NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aneres11

August is officially, the month of Princess Peach!

As some of you may have seen from a post I made in the Wii U general discussion thread a few days ago, Nintendo have officially named August as... THE MONTH OF PRINCESS PEACH! :yay:

As most of you know, I am a lover of Princess Peach (not in that way... :laughing: ), even her Pink Gold variation :heh: so I thought who better to make a thread than meeee?! Plus she totally deserves it. :D

Nintendo have done a great job over the years with the development of their characters. Luigi in particular. I also think they have managed to make Peach a character that people want to play is in games where she is available. Whilst it may only be for the gays and the little girls :D she is still a hugely important character for Nintendo in many games.

Games like Super Smash Bros have really done a great service for characters like Princess Peach as it's given her a whole identity of her own. In giving her an opportunity to no longer be the damsel in distress, she will kick yo' ass on Smash, own you on Mario Kart or blow you away in a swirl of pink magic in Tennis! Nintendo have definitely gone a long way to make people think of Peach in a different way.

Check out her evolution over the years!

princess-peach-toadstool-20101215023417378.jpg

Nintendo obviously noticed there was more of an appeal for this character and in 2006 they FINALLY gave her a starring role in her OWN GAME!

Super_Princess_Peach-title.png

Super Princess Peach was Peach's first adventure that saw the tables turned, as this time - it was Mario captured by Bowser!

Navigating through standard platform worlds of grass, ice, dessert and fire, Peach was armed with Perry, an umbrella that was her main source of attack to the enemies in her way on her adventure.

Players of Super Princess Peach will know that Perry has a story all of his own, told through dreams between stages / worlds. Will we ever see Perry again?! :confused:

The announcement of Princess Peach month has made a lot of people think YES, we will see Perry again! Surely an occasion like this from Nintendo will bring some form of Peach related announcement?!

Sadly, it may not be the case. August is actually, officially the month of the peach fruit, and it seems that Nintendo have jumped on the bandwagon by making it the month of their Peach too!

Maybe it's all just PR, or maybe there actually is something for Peach fans to get excited about?

Either way, I wanted to create this thread regardless, as why not discuss what we would like to see from Nintendo for their main female character?! It probably won't happen, but lets dream anyway!

What about a VC release of Super Princess Peach for Wii U then?! We've seen Brain Training make an appearance, why not Super Princess Peach? I know there are a few fans of the game on here, and it'd be a great opportunity for them to revisit the game all over again as well as allowing people who never got the pleasure to experience the game before to do so now!

Or what about this...

new_super_princess_peach_u_logo_by_zefrenchm-d6ippbv.png

We've had a Luigi themed version, why not a Peach one?! Naturally, the moveset would need to change, but they could have been working away on this ready to unleash!

Or maybe it won't be software, maybe a Peach themed Wii U?! Or a 3DS XL?!

They could add to their line of Peach themed hardware / peripherals we've already got!

0.jpg

I'd love to see more Peach themed items!

So then, although this is probably a non-event, Nintendo could surprise us during August with something exciting!

How about you lot then? Want to see more of Peach, less of Peach? Do you think they use her enough or would you like to see them utilize her a bit more? We've had a lot of Yoshi, Kirby and DK the last couple of years, maybe Peach could breathe new life into the platform genre as per Super Princess Peach which was a really nice departure from the NSMB series all those years ago.

Share your thoughts!

I definitely wouldn't mind another Super Princess Peach game, first one was great. :hehe:

Wonder how well it sold though... :blank:

Anyway, here's a Peachy pic: :heh:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

: peace:

Cracking thread!

Super Princess Peach was an amazing game. It was such a joy to play and I found more enjoyment out of that than the NSMB series. It's criminal that we never got a sequel. :(

Heh, brilliant pic RedShell!!

Well according to VG Chartz (I've no idea how reputable that is :heh: ) Super Princess Peach has sold just over a million copies since launch in 2006. Apparently the majority of the sales were America too.

Although it may not be a massive number compared to other games, for a stand alone one off as it appears to have been, that isn't too bad at all. Or is it?! I have no idea with these things. :D

A 3DS sequel would definitely be most welcome anyway! They could even include Daisy and Rosalina this time!

How about Super Pink Gold Peach?!?! :P

Why not! I'm pretty sure they could do a Mario 64 metal cap style thing where she becomes heavy underwater etc.

The possibilities are endless with good ol' Peach!

A New Super a Princess Peach U would be amazing! : peace:

Why not! I'm pretty sure they could do a Mario 64 metal cap style thing where she becomes heavy underwater etc.

The possibilities are endless with good ol' Peach!

A New Super a Princess Peach U would be amazing! : peace:

Oooh conspiracy. .. maybe the reason for the 'WTF' inclusion of PGP in MK8 was a prelude to tge sequel!

So browsing through FaceBook earlier, Seen that Nintendo had made another Peach post about #peachmonth :heh: asking pekoe what their favourite game was that Peach had starred in.

I made sure I added my comment for Super Princess Peach, and was quite happy to see that loads of people had also commented saying their fave was that too! Maybe Nintendo will listen to this feedback?! Aaaand maybe I'm just wishful thinking. :heh:

I dug my copy of Super Princess Peach out the other day. Played through the first world - absolutely love it. The sound track, the animations, everything.

Think I'm gonna play through it all then maybe make a new discussion purely for this game in general thread. It may only get one reply, but it's worth talking about how great a game it is! : peace:

Sign in to follow this