NEurope
bryanee

Robin Williams - Found Dead - RIP

Hi I'm Rummy and I'm here on behalf of satan. I've deliberated asking this question for a while, but I've decided to slightly hijack the thread and do so;

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane @AnyoneElse (and indeed @Iun, but I'd like to ask for your response a bit later, if you'll entertain me)

Do you believe the people fitting the description of Animal's 'friend''s description do not exist? i.e. somebody saying they are depressed and getting many benefits from such - yet displaying little to no signs of such? Possibly taking from a system with it, or contrasting very differently to what you would consider a 'depressed' person?

Do you mean "are there people who fake it to get benefits"? If it is, then yes. However, I agree with everything that Dannyboy has said. In some ways, I don't agree but then I do. I do believe there are people out there who fake it and people who exaggerate a little but we all know that even a slight problem can snowball into a huge one, which is why I agree with Dannyboy.

Hi I'm Rummy and I'm here on behalf of satan. I've deliberated asking this question for a while, but I've decided to slightly hijack the thread and do so;

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane @AnyoneElse (and indeed @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane said, Rather that than the alternative and people who need help not get it, One of my best mates suffers from depression and when her mum got cancer (and eventually died) it sent her spiralling into it again, but doctors helped her and she's as "normal" as you can be now, and never resorted to benefits, in fact she's now a carer working for the NHS because she wanted to give back

The system may be broke, but the answer is to thoroughly check people and provide support (and route out the fakes)

There's people out there who need it. To put it simply, the people who @Agent Gibbs has described don't deserve it but there are people out there with slight depression (or depression not as severe as other cases out there) but can still work but, as I said, I'd rather see people get treated better first rather than throw them into work, which can be a stressful environment and can make matters worse. Making an effort is all that matters to me, really, but discussing how to get the sack because you're lazy is just plain rude.

Haha oh yeah, I failed in keeping up with this(totes going to though)

Well, yes, I think depression is something that people have a poor understanding of, and many consider themselves "depressed" when they are not, and then there are those who are suffering from depression who don't get diagnosed and have treatment. I think it's quite an easy malady to fake once you have an idea of the symptoms - and many psychiatrists and counselors I have met are either easy to fool, or so disinterested in their patients that they will just continue to prescribe medications.

My own psychiatrist just kept ticking the boxes -"are you feeling happier?" "Are you sleeping better?" "How's your appetite?". Then regardless of the answer she just upped the dose of medication and told me to come back in three weeks to give her more money so she could ask the same questions again. And up the dosage.

I used to have a negative impression of people with depression, because I did not understand it - the ex-girlfriend was depressed (or so she said) and it manifested in a lot of incredibly selfish behavior designed to maximize her own happiness. She slept like a log, ate like a horse, easily got excited about fun things - but had no interest in work or any activity that would not promote her own pleasure.

Now, going by the criteria that I know, that was not depression, she was just being a selfish bitch.

However, I don't pretend to have all the answers, nor can I say that I have the monopoly on understanding depression. I can tell you what I've felt, and I've considered the same road out as Robin Williams, but I'm still here. Lord knows why, it seems like a punishment.

Nevertheless, one good thing came out of it: I demonstrated once more my impressive willpower as I weaned myself off the medication. Same as I did the sleeping pills. I rock, and you know it.

The best tribute I have seen since the news of Robin's passing.

To lose someone so joyful and kind, it is beyond heartbreaking. He was a good man and its sad to hear he was unable to overcome the demons that hounded him.

He will be missed. RIP.

Wow that's so beautiful.

MIIVERSE USER DRAWS AMAZING TRIBUTE TO ROBIN WILLIAMS

miiverse_robin_williams_sketch.jpg

An extremely talented Miiverse user has sketched an incredible tribute to American actor and comedian, Robin Williams. It took Miiverse user Craig thirteen hours to complete the sketch which is possibly the best depiction of someone I’ve seen on the social network.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/07/miiverse-user-draws-amazing-tribute-to-robin-williams/

Lovely tribute and a Godly impressive use of Miiverse and their talent. I'm in awe of people with such unbelievable ability.

Edited by Wii