NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15

Anyone get their copy? Got mine last night and a little unsure about it.

Goalkeepers seem way too overpowered! Had a header that was destined for the top corner but the keeper moved like Neo from the Matrix and saved it - it just looked/felt wrong. Plus actually scoring a goal doesn't feel that great anymore. Oh and if anyone can tell me how to defend in this game, then let me know.

I do like the passing though and the fact that you have more control when dribbling. I'll be playing this ALOT more (Destiny can go away!) so I'll see if I can adapt to these changes.

If you're online, hit me up! (PS4 version).

Wait till you've played a ton more games you'll find the keepers make their fair share of really dumb mistakes as well. The scripting of goalies has long been an issue though...not exclusive to keepers either, next time you score a header from a corner watch the replay and see where it came off, chances are it's rebounded off a space in front of the players head/shoulder/a defender if FIFA does/doesn't want you to score it will make you don't.

Wait till you've played a ton more games you'll find the keepers make their fair share of really dumb mistakes as well.

I fear this will be the huge problem with it - save pretty much everything they shouldn't and then make stupidly irritating mistakes... because, you know, it's realistic!!

Anyone fancy a game NOW?

I fear this will be the huge problem with it - save pretty much everything they shouldn't and then make stupidly irritating mistakes... because, you know, it's realistic!!

Anyone fancy a game NOW?

You know wait till you've seen some of them you'll be annoyed they are not things keepers would do. For example acting like a sweeper keeper and running to the player and stopping dead as if you hit a wall.

Gonna wait to see what they patch this year as early adopters seem frustrated by the bugs. Also - PES releases in November and if the demo is anything to go by, it could be the better on-field game this year.

Gonna wait to see what they patch this year as early adopters seem frustrated by the bugs. Also - PES releases in November and if the demo is anything to go by, it could be the better on-field game this year.

I've been thinking more and more about how poor FIFA is in some respects when compared to the old PES.

Making my left winger now, do we have a team set up yet?

Yeah, lostmario has created it.

Servers are a bit knackered at the moment, as expected. Ultimate Team won't work and I've played a few drop in Be A Pro games only for the stats not saving at the end of the game.

N-E club side is called N Europe United.

I've sent transfer requests to @Hero\-of\-Time & @dazzybee.

Had some good Be A Pro games earlier only to then realise it didn't save any of it.

Ah ok wondered why it was so jumpy! Ok sweet transfer me when you can!

I don't think you are on my friends list.

I've been thinking more and more about how poor FIFA is in some respects when compared to the old PES.

PES since 2008 has been rubbish for me but I like the latest demo. I think it resembles a real football match much more than Fifa 15 does.

N-E club side is called N Europe United.

I've sent transfer requests to @Hero\-of\-Time & @dazzybee.

Had some good Be A Pro games earlier only to then realise it didn't save any of it.

I'll be back on it tomorrow.

Anyone about this weekend to get some games in?

One thing I feared and turns out to be true, is you can't have a friendly with random players online... Isn't this the essence of football games? Just one game and then it turns out to be 10!? I find this preposterous and utterly painful... the only way you can play against randoms is through seasons mode, which you HAVE to use the awful tactical defending...

It's almost destroyed online for me. Obviously I prefer playing with people I know, but I sometimes like playing against random people, and now I can't... demented...

How the hell do you use tactical defending? I don't understand it at all, I still won't both seasons games, but I simply just try and run into the player to defend and slide a lot! Not a great idea generally!

You know wait till you've seen some of them you'll be annoyed they are not things keepers would do. For example acting like a sweeper keeper and running to the player and stopping dead as if you hit a wall.

Oh I have no doubt that's exactly what's going to happen! So frustrating. They nailed it a few years ago... I still sort of love it, and it's like smack, but in spite of the work done to it, and absolutely because of the whole package, and the good stuff it does is enough for me to want to keep playing... Really wish the license was free for anyone to use...

Game is almost unplayable for me. Lagging constantly, jumping all the time and not smooth at all, disconnected from PSN to see if that helped, it didn't. Any ideas?

Game is almost unplayable for me. Lagging constantly, jumping all the time and not smooth at all, disconnected from PSN to see if that helped, it didn't. Any ideas?

Just got to wait it out, unfortunately. It's launch day hiccups. My nephew was playing it this morning and said it was fine but once everyone was getting in from work and hammering the servers everything has slowed to a crawl.

I wouldn't mind that but even disconnected from the net its still jumpy as shit?!

Read about that on Neogaf, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.

I'm in love with this so far. It's really fun. :)

It's awesome having so many stadiums to choose from. Money well spent.

Anyone up for some games after the merseyside Derby?

Anyone help me with tactical defending?

Anyone up for some games after the merseyside Derby?

Anyone help me with tactical defending?

Stupid question but what is this tactical defending you keep going on about?

Just a question: What settings are you guys playing on in terms of control?

I've got

Auto Switching: Manual

Auto switching move assistance: None

Passing Power Assistance: Off

Pass Assistance: Manual

Through ball assistance: Manual

Shot assistance: Manual

Cross assistance: Manual

Lob pass assistance: Manual

Save assistance: Assisted

Analog Sprint: On

Defending: Tactical defending

I've never paid any attention to the settings before and usually just play on the default settings. I've put everything to manual and it's fucking hard.

Stupid question but what is this tactical defending you keep going on about?

It's the worst inclusion into fifa I've ever witnessed...

It's the new defending they put in a few years ago, I always play with legacy defending. But now it FORCES you to use tactical defending in seasons (which is the only way to play random people online, which has ruined it a little as I simply won't play it like I did).

And I don't understand it, I know the buttons, but I can't defend, I just use slide tackles and try and run into the opposition, but not actually defend, it really aggregates the fuck out of me.

Another thing which is utterly utterly stupid, is that you can't have guests when playing online, they have to create a profile and then play (hence, lost, my 5 minute disappearance when we played yesterday, had to create a profile for my friend), staggeringly stupid!

Some really really bizarre things in this fifa, however, I am really enjoying it and can see myself it a lot, and luckily playing with friends you can defend properly

Just a question: What settings are you guys playing on in terms of control?

I've got

Auto Switching: Manual

Auto switching move assistance: None

Passing Power Assistance: Off

Pass Assistance: Manual

Through ball assistance: Manual

Shot assistance: Manual

Cross assistance: Manual

Lob pass assistance: Manual

Save assistance: Assisted

Analog Sprint: On

Defending: Tactical defending

I've never paid any attention to the settings before and usually just play on the default settings. I've put everything to manual and it's fucking hard.

Bloody hell, brave, never used manual but can imagine it being crazy crazy hard. So you use tactical defending, do you know how to defend then? If so, can you tell me how!

Use R1 to call another player to press, then use your guy to cut off passing options. That works well, but you just need to be patient really and don't just fly in and overcommit.

Bloody hell, brave, never used manual but can imagine it being crazy crazy hard. So you use tactical defending, do you know how to defend then? If so, can you tell me how!

Sorry for not accepting your games yesterday, I was doing a tournament (Premier League) and wanted to play a few games until bed. What I actually ended up doing was going to sleep at 4...fucking addictive.

I've switched it back to default now. It was really fucking difficult! So much effort to make a simple pass. Very rewarding to score a goal, insanely rewarding. But, simply too hard and less fun in the long term.

For tactical defending, I don't actually know what I do, I just do it as if I were playing in real life or watching a game.

Use R1 to call another player to press, then use your guy to cut off passing options. That works well, but you just need to be patient really and don't just fly in and overcommit.

I do this and I find that it works well, especially when stopping playing crossing the ball in or shooting from distance. But, beware, when one player leaves their position, a gap will open and the harder CPU will work that out and go through that space. You just need to be patient really and not just go after the ball. Sometimes holding your position helps and player will run out of options, allowing you to easily intercept the ball.

One thing I'm finding quite difficult is that it's hard to break the opposition defence down, especially if they go 1-0 up. The game is awesome though and I love seeing how the game alters depending on who scores. Once I go 1-0 up, it's easier to then get a second or third because they go forward much more. Very awesome and realistic.

Sign in to follow this