NEurope
bryanee

Robin Williams - Found Dead - RIP

Absolutely gutted by this news. What a huge loss this is. This year continues to rob me of some of my favourite celebrities. :(

SLi9r1V.png

Man, just pic made me really tear up.

I'm not going to lie, I actually cried again looking at this picture.

I saw this when I came on here last night and I cried. I grew up with his movies. He truly was one of my idols and I watched his movies whenever I was down or feeling ill.

Funniest thing is over the weekend, when I was suffering with bad migraines, I watched Hook and Aladdin! Hook is my 'ill' movie (y'know, the movie you always watch whenever you're ill and stuck in bed). I loved Jumanji, Flubber, Jack, Good Will Hunting, World's Greatest Dad and, of course, Mrs. Doubtfire.

As @Dr\. bob has said, if nobody has seen his stand-up material, I suggest they watch it, it's pretty funny stuff!

It's weird to think of him as gone. I mean, a few weeks back, I was reading they were going to do a Mrs. Doubtfire 2!

R.I.P Robin Williams, you're such a legend!

2014 sucks! It's taking away my childhood! First Uncle Phil, then Egon, then Drop Dead Fred and now Peter Pan?! Stop 2014, just stop! :shakehead

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Fuck, can't believe I forgot about Jumanji. Amazing film.

I'm watching clips from Good Will Hunting. Might have to get that on LoveFilm next and watch it again.

Absolutely, heart-wrenchingly gutting! :( Not what I was expecting to read when I logged onto my PC this morning! The world really is a little darker today for his loss. If it is because of depression then that really is awful. His drink problems were well known and after his heart surgery, thought he was on the up and up.

Massive fan of the man, both of his films and his stand-up. Just one of the best, if not the best, at improvising on the spot. Seriously, if you haven't seen his stand-ups, check them out. Most of them are on Youtube and they're brilliant.

But it's not just his comic genius, but also the range he could portray on the screen. From the light-hearted comedies of Mrs. Doubtfire and Flubber (and Hook, giving us Bangarang before Skrillex bastardised the word! :mad:) to the more serious stuff like Good Will Hunting and Good Morning, Vietnam and even his more sinister characters in One Hour Photo and Insomnia which he played with such conviction, he was just brilliant.

Really is a sad day for the world! Definitely feel a movie binge coming on to honour this great man's work.

Rest in peace, Robin! You'll be missed greatly!

I'm struggling to keep it together at work today. He was such a fantastic person and so full of energy and life. I think he brought a smile to everyone's face, whether it was in Alladin or a film like Jumanji. Damn it :(

I thought he was getting better as time went on but clearly not. Let this be a reminder that depression and mental health can affect anyone, no matter who they are.

Also, his daughter Zelda tweeted something rather beautiful. Worth a read.

No point hiding this, i cried a little when i read that this morning.

I'm well and truly gutted by this news, i've always loved him and his work, he always seemed so jovial and happy, but we all knew there was sadness and humour was his coping mechanism.

Can't believe it still.. a light has gone out in this world that can never be replaced, the world will never have a friend like him again :(

I know I commented earlier but I can't get over this. It really is f***ed up! So unbelievably sad.

He was such a good actor, it's so sad to hear he's dead :( It sounds like he was a genuinely cheery, fun and great person, too.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

10615645_10154435185455720_2548693139244982325_n.jpg?oh=330f279015d229e9f69029553a076e24&oe=54626A54&__gda__=1415369282_42ee1442fd8204ae57df222d240263ac

But seriously, what a horrible loss. I find a lot of movies become slightly difficult to watch when they contain actors with immense charisma, so this is going to affect a whole bunch. Jack is going to be off the cards for the near future.

So sad and thoughts are with his family, I met Zelda at the London symphony she was a really lovely person and said that her dad would have loved to have come to the show if it was not for work commitments at the time.

Man, I thought of loads of Robin Williams films I'd seen, but I keep seeing more mentioned that I forgot. It's slightly amazing just how many films he's been in that I've seen. Amusingly I was thinking of Popeye just the other day(can't recall why) and maybe even trying to find a copy of it(not seen it since I was youngish). Bicentennial Man, One Hour Photo, Night at the Museum(s), Popeye, Flubber, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, Jack, Toys, Patch Adams, Mork and Mindy(ok not a film but I watched it for some reason as a kid), Hook, Aladdin(s)! The craziest thing is I'm pretty shit at seeing films, but I've seen some of those a fair few times too. I dunno if I could watch Aladdin anytime soon now though.

(yeah, I haven't seen Good Will Hunting nor Good Morning Vietnam, I'll rectify those some time in the far future)

Man, I thought of loads of Robin Williams films I'd seen, but I keep seeing more mentioned that I forgot. It's slightly amazing just how many films he's been in that I've seen. Amusingly I was thinking of Popeye just the other day(can't recall why) and maybe even trying to find a copy of it(not seen it since I was youngish). Bicentennial Man, One Hour Photo, Night at the Museum(s), Popeye, Flubber, Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji, Jack, Toys, Patch Adams, Mork and Mindy(ok not a film but I watched it for some reason as a kid), Hook, Aladdin(s)! The craziest thing is I'm pretty shit at seeing films, but I've seen some of those a fair few times too. I dunno if I could watch Aladdin anytime soon now though.

(yeah, I haven't seen Good Will Hunting nor Good Morning Vietnam, I'll rectify those some time in the far future)

I love that film but I don't think I can force myself to watch it again :(

I sat down and watched Mrs Doubtfire earlier to honor him. Such a great movie, such a great role for himself.

2014 sucks! It's taking away my childhood! First Uncle Phil, then Egon, then Drop Dead Fred and now Peter Pan?! Stop 2014, just stop! :shakehead

Don't forget Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers... :(

What with all this "can't watch Aladdin anytime soon" stuff I keep seeing?

Celebrate his greatness and watch it :)

I was listening to "Friend Like Me" in the car on the way to work today

And just ordered Hook and Aladdin on Bluray from Amazon, been meaning for ages to get both these on Bluray but kept putting them off, don't know why ::shrug:, bout time to get them now me thinks.

EDIT

What with all this "can't watch Aladdin anytime soon" stuff I keep seeing?

Ok never mind, after order Hook and Aladdin I went to Youtube and searched for Hook to look up some clips and found this amazing fan made trailer/recap video of the film

My gods I welled up, tears of joy at the awesome memories of how much I love this film and also saddness that we've actually now lost Peter Pan :cry:

But at least he's going on that "awfully big adventure" of his....

I'm not a religious man, I don't believe in heaven, but damn I hope in this case there is an afterlife and it is Neverland

Some people need to be locked in stocks in a village square....the pic was fake/7 years old and someone else

the pic was fake/7 years old and someone else

7 years ago?! The picture CLEARLY says 2014...

:blank:

The picture they sent her on the third tweet down was a .....I don't really want to say it... but

Picture of a bloke who resembled Williams with ligature marks round his neck supposedly from the autopsy

The xif data of which showed it was old and obviously altered to fit its trolling purpose

Why are people calling her heartless? Surely there's some reason? Not that I agree with them obviously, but something must have started the hate.

Normally I'm not too effected by celebrity deaths, but this one has bothered me more than any other. I am think its mainly to do with how amazing and energetic he was in public paired with how he went out that is just really upsetting. He seemed to put so much effort into entertaining and making people happy that its a real shame he was so unhappy. Can't remember who said it, but I heard someone on the radio qoute: "he could make everybody happy but himself"

Why are people calling her heartless? Surely there's some reason? Not that I agree with them obviously, but something must have started the hate.

Normally I'm not too effected by celebrity deaths, but this one has bothered me more than any other. I am think its mainly to do with how amazing and energetic he was in public paired with how he went out that is just really upsetting. He seemed to put so much effort into entertaining and making people happy that its a real shame he was so unhappy. Can't remember who said it, but I heard someone on the radio qoute: "he could make everybody happy but himself"

No idea about these trolls, but I read some comments before from other people going "If you had been there for him and supported him, he wouldn't have killed himself. You are a horrible person for not supporting your depressed father." But of course littered with insults, swear words and rudeness.

Some people should just be banned from the internet... or from life altogether. =(

I hope these @ssholes are caught and charged. Some people have no sympathy or respect. At the very least I hope their friends and family see what evil c***s they are.