NEurope
Happenstance

A Link to the Past or Super Metroid?

As far as I know Nando is just sending the carts.

Its a shame SNES games were shipped in the cardboard boxes that have just been damaged and thrown away. I dont have one boxed SNES game in my collection while nearly everything in my Mega Drive collection has a box.

As far as I know Nando is just sending the carts.

Its a shame SNES games were shipped in the cardboard boxes that have just been damaged and thrown away. I dont have one boxed SNES game in my collection while nearly everything in my Mega Drive collection has a box.

yeah sorry, i knew that i kinda was just saying then realised its a bit of a rub. not having them is no detriment, and really no big deal now, it was just a real touch of magic for me as a kid then. the game is still fantastic, and i replay it from time to time(did you say you played albw btw? be v interesting seeing you go opposite way round). super metroid might be shorter and more of a continuous/compelling experience, but i think lttp is a richer, more well crafted one in terms of sort of world/characterisation and story.

super metroid is much more gameplay, and superbly crafted within its realm(see the metroid in metroidvania), yet i must admit i never played it properly when young and have yet to actually beat it too. so, as before, i'm biased :p

I technically played LttP first but never really got far enough into it but yeah I have played and completed ALBW so as you said, it should be interesting to see how they compare in my head.

I technically played LttP first but never really got far enough into it but yeah I have played and completed ALBW so as you said, it should be interesting to see how they compare in my head.

Nice. Be very interested to hear your thoughts playing through LttP after that, so keep us posted!

I was exactly the same :heh:

I returned to A Link to the Past just after finishing A Link Between Worlds and have found it to be significantly more difficult and, as a result, much more frustrating. I stopped playing during the ice dungeon but will return at some point to see it through to the end on Wii VC!

My relatively tepid feelings towards the game meant that parting with the SNES cartridge wasn't too difficult :indeed:

Got my first ever boxed SNES game in the post today! lol. A suprisingly well looked after copy of Starwing with the box and manual that only cost me a couple of quid.

I stopped playing during the ice dungeon but will return at some point to see it through to the end on Wii VC!

As much as like the rest of LttP, the ice dungeon is a fairly cuntish precursor to that of the water temple in OoT. I've played LttP so many times, and yet I think every single time I still manage to get lost for ages going in circles in the dungeon. I KNOW what I'm looking for and what I have to do, yet I just can't find/get to the place.

Damn, I'm tempted to play it again soon just to see if I get lost again. Time to go digout that micro maybe...

Oh god im tempted to pay £60 for a copy of Chrono Trigger at the moment. Someone needs to talk me down!

Oh god im tempted to pay £60 for a copy of Chrono Trigger at the moment. Someone needs to talk me down!

Why would you want to be talked down? It's the best game of that generation and the price will only ever continue to rise. Investment!

Edited by Sheikah

Yes but over the past two weeks including the Retron 5 I have spent over £300 on retro stuff! I need to stop myself somewhere lol

As much as like the rest of LttP, the ice dungeon is a fairly cuntish precursor to that of the water temple in OoT. I've played LttP so many times, and yet I think every single time I still manage to get lost for ages going in circles in the dungeon. I KNOW what I'm looking for and what I have to do, yet I just can't find/get to the place.

Damn, I'm tempted to play it again soon just to see if I get lost again. Time to go digout that micro maybe...

Get the Cane of Somaria first and the temple is easy as hell. ;)

Get the Cane of Somaria first and the temple is easy as hell. ;)

Funnily enough I think I always did them two temples in opposite order(ie Ice first) - however even WITH the cane of somaria the problem I tended to have is one of circling round and round and round, similar to the water temple. I really need to try and give it a go again and see how I get on. Might cheat my way over to there then take it proper. Then again I do love playing the game so maybe I'll do a proper run.

Should we rename this thread or move it to the general retro one? Its gone past its original question but im liking that conversation is still going and I need to keep it updated with my Zelda updates!

It's not that even good a game.

It's not that even good a game.

Oh man. As an RPG goes it's one of the very best.

It's not that even good a sentence.

Chrono Trigger is the shit. Still the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

Oh no, right in the sentence. The pain.

What can I say, it didn't grip me as much as it seems to have done to everyone else. Played for quite some time, came against a boss I couldn't beat and didn't have enough enthusiasm to do some training to level up.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Best classic JRPG, no contest. FFVI and DQV are close, but CT is just too good in every regard. It has aged tremendously well, too!

May I enquire if you like JRPGs, @EEVILMURRAY?