NEurope
Retro_Link

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

Weeeeiiiiiird :laughing:

Looks like a multiplayer-gather-material-and-build-stuff-with-maybe-some-fighting-involved-game

Took me a while to remember who Q-Games were, then I twigged... Star Fox Command. :heh:

Anyway, mad visuals on this, really loving the look of it. icon14.gif

Just been watching some new gameplay footage from this, it looks incredible. :o

About 30 minutes into this vid for those that are interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/raptr/b/581462160

That's a system seller right there, for me anyway. :heh: Yeah, pretty sure this'll be the game to make me get a PS4. :)

Just been watching some new gameplay footage from this, it looks incredible. :o

About 30 minutes into this vid for those that are interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/raptr/b/581462160

That's a system seller right there, for me anyway. :heh: Yeah, pretty sure this'll be the game to make me get a PS4. :)

Game does look pretty good. Very pretty, too.

Remember all those discussions about the "other consoles" just containing grey, boring shooters? How the times have changed.

Looks like @RedShell will be joining the growing number of PS4 players on the forum, there's quite a lot of us now!

Game does look pretty good. Very pretty, too.
To me it looks, how would you say... Hnnnggg! :D

Remember all those discussions about the "other consoles" just containing grey, boring shooters? How the times have changed.
Indeed. Pretty sure those kind of discussions still occur too :heh: But yeah, it's fantastic when we start to get more variety across all platforms. icon14.gif

Looks like @RedShell will be joining the growing number of PS4 players on the forum, there's quite a lot of us now!
Absolutely. Was always just a matter of time. :)

Been invited to the Alpha : peace: Downloading now, will give it a go tonight and post some impressions :)

Been invited to the Alpha : peace: Downloading now, will give it a go tonight and post some impressions :)

Just see you were playing this, look forward to hearing what it's like.

Just see you were playing this, look forward to hearing what it's like.

After about an hour I can safely say:

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

:D

I have walked to some kind of hillside outside of town, mined holes, mined resources (aka Metal), collected apples (aka Food), seen how others destroyed some kinds of monsters that attacked our town (that's what I'd call it), bought a pickaxe, bought a shovel, bought a jackhammer, used all of them, seen other players (they didn't move in real time, but rather they teleported...not sure if that is intentional...I hope not), collected crystals, dropped resources at some kind of storage, dropped crystals into a device, wondered what this device does, seen other players drop something on a different device...people emerged...

There is so much to see, even though there isn't much to see...sounds paradox, but I have no clue how to describe it :laughing:

I guess I need to spend more time with it, maybe search the internet for some help.

It's strangely addictive. I love it :D

Don't understand how the world works. I started a new game and got dropped into a game, into a town and then I was pretty much on my own to figure stuff out.

If the finished game has private worlds it will be freaking awesome. It thrives on community and with party chat and you guys...this may take off incredibly well over here : peace:

Edited by drahkon

After about an hour I can safely say:

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

:D

I have walked to some kind of hillside outside of town, mined holes, mined resources (aka Metal), collected apples (aka Food), seen how others destroyed some kinds of monsters that attacked our town (that's what I'd call it), bought a pickaxe, bought a shovel, bought a jackhammer, used all of them, seen other players (they didn't move in real time, but rather they teleported...not sure if that is intentional...I hope not), collected crystals, dropped resources at some kind of storage, dropped crystals into a device, wondered what this device does, seen other players drop something on a different device...people emerged...

There is so much to see, even though there isn't much to see...sounds paradox, but I have no clue how to describe it :laughing:

I guess I need to spend more time with it, maybe search the internet for some help.

It's strangely addictive. I love it :D

Don't understand how the world works. I started a new game and got dropped into a game, into a town and then I was pretty much on my own to figure stuff out.

If the finished game has private worlds it will be freaking awesome. It thrives on community and with party chat and you guys...this may take off incredibly well over here : peace:

Sound like a pretty version of minecraft, which was abandoned by everyone after about a week! Where are all the PS4 minecrafters!!!

Sound like a pretty version of minecraft

Sounds like it, but I assure you it isn't.

It's probably that sense of community that makes it very different from Minecraft.

You choose a class (miner, soldier, allrounder, etc) and you focus on your main task.

Mining metal which can be used to build turrets, or battling monsters makes you feel like you're part of the town, of the people, of the community.

I never got that with Minecraft.

Will this game be a full retail or a PSN title? I initially thought PSN but now I'm unsure. Sounds great, though. I hope it lives up to expectations.

@drahkon, have you encountered any scenes like this in the Alpha?: (Are you able to share some screenshots? ;))

15255908992_76976642d2_b.jpg

Can't belive just how amazing this game can look. :o

Will this game be a full retail or a PSN title? I initially thought PSN but now I'm unsure. Sounds great, though. I hope it lives up to expectations.
I believe it's going to be a PSN title, not entirely sure though. :hmm:

I'm more interested in the release date.

@drahkon, have you encountered any scenes like this in the Alpha?: (Are you able to share some screenshots? ;))

15255908992_76976642d2_b.jpg

Can't belive just how amazing this game can look. :o

Only seen a sunset once. It indeed looked very beautiful. Very close to that picture : peace:

GTA V will occupy most of my gaming time from now on, but I'll try to grab some screenshots of The Tomorrow Children tonight or tomorrow :)

Edit: @RedShell, here you go.

However...there is that "Alpha Test" watermark which automatically occurs when you press the Share-button and it appears that the pictures have some kind of filter. The game doesn't really look like that...the screenshots don't do the game justice.

And: I waited for the sunset, but the light didn't seem to reach our town :( You'll see on the picture :p

5tltmsr.jpg

jIYokSv.jpg

AyG1pxQ.jpg

nX1wl9V.jpg

7C8zcw5.jpg

3Dw3igh.jpg

5ZVnZ6Z.jpg

0Fc9Bwh.jpg

hBx2P5U.jpg

Edited by drahkon

Only seen a sunset once. It indeed looked very beautiful. Very close to that picture : peace:

GTA V will occupy most of my gaming time from now on, but I'll try to grab some screenshots of The Tomorrow Children tonight or tomorrow :)

Edit: @RedShell, here you go.

However...there is that "Alpha Test" watermark which automatically occurs when you press the Share-button and it appears that the pictures have some kind of filter. The game doesn't really look like that...the screenshots don't do the game justice.

And: I waited for the sunset, but the light didn't seem to reach our town :( You'll see on the picture :p

5tltmsr.jpg

jIYokSv.jpg

AyG1pxQ.jpg

nX1wl9V.jpg

7C8zcw5.jpg

3Dw3igh.jpg

5ZVnZ6Z.jpg

0Fc9Bwh.jpg

hBx2P5U.jpg

Awesome! Cheers for that. : peace:

Holy crap, I need this game.

It looks lovely, and I'll almost certainly get it. Even if I don't actually "get it" at all.

Hoping for some news on this at E3, it's gotta be coming out sometime this year... right? :blank:

*sees the thread*

Monty-Python.gif

...It's just @RedShell providing absolutely nothing of value.

rr.gif

:p

Hoping for some news on this at E3, it's gotta be coming out sometime this year... right? :blank:

Should be. Maybe a candidate for dat conference moment: "The game is out NOW."

*sees the thread*

Monty-Python.gif

...It's just @RedShell providing absolutely nothing of value.

rr.gif

:p

Sorry amigo. :laughing:

That would be sweeeet. :)

Nah, that'll be The Last Guardian.

But no more info, or release date? :shakehead:(

Yeah, very disappointing :(

Still hyped, though. : peace:

Good news, @RedShell!

Over the past several months, the team here at Q-Games has been hard at work on The Tomorrow Children, adding tons of new features previously unseen in trailers and the closed alpha last fall, as well as enriching the story and setting. Strange and magical tools, cute and unique clothing, and bizarre and imposing structures are just a few of the new additions players will be able to experience.

Although the world of The Tomorrow Children is encased in the bleak Void, life still flourishes as humanity claws its way back from the brink of extinction, and players in the roles of “Projection Clones” will take that life into their own hands.

In the E3 trailer, those of you who were unfortunately unable to attend the event in person will be able to get a glimpse of what life in the world of The Tomorrow Children is like: players will take control the fate of their town and eventually the world itself as they build up and expand it from a nearly empty outpost into a lively home filled with shops, facilities, and even a home of their very own, all while defending everything they’ve built in life and death struggles with invaders from the edges of existence.

The Tomorrow Children is set to release in Autumn 2015so there are only a few more months until players will be able to jump into the whimsy and madness for themselves. As we approach release, we’ll be sure to keep everyone updated with more information about and visuals from the game, such as new features, tools, enemies, and places to explore. From all of us here at Q-Games, let us all march toward tomorrow, together!

Edited by Hero-of-Time