the Founders Pack in the UK though... :hmm:

Hope it's not too much, i might delve in if it's a reasonable price.

Hope it's not too much, i might delve in if it's a reasonable price.
This was the response I got from Dylan Cuthbert on twitter:

[tweet]770924683575201793[/tweet]

So that's around 16 quid I think. :hmm:

Seeing as I already enjoyed a lot of time with the Beta tests, and am very confident that I'll be getting many more hours of enjoyment from the final game, I'm more than happy to pay that. :hehe:

Wouldn't put it past them if it's matched ($20 = $20/£20). Would be a good price, i'd probably bite for that.

Wouldn't put it past them if it's matched ($20 = $20/£20). Would be a good price, i'd probably bite for that.

They may offer a PS+ price discount for the first week of release. They tend to do this with games they are trying to push.

Due out tomorrow, and still no idea on the pack price for the EU.
Yeah, it's a pretty strange situation.

Dylan mentioned something on twitter about how the game would've been delayed (well, even more delayed :heh:) in the US and Europe if there were pre-orders for it like in Japan. That seems incredibly weird to me though. :hmm:

I actually get the impression that Sony (outside of Japan at least) aren't being all that supportive when it comes to TTC. The fact that they didn't show it at E3 was ridiculous (again, Dylan confirmed on twitter how SIEA actually flat-out refused to show the game! :o) and now it looks as if they're just going to chuck it on the PS store with pretty much zero information or fanfare at all. ::shrug:

Maybe they had to scale back on features? Or maybe it's only natural for Sony's expectations to be tempered by the fact that it's a user-generated castle defence game with a strong Soviet aesthetic.

Yeah, it's a pretty strange situation.

Dylan mentioned something on twitter about how the game would've been delayed (well, even more delayed :heh:) in the US and Europe if there were pre-orders for it like in Japan. That seems incredibly weird to me though. :hmm:

I actually get the impression that Sony (outside of Japan at least) aren't being all that supportive when it comes to TTC. The fact that they didn't show it at E3 was ridiculous (again, Dylan confirmed on twitter how SIEA actually flat-out refused to show the game! :o) and now it looks as if they're just going to chuck it on the PS store with pretty much zero information or fanfare at all. ::shrug:

Just hope this isn't another franchise that Sony put out to be killed (Tearaway).

On a plus, least a few people know about it at least.

It's on the store now. The founders pack is £15.99. There's also a bunch of microtransactions and soundtrack to buy.

I'm just on reading the description in the founders pack and seen this.

Friend invites will not be available at launch but will be added later in 2016.

So you can't even play with your friends?

To be honest the launch of this game seems a bit of a mess and very rushed. I wonder if Sony have distanced themselves from this due to the possibility of the game not being up to scratch? Maybe they just want it out the door at this point. I mean, it's been in development for quite some time now.

Hopefully those interested in the game will still get some enjoyment out of it.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

£15.99 is a decent price. But no friend invites at launch, wasn't that feature part of the beta?

I'm pretty sure you can see what village your friend is in and take a train there. That is, if there's space to create another house.