NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15

I'm just having my tea now, so may be on a tiny bit later than expected. Should be done soon, I'm trying to wolf it down. :p

Into the league below we goooo.

There's a noticeable step up from the league we were in previously to the one we were just in. The AI were a lot tougher and the defences were so much harder to break down. I don't know what it is exactly, but the AI defence for the opposition always seems so much more tougher than ours. I wonder if there's a way we can fix that.

On a positive note, we looked better in the final two games and I enjoyed going up front. Glad to have my first goal at last! Still really enjoying the game. I think we've got a good team but are probably in need of two extra players to play in the left and right back slots, to add some extra width when attacking. If we do that, I think we're sorted.

Sooooooo frustrating, nothing would click for us last night.

Look at the pluses, though. We kept possession pretty well (think we had the highest possession stats that I've seen since I've been there), we communicated well for the most part and we looked more dangerous from crosses. The downsides are that we struggled to get into shooting positions and the AI on our team was absolute shite. Every goal we seemed to concede wasn't really our fault and there wasn't an awful lot we could have done to prevent them. We were unlucky.

Once we get Dazzy and gmac back, we'll look better. I still think we need another two players to play at right and left back to help us provide that width. We'd look more dangerous on the wings that way and I think it would give us another dimension.

Positives from last night.

@Esequiel scored an absolute beauty of a goal.

@Fierce_LiNk scored his first goal.

We had good possession last night but final third, we were useless. Hardly created anything.

We missed @dazzybee & @gmac last night.

We have a solid midfield when we have 6 but when we are down to 4, its a struggle to create chances with 2 less in midfield.

Relegation isn't a bad thing, we'll win more games and score more goals boosting our pros even more.

Everybody available from 5pm tonight? Back to back promotions hopefully....

@Sexual Chocolate, @Hero\-of\-Time.

We need to start winning some games again...

Everybody available from 5pm tonight? Back to back promotions hopefully....

We need to start winning some games again...

I'd prefer, and I'm sure Fierce would too if it was 6, so after the Man U Cheslea game.

Im off to Spurs today so I won't be back til about half 4 anyway and wouldn't mind sorting myself out a little, but either way I'm definitely up for this.

Though desperate to get into Bayonetta, but that can wait :) I move into a nee place next week and BT are wankers so I won't have internet for the first week so no online for me...

I'd prefer, and I'm sure Fierce would too if it was 6, so after the Man U Cheslea game.

Im off to Spurs today so I won't be back til about half 4 anyway and wouldn't mind sorting myself out a little, but either way I'm definitely up for this.

Though desperate to get into Bayonetta, but that can wait :) I move into a nee place next week and BT are wankers so I won't have internet for the first week so no online for me...

6 would be great. It'll give me time to watch the game and cool down afterwards before taking out all of my frustration on this game. :D

Sorry guys, got delayed and my life all went wrong this evening...

I blame spurs...

I'm thinking of finally making the jump from Pro Evo to FIFA. I've quite enjoyed playing FIFA 14 and 15 with others offline but how does the CPU/AI hold up?

Well.... that went well..... Really thought we were on for it then in the last 15 minutes with 10 men!

Well.... that went well..... Really thought we were on for it then in the last 15 minutes with 10 men!

Tbh, I'm not sure what we did wrong tonight. We started off very well and played some very good football. The opposition were using some bullshit tactics and we struggled with the balls over the top and these "ball-hoggers". What we could do with is a centre-back pairing who aren't the CPU, actual players who can deal with these balls, tall centre-backs who can stop these balls. I think literally every goal we conceded tonight came from a long ball from their half which just seemed to go to their man and they had an easy opportunity to score. There was one quite early on which I think just silenced us all...shocking really.

There were tons of positives, though.

- We were making great runs into the box and the communication between the attackers was fantastic.

- We got back well to defend and transitioned into the counter-attacks quite well.

- That game where we won 2-0 against that tricky opponent was a fantastic team performance. Think it was Esequiel who mentioned me playing in that defensive mid role, which I loved. We had that team in our pocket and they couldn't break us down.

- We were much tighter and organised and had a higher possession rate of the ball.

- Some of the through balls tonight were fantastic. We exploited the high line of many of the teams quite well, we just need to be more clinical I reckon.

We've got a good core of players, but I definitely think we need more. I love being in central midfield, so would like to continue there. The problem is conceding those cheap goals (a left back, right back, central defender would help) and making sure we put our chances away. At the moment, the CPU is letting us down, it's not fully our fault at all.

I'm thinking of finally making the jump from Pro Evo to FIFA. I've quite enjoyed playing FIFA 14 and 15 with others offline but how does the CPU/AI hold up?

Good choice, we're loving 15 at the moment. What do you mean about the AI? It's a challenge, imo. I've found it quite difficult to break down teams and I've also read about the keepers being tougher to beat. But, you could always move it down to semi-pro or amateur or move it up if you find it too difficult or too easy. I'd give the demo a try if I were you and then go from there. I recommend it.

We've got a good core of players, but I definitely think we need more..

I'd genuinely love to be involved with something like this but unfortunately I don't have a PS4 :hmm: I've never felt any real desire for the console, to be honest, but it'd be awesome to be part of the team..

I'd genuinely love to be involved with something like this but unfortunately I don't have a PS4 :hmm: I've never felt any real desire for the console, to be honest, but it'd be awesome to be part of the team..

Tbh, it's a great system that's just going to get better. We've had no real issues setting the games up, organising a party chat and it seems to find competitive teams to play against really, really quickly. I was expecting waiting times of minutes but this takes seconds. When I was younger and played FIFA96 on the SNES, I always thought that it would be cool to have 11 of your mates playing on the same team, controlling a player each. Now, I'm finally able to do that. I've been addicted to this mode for that reason, it's great to see how videogames have progressed over the years for such a thing to be possible.

Admittedly, it would have been great to do this on a Nintendo system, but...there's just far too many issues. Who knows if Pro Clubs would even have made it into the game and the game itself isn't even on the WiiU anyway. Plus, don't get me started on the lack of a party chat function and who knows if it would have even been possible to find teams to play against or how long it would take to do so. For this sort of this, you need a huge userbase of players and teams. I don't think that you'll find this on a Nintendo system. The PS3 and 360 will be getting phased out pretty soon, so I think the only real way you can experience these sorts of games will be on the PS4 or One.

The PS3 and 360 will be getting phased out pretty soon, so I think the only real way you can experience these sorts of games will be on the PS4 or One.

I went through a phase recently, spearheaded by The Last of Us, where I was basically playing the PS3 exclusively for several weeks without really touching my Wii U or 3DS. It definitely opened my eyes, in some ways, to certain things but since clearing Naughty Dog's finest, I've found myself needing that injection of Nintendo in my veins :heh: The N64 and 3DS are now hogging the limelight and my belated affair with FIFA 14 seems to have fizzled out!

As much as I may cry out sometimes that there are too many games to play, it does often feel satisfying to be able to jump between different things at will, all providing different experiences. I definitely posted within the last few months that I couldn't ever see myself getting a PS4 or XBOX One, but the truth is that while Nintendo have always provided the vast majority of my gaming, I always seem to end up with a PlayStation towards the end of its life. My PS1, PS2, PS3 and, more recently, PSP, are all evidence of that, so perhaps it's not too farfetched to suspect that there may come a day where I end up with a PS4 too :heh:

Having said that, I imagine Nintendo will have unveiled their next console before that day comes..

Tbh, I'm not sure what we did wrong tonight. We started off very well and played some very good football. The opposition were using some bullshit tactics and we struggled with the balls over the top and these "ball-hoggers". What we could do with is a centre-back pairing who aren't the CPU, actual players who can deal with these balls, tall centre-backs who can stop these balls. I think literally every goal we conceded tonight came from a long ball from their half which just seemed to go to their man and they had an easy opportunity to score. There was one quite early on which I think just silenced us all...shocking really.

There were tons of positives, though.

- We were making great runs into the box and the communication between the attackers was fantastic.

- We got back well to defend and transitioned into the counter-attacks quite well.

- That game where we won 2-0 against that tricky opponent was a fantastic team performance. Think it was Esequiel who mentioned me playing in that defensive mid role, which I loved. We had that team in our pocket and they couldn't break us down.

- We were much tighter and organised and had a higher possession rate of the ball.

- Some of the through balls tonight were fantastic. We exploited the high line of many of the teams quite well, we just need to be more clinical I reckon.

We've got a good core of players, but I definitely think we need more. I love being in central midfield, so would like to continue there. The problem is conceding those cheap goals (a left back, right back, central defender would help) and making sure we put our chances away. At the moment, the CPU is letting us down, it's not fully our fault at all.

You played great last night, we are just on a bad run at the moment. We'll soon get going again.

That last game with us down to 10 men and 3-0 down with 10 minutes left to pull it back to 3-3 and nearly win it, absolutely crazy.

Anyone on tonight from 7ish?

Yeah im actually really in the mood tonight, just need to get a couple of quotes done and il be good to go.

You played great last night, we are just on a bad run at the moment. We'll soon get going again.

That last game with us down to 10 men and 3-0 down with 10 minutes left to pull it back to 3-3 and nearly win it, absolutely crazy.

Anyone on tonight from 7ish?

I thought we played well in general, it's the CPU letting us down. I'm pretty sure that none of the goals conceded last night were actually as a result of what we did.

The dream would be to get 11 vs 11!

I'll be on from about 20 past 7. Ine and I have just got home and we're cooking our tea. Prawn noodles, fuck yeah.

Same as fierce I'll be on around then too, just finishing making my tea, eat that and I'm ON! Can't wait. Been a while.

Got my scoring boots back on afterward and annihilated Heros brother 5-1 - Spurs v psg! Terrible games tonight. But always amazing fun!

I really enjoyed yesterday! Especially how we finally had enough players to properly take over from the computer. I enjoyed going as a full back although my pro isn't built for it at all. He's pretty good in central midfield because he can knock others off the ball and usually my tackle stats are decent (I can get forward well, too). To be a full back, he's too slow and it's harder to bomb up and down the wings.

It was so awesome, though. We're close to having a full 11 now! The only area I'm sceptical about is in goal, because I'm not sure how well one of us would do there. But, it might make it quicker to start counter attacks as the cpu is soooo slow at taking the goals kicks or dispersing the ball.

Loved it. :D Mooooar.

Gone into my flat today and there's an open internet connection there :) So maybe I won't be out of action!!

Sign in to follow this