NEurope
bryanee

Robin Williams - Found Dead - RIP

Yeah people started saying because she didnt have many pcitures of him on her social media she didn't care , just unbelievale an obviously rediculous opinions by people who live on the internet and cant comprehend a private life

never have i wanted more for anonymous to find out who someone is and ruin them

I( don't get why people feel the need to attack someone like that. She's obviously going through enough as it is losing her dad, what kind of mindset do these people have to think they can just be dicks online like that

Robin Williams 'had Parkinson's'

Robin Williams was suffering from the early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death, his wife has said.

Susan Schneider said her husband had been sober but "not yet ready to share publicly" his struggles with Parkinson's.

She added that he had also been suffering from anxiety and depression.

The 63-year-old actor was found dead in an apparent suicide in his home on Monday.

"It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid," Susan Schneider said, in a statement.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28796277

Just heard that on the radio myself Wii. There's an increased risk/co-morbidity with dementia in Parkinson's unless I'm mistaken? For me it takes a little of the sting out of the suicide given the Parkinson's news.

You can certainly see how he fell into that downward spiral of depression to that point...i just wish he'd spoken to someone, its quite clear there are a million people who could have and would have chatted to him and made him feel a little more worthy of life...

so so sad.....

Just experienced a new type of troll with this issue, commented on an acquaintance tribute facebook to him...basically suicide is a sin so he can't praise them, he's selfish and will burn in hell (thats the stripped down polite version....)

think a few days away from social media is in order

The best tribute I have seen since the news of Robin's passing.

To lose someone so joyful and kind, it is beyond heartbreaking. He was a good man and its sad to hear he was unable to overcome the demons that hounded him.

He will be missed. RIP.

I had a massive argument with some twat earlier on a subject relating to this. He's just one of those incredibly, insensitive bastards!

I bumped into one of my old school friends earlier in the shop today and we got to talking and Robin Williams cropped up the conversation.

"I know, I just can't believe he's gone. It's weird because I was watching Hook just last weekend" I said.

"Yeah, well, he gets no sympathies from me! He killed himself! The man is a selfish coward!" he said.

I was a bit pissed at this but I didn't bite. "Yeah but he suffered with depression and anxiety"

He was like "Pfft, bollocks! What's he got to be depressed about? He's got fans all over the world, he's rich, has a loving family and he thinks he can kill himself just because he's a little sad? What an arse!"

I got a bit mad. "Well, you wasn't him so you don't know what he was really upset about. Depression is a horrible thing to have, it's not entirely about sadness either."

"Whatever. As if depression is real! It's just an excuse for people to use for sympathy or to con money out of the government. People who kill themselves are selfish and weak"

I said "They're not. They're in a dark place. You don't know that man's mind and what he must have been thinking. You don't know what anybody is thinking so you can't go round saying stuff like that."

"As I said, I think depression is fake. Obviously people abuse the word and think they're depressed just because they're sad. Live in the real world! Bad things happen everyday to everyone but do you see them crying depression and offing themselves?"

I went absolutely ballistic but I was at work so I just simply said "Obviously you're a doctor and you know about mental health because you're such an expert at these things and you know how the world works. I think we're done here"

He was a bit sour and was like "Fine. Talk to you soon" and I said "Don't hold your breath, you might kill yourself"

Prick!

I know people who suffer from depression and they have been to dark places before. I've had a friend try to commit suicide because of it so it just really got to me. I just hate people who think they have the right to judge others like that and to class a group of people with a very serious illness in such a negative light. What a jerk!

Still, I need to find Hook, Jumanji, Flubber, Bicentennial Man, Good Will Hunting and Jack on blu-ray pronto!

these no sympathy/religious people crawling out of the wood work are disgusting, i'd hate for them to get depressed or have someone in their family get this illness.....maybe i'd hate it a little less if they got it themselves and realised how wrong they were

these no sympathy/religious people crawling out of the wood work are disgusting, i'd hate for them to get depressed or have someone in their family get this illness.....maybe i'd hate it a little less if they got it themselves and realised how wrong they were

I know. I was absolutely enraged. I found out that Alan Brazil has said more or less the same thing as the prick I spoke to today and he's a radio presenter and said it on air. These people actually disgust me to the core!

I don't think I will ever get over it.

I still haven't got over it. As I said in my previous post, he was one of my idols and I feel like part of my childhood has died with him.

I don't understand how you find these people Animal.

I'm equally baffled by how he remembers each conversation word for word.

NINTENDO HAS RESPONDED TO ROBIN WILLIAMS PETITION TO INCLUDE HIM IN NEXT ZELDA TITLE

With the tragic passing of Robin Williams earlier this week, Nintendo fans took to Change.org to request that Williams be remembered in a future Zelda title. The petition, which gathered over 90,000 signatures, asked the firm to name one of its non-player characters Robin in the next Zelda game. Nintendo has now responded to the petition and has given the following reply to Polygon.

“Robin Williams was loved at Nintendo.” offered a Nintendo spokesperson. “Our hearts go out to his entire family, and especially to Zelda Williams who we’ve worked with multiple times.”

“We appreciate the outpouring of support from the gaming community, and hear the request of fans to honor him in a future game. We will not be discussing what might be possible for future games during this difficult time, but we will hold our memories of Robin close.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/16/nintendo-has-responded-to-robin-williams-petition-to-include-him-in-next-zelda-title/

Knobheads in school, mostly. A lot of them were chavvy twats but there were some alright ones.

I'm equally baffled by how he remembers each conversation word for word.

I have a sort of weird thing where I can remember what people say to me if I write it like a book. Some of the quotes aren't absolutely 110% bang on quotes but the stuff said was said...if that makes sense. I used to struggle with remembering information or getting things muddled up when I was younger and I had a support teacher who helped me with it and told me to remember everything like it was a book. Since then, it's what I've always done. I still get badly confused sometimes but some stuff really sticks out in my mind. I'll probably forget about this in a couple of weeks' time, lmao.

Edited by Animal

Still utterly gutted. He was just ... such a bloody wonderful person.

Also, I want to punch that guy in the face, @Animal. Along with the creeps posting shit to Zelda Williams's Twitter. Utter fucking cunts the lot of them.

Typically, in their stupid, pathetic fashion because they're disrespectful cunts, Westboro Baptist Church haven't been in the headlines recently and so they've took to Twitter and have threatened to picket Robin Williams' funeral. Adam Hill from The Last Leg has been in a massive row with them, apparently, and in tonight's episode of The Last Leg, he's going to say shit about them. I'm rooting for Adam Hill!

Honestly, I've had people bully me so much, whether it was name-calling, fights, being stabbed in the ear with a pen, I've been through some terrible family shit that's unforgivable and yet I don't hate them as much as I hate Westboro Baptist Church. I feel sorry for the kids being brought up by them dumb twats because they don't have a chance at life! Though some people do slip through the net and see them for the cult they are.

It's interesting how many people have now changed their stance on suicide as a result of this - "Oh yeah, before I believed it was a selfish coawrd's way out, but because someone hilarious and funny like Robin Williams did it, I've re-thought my position."

I read:

"I was a selfish and disrespectful c*nt before with no thought given to the finer feelings of people who I may have never met before because I am incapable of empathy, but because Mork killed himself, I've now come to realise that other people DO have feelings."

I've always sympathised with most suicide victims but less so for some i.e the ones who use someone else to end their lives, the people who choose suicide by cop, or jump in front of a car/bus/train...because they do selfishly not consider the consequences on their unintended killer....Thats a selfish act

But still suicide is a cry for help, a twisting of the mind by a disease of depression (in RW's case) where you feel its a noble act to rid the world of yourself as everyone will be better off

Have you already seen that video @Animal where he offers to pay to send the westboro baptist church to iraq so they can picket the funerals of Christians killed by ISIS? hilarious stuff

Replayed this whilst having dinner. I remember when I first watched all of these. I was constantly saying "YES, thank you! yes! Jeopardy YES!"

Jeopardy was sometimes replaced with a more relevant at the time word.

Hi I'm Rummy and I'm here on behalf of satan. I've deliberated asking this question for a while, but I've decided to slightly hijack the thread and do so;

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane @AnyoneElse (and indeed @Iun, but I'd like to ask for your response a bit later, if you'll entertain me)

Do you believe the people fitting the description of Animal's 'friend''s description do not exist? i.e. somebody saying they are depressed and getting many benefits from such - yet displaying little to no signs of such? Possibly taking from a system with it, or contrasting very differently to what you would consider a 'depressed' person?

Hi I'm Rummy and I'm here on behalf of satan. I've deliberated asking this question for a while, but I've decided to slightly hijack the thread and do so;

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane @AnyoneElse (and indeed @Iun, but I'd like to ask for your response a bit later, if you'll entertain me)

Do you believe the people fitting the description of Animal's 'friend''s description do not exist? i.e. somebody saying they are depressed and getting many benefits from such - yet displaying little to no signs of such? Possibly taking from a system with it, or contrasting very differently to what you would consider a 'depressed' person?

Re.... Request granted?

I am not sure. However, I am sure that many people still don't understand depression and wrongfully think this about people who actually do suffer. And I would rather let ten non-depressed people reap extra benefits, in bad taste as it may be, than let a single actually depressed person go without the help and sympathy they so desperately need.