NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

Awesome! Can't wait to play this, can friends play in the same world?

Good news, @RedShell!

Over the past several months, the team here at Q-Games has been hard at work on The Tomorrow Children, adding tons of new features previously unseen in trailers and the closed alpha last fall, as well as enriching the story and setting. Strange and magical tools, cute and unique clothing, and bizarre and imposing structures are just a few of the new additions players will be able to experience.

Although the world of The Tomorrow Children is encased in the bleak Void, life still flourishes as humanity claws its way back from the brink of extinction, and players in the roles of “Projection Clones” will take that life into their own hands.

In the E3 trailer, those of you who were unfortunately unable to attend the event in person will be able to get a glimpse of what life in the world of The Tomorrow Children is like: players will take control the fate of their town and eventually the world itself as they build up and expand it from a nearly empty outpost into a lively home filled with shops, facilities, and even a home of their very own, all while defending everything they’ve built in life and death struggles with invaders from the edges of existence.

The Tomorrow Children is set to release in Autumn 2015so there are only a few more months until players will be able to jump into the whimsy and madness for themselves. As we approach release, we’ll be sure to keep everyone updated with more information about and visuals from the game, such as new features, tools, enemies, and places to explore. From all of us here at Q-Games, let us all march toward tomorrow, together!

Woohoo! :yay:

This is another one of those sort of games where I know I want it, but I don't actually know what I'll be doing in it. It's like No Man's Sky and Everybody's gone to the Rapture in that respect. Hope it delivers.

New vid/interview for @RedShell.

The more I see of this, the more it fascinates me. :)

It's just such an interesting concept, and the visual style (not to mention the tech behind it) is so damn impressive. :awesome:

There's no doubt it's going to be a Marmite game though, reckon a lot of people are going to find that gameplay a bit too tedious.

Anyway, release date please! I'm looking forward to exploring the surreal world of The Tomorrow Children more than ever. :bouncy:

Anyway, release date please! I'm looking forward to exploring the surreal world of The Tomorrow Children more than ever. :bouncy:

I think they may either release it soon after the Paris conference or at least give us a date then.

Yeah, it's an ambitious project though for what I'm assuming is a pretty small team (no idea how big Q-Games are :blank:) in which case I wouldn't be surprised if it did slip to 2016 :(
And slip to 2016 it has. icon13.gif

What with the Beta test not going down until January. US only too, which is extra annoying. :mad:

Anyway, while I am disappointed, I'm also kind of relieved as there's just so many games to play already.

I'm disappointed it's slipped to 2016, but I can live with it. It's not pissed me off to the extent that a certain other game has.

Anyone get an invite for the Beta test?

I wasn't going to apply (thinking it could potentially lessen my enjoyment of the final game) but when they announced on twitter that they needed more European players to balance the numbers, I did anyway.

Not that it made a difference, as I didn't get a code. :heh:

Anyone get an invite for the Beta test?

I wasn't going to apply (thinking it could potentially lessen my enjoyment of the final game) but when they announced on twitter that they needed more European players to balance the numbers, I did anyway.

Not that it made a difference, as I didn't get a code. :heh:

I was reading the Gaf thread yesterday and pretty much everyone in there had signed up but got nothing back. Seemed a bit weird. I've just checked again now and codes have just started to go out a couple of hours ago. Must have been a delay or something. ::shrug:

The Beta test is a bit weird, apparently it's open for 3 days in 3 hour intervals across 3 different continents. And everyone can access each time zone.

Put simply, if the US has a 3pm (PST) to 6pm (PST) slot for each of the 3 days then Japan and EU gamers can access that time as well (in their own timezone).

Just got my beta code. @RedShell let me know if you get in, if not you can have mine. You've been looking forward to the game a lot more than what I have.

Got my code, EU times are good for tomorrow. Hope to see a few of you on.

Just got my beta code. @RedShell let me know if you get in, if not you can have mine. You've been looking forward to the game a lot more than what I have.
Cheers dude, I did get a code after all though. :)

Got my code, EU times are good for tomorrow. Hope to see a few of you on.
It's 7 to 10pm tomorrow, right?

Cheers dude, I did get a code after all though. :)

It's 7 to 10pm tomorrow, right?

Indeed, reading Gaf's thoughts on it as some have been playing today (US access today) on and off.

Gutted I never got a code. :(

Edit: turns out I did get a code (also Shorty was there to help, thanks!). But...all the times it's up, I won't be able to play! Bit gutted really!

Yeah by the time I got home from work and downloaded the game there was no time to play, what kind of playable windows are they planning here..?

Yeah by the time I got home from work and downloaded the game there was no time to play, what kind of playable windows are they planning here..?

The EU one doesn't start until tonight.

I thought from the gist of Jimbob's post that we could access during any region's window?

I thought from the gist of Jimbob's post that we could access during any region's window?

I'm not sure. Reading Gaf, I thought you had to stick to your region. ::shrug:

Ours starts at 7pm tonight and another starting at midnight on the 24th.

The Tomorrow Children

You can/could, according to this thread on another popular forum

I'm not sure. Reading Gaf, I thought you had to stick to your region. ::shrug:

Ours starts at 7pm tonight and another starting at midnight on the 24th.

Pretty sure you can play during any window from what I've read. Just that the other windows have more antisocial times.