NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

FIFA 15

I'll fill that attacking mid spot

Awesome, brah. You getting it for sure then? :D

I'll add you in, if so.

Sorry guys, I find FIFA to be poop. Football games are just not for me, I'll not be picking this up.

No worries. : peace:

See you on Battlefield. :D

You set up a Club, name, badge, kit etc. People then sign up to your club. You then play online only matches in this mode and before the match you get to pick which position you would like to play. You don't need a full team to start a match as the AI will take someones place. You then start the games and watch the lols happen. :D

The club is in a league and you have so many games ( think its 10 ) to get enough points ( 12 and 16 I think to actually win the league ) to earn a promotion to the next division. There are 10 divisions ( you start at the bottom ) and each time you get promoted you have to earn a few more points to progress to the next division up.

The players you use are your created avatars. These start off pretty shoddy but as you make good passes, get victorys, play your position well etc. you get points to spend on build attributes up.

Hopefully i've explained that well.

It really is a fantastic gameplay mode, especially when you have a few mates to play it with. I played it on the One with my nephew and his mates and the anger and joy that came out of working as a team was fantastic. Playing the ball well up the field and getting that last minute goal is something special when there are a bunch of you screaming down the headset.

I'm all excited now. :yay:

Whoa, fuck. Great post, which I could double thank it or something. :D

How does it work with organising matches? Say, if we all got together on here on a Wednesday, what do you we do to find a game?

How many players did you play with when you did this on the One? I'm delighted that you can use AI to fill up remaining slots in case a brah can't make it or something.

Also, one thing that concerns me is positions. If we have a brah who plays 4 matches as a left back and decides he wants to play centre-forward, can he just make the switch there and then? It doesn't fuck up any kind of progression at all, does it? I know your stats will be more geared towards being a defender if you've played in defence, but I take it that it all carries forward nonetheless.

Sounds great, looking forward to it. What's it like in terms of communication in game? Did it work well? I'm excited. I've dreamed about playing this ever since I was a kid. I used to play FIFA96 on the SNES and used to think, "wow, wouldn't it be cool if I had 10 other Jims to control the other players?!"

Braaaaaahs, I'm in.

Would fill that empty central defence position! : peace:

Braaaaaahs, I'm in.

Would fill that empty central defence position! : peace:

I've run out of thanks today. I'll thank it tomorrow. Remind me if I forget. :D

Brah, we're going to be a centre-back partnership?! Fucking awesome. Better start learning some German, aaahahaha.

"MOVE UP FUNF METRES, JA!"

"WIN DAS BALL."

"MOVE UP FUNF METRES, JA!"

"WIN DAS BALL."

:blank: Let's stick wiz English, ja? :laughing:

Ok, count me in for the left back position, like I said I've not played a FIFA in a while so if I turn out to be a liability you can all just call me Danny Rose!

:blank: Let's stick wiz English, ja? :laughing:

:laughing:

I can see that this is going to be fun. :D

Ok, count me in for the left back position, like I said I've not played a FIFA in a while so if I turn out to be a liability you can all just call me Danny Rose!

Awesome, brah!

I think we should all have a second choice position, too. Maybe even a third? That way we can change things around a bit every so often if it isn't working or if it isn't fun.

Also, how does it work with subs? Can we do that? Is there a maximum amount of people that can be tied to one club?

Finally, a keeper. AI controlled?

I hope the left back is good, if i have to track back and tackle il get sent off.... like 90% of the time lolololol

How does it work with organising matches? Say, if we all got together on here on a Wednesday, what do you we do to find a game?

How many players did you play with when you did this on the One? I'm delighted that you can use AI to fill up remaining slots in case a brah can't make it or something.

Also, one thing that concerns me is positions. If we have a brah who plays 4 matches as a left back and decides he wants to play centre-forward, can he just make the switch there and then? It doesn't fuck up any kind of progression at all, does it? I know your stats will be more geared towards being a defender if you've played in defence, but I take it that it all carries forward nonetheless.

Sounds great, looking forward to it. What's it like in terms of communication in game? Did it work well? I'm excited. I've dreamed about playing this ever since I was a kid. I used to play FIFA96 on the SNES and used to think, "wow, wouldn't it be cool if I had 10 other Jims to control the other players?!"

Once you join a club you just jump into your club mode and if other people are waiting then you'll just hook up with them. Now that you have a PS4 you also have instant messaging and party chat at your disposal if something goes wrong.

Players can play where ever they choose to play. You have to remember though that some skills and attributes will build up better in a certain position. So I usually play defence and my passing and defensive skills will gradually build up. If I was to play as a striker my shooting would be like that of a starter player as I haven't built up that skill.

The communication worked great. There was 5 of us playing at the time and we had some great banter while we played. We used the Ones party chat feature but i'm sure the in game chat would be fine as well.

I hope the left back is good, if i have to track back and tackle il get sent off.... like 90% of the time lolololol

Aaahaha, Brahkon and I will have to cover Map, who is covering you.

So, who's covering us?! :shakehead

I've updated the first post to include all users who are IN, so far.

I've also included a line-ups spoiler tag, so we have a possible formation in there.

Finally, there are going to be links added for players to know where to get the game from.

Once you join a club you just jump into your club mode and if other people are waiting then you'll just hook up with them. Now that you have a PS4 you also have instant messaging and party chat at your disposal if something goes wrong.

Players can play where ever they choose to play. You have to remember though that some skills and attributes will build up better in a certain position. So I usually play defence and my passing and defensive skills will gradually build up. If I was to play as a striker my shooting would be like that of a starter player as I haven't built up that skill.

The communication worked great. There was 5 of us playing at the time and we had some great banter while we played. We used the Ones party chat feature but i'm sure the in game chat would be fine as well.

Great post again, dude. :D

How does it work with keepers? Would that be best left to the AI as it's a really, really hard position to play?

Is there a maximum amount of players that can be tied to one club?

Sounds excellent, though. Really looking forward to it.

Great post again, dude. :D

How does it work with keepers? Would that be best left to the AI as it's a really, really hard position to play?

Is there a maximum amount of players that can be tied to one club?

Sounds excellent, though. Really looking forward to it.

We always just left the keeper to the AI.

I've just had a look around and it seems you can set the max amount of players you want in your club, with the maximum being 50.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs/fifa14

I'm excited too, was looking at PS4 deals again this morning just because of this thread.

I enjoyed it on the 360 with randoms, even if they refused to pass to me half the time.

Building up your character is like a game on its own.

We always just left the keeper to the AI.

I've just had a look around and it seems you can set the max amount of players you want in your club, with the maximum being 50.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs/fifa14

I think that might be best, unless we have somebody who is absolutely a god at being in goal.

50, eh? That's perfect then. It means we can just assign everybody who wants IN to that club and choose from that pool every week or whatever. There will no doubt be people who can't make it due to having work, other commitments, etc.

I'm excited too, was looking at PS4 deals again this morning just because of this thread.

I enjoyed it on the 360 with randoms, even if they refused to pass to me half the time.

Building up your character is like a game on its own.

That's great that you enjoyed it. It should be even better if we all communicate well. It might even have an impact on other games because if we build up good links on here, that'll mean we know each other better when playing stuff like Battlefield, Destiny, Evolve, etc.

Is it possible to assign your character to more than one team? E.g, could we even fill two complete line-ups for two different teams if this really, really takes off?

I think that might be best, unless we have somebody who is absolutely a god

My ears are burning?

at being in goal.

Oh. Never mind.

Will likely be getting this on Xbox One think we will struggle to put together an 11 a side from here though

That's great that you enjoyed it. It should be even better if we all communicate well. It might even have an impact on other games because if we build up good links on here, that'll mean we know each other better when playing stuff like Battlefield, Destiny, Evolve, etc.

Yeah, well me, @Hero\-of\-Time, @kav82 have gamed together quite a bit over the last few years on Monster Hunter & COD so hopefully we can build on that and bring together the N-E PS4 community.

I do my best to bring the community together on the Wii U with the Mario Kart league but I am restricted with the shoddy online setup they give us for communication during league nights.

Is it possible to assign your character to more than one team? E.g, could we even fill two complete line-ups for two different teams if this really, really takes off?

I think once you sign up to a club, you can only play for that one club.

Only one team can represent the club at one time.

I could be wrong.

Official notification that I am

iH1ytrbBPwpII.gif

Edited by lostmario

You didn't debate my point/ your critiques. Why do you think it feels like a tank etc?

Having not really played a FIFA game in any significant amount since FIFA 10, I find the most recent version to feel very clumsy to control :hmm:

I've only played a few games, so I'm sure it is something you continue to adapt to the more you play, but that doesn't disguise the fact that it is there. If you've been playing FIFA consistently over the last few years, the changes perhaps feel more subtle than what I've experienced.. to my horror :heh:

When I play a football game with my friends, I like to feel in control and confident in what I am capable of doing with and without the ball, knowing that my own input is the dominent influence in what happens during the game. Over the years, and particularly FIFA 14 and PES 2014, I feel that statistics and the strive for 'realism' is pushing that control too far away from the gamer.

I know you say FIFA has 360 degree movement, but that doesn't necessarily equate to a more precise and tactile feel. When I have played the game, I don't feel like I'm completely in control of the ball and the action doesn't feel responsive enough. I feel like the players are stumbling around and it's a struggle just trying to keep them in check. I have no confidence that what I want to achieve will be carried out on screen, and when you factor in that average players control worse than they probably should, it's difficult to enjoy it.

One of my favourite football games of all time, ISS Pro Evolution 2 on the PS1, only has 8-way movement, much like PES 6, but it feels easy to control the player on the ball and know that he'll turn exactly when you want him to turn and it's just a much more satisfying experience all round. I know what I'm gonna get when I take a shot and give it a certain amount of power and direction. My brief time with FIFA 14 felt like a lottery, but like I say, I'd probably need to play it for a while to figure out it's nuances :smile:

If everyone else enjoys it, fair enough.. but this is how I feel when I play it. I love a good, competitive game of football so it makes it all the more painful that I haven't been particularly impressed by any football game for a number of years. The best one on PS3, for me, is PES 2013 but that doesn't really say much for what it is up against :indeed:

In the future, hopefully developers will breathe new life into football games, much like Konami did briefly with Pro Evolution Soccer on Wii, but at the moment the genre has become stale :sad:

Will likely be getting this on Xbox One think we will struggle to put together an 11 a side from here though

I think you'll struggle to get 5 a side from here :heh:

Aaaaaawwwwww Yiiiiiss. Gamestop has a nice offer.

Trade in two games from their list (I'll give them Fifa 14 and Tomb Raider) and get Fifa 15 for 9,99€.

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

In Germany, at least.

To be fair, it isn't just me :heh: None of my friends were impressed by FIFA in the slightest and we all felt that it was slow, cumbersome and heavy. There is genuine bewilderment amongst us at why FIFA is so revered these days :blank:

There are clearly millions who like it, and that's fair enough, but I can't pretend to enjoy it and forgive the lack of fluidity and fun from the gameplay. To me, it is hideously overrated, but what can I do, really..? ::shrug:

I recall @Oxigen_Waste making a thread earlier in the year asking for help to decide which should be his first football game purchase. I found it very interesting to see the thoughts of someone not particularly influenced by factors other than gameplay.

I assume that the more you play FIFA, the more you get used to it and the flaws will become less influencial. It's probably a pretty safe bet, though, that when FIFA 15 comes around that it'll be the new "best football game EVER" and FIFA 14 will be derided for it's shortcomings that will now have been "improved", just like every other year :indeed:

Here are my two cents:

Fifa (13 PS3) is good. It's more than just good, it's borderline great. It's a masterpiece of presentation, packed to the brim with features and lovely to look at. The gameplay is awesome, too! Nice learning curve and overall just quite satisfying.

HOWEVER. PES (6 360) is absolute gameplay perfection. Everything is possible. The players feel responsive, nimble and intuitive (and personally, I love the twitchy nature of the game). Everything gels together incredibly well and the whole thing just feels cohesive. It may be somewhat unrealistic at times but it's pure, unadulterated fun. And playing FIFA is bound to feel clunky and slow after experiencing this magic. I too, thought the players in FIFA felt like tanks (exact word I used at the time, actually) at first because of it's more realistic approach and input delay.

Sadly, PES'14 is a turd and I left my 360 back home when I moved to London, so no more PES for me...

But Fifa is still one hell of a game, you just have to let it seduce you. EA and FIFA are sleazy and oily, but they've made a good product here.

You set up a Club, name, badge, kit etc. People then sign up to your club. You then play online only matches in this mode and before the match you get to pick which position you would like to play. You don't need a full team to start a match as the AI will take someones place. You then start the games and watch the lols happen. :D

The club is in a league and you have so many games ( think its 10 ) to get enough points ( 12 and 16 I think to actually win the league ) to earn a promotion to the next division. There are 10 divisions ( you start at the bottom ) and each time you get promoted you have to earn a few more points to progress to the next division up.

The players you use are your created avatars. These start off pretty shoddy but as you make good passes, get victorys, play your position well etc. you get points to spend on build attributes up.

Hopefully i've explained that well.

It really is a fantastic gameplay mode, especially when you have a few mates to play it with. I played it on the One with my nephew and his mates and the anger and joy that came out of working as a team was fantastic. Playing the ball well up the field and getting that last minute goal is something special when there are a bunch of you screaming down the headset.

Holy shit! This sounds awesome! Which platform does N-E play in?

Holy shit! This sounds awesome! Which platform does N-E play in?

PS4

Check the first post, we have 10 players signed up for it already.

Don't you worry, two man crack squad, you're absolutely welcome to my two goals per game average! @Hero\-of\-Time fancy double dipping? ;)

Don't you worry, two man crack squad, you're absolutely welcome to my two goals per game average! @Hero\-of\-Time fancy double dipping? ;)

Wouldn't it be excellent if EA (or other third parties, for example) allowed us to pay more than the price of one game but it allowed us to access ALL versions of that title on all platforms. E.g, if FIFA 15 costs £45, then you pay something like £80-£90 and you own it across all available platforms. Therefore, you could play it on PS3, PS4, X360, XOne, PC. Or maybe you could even choose something like three platforms out of that list.

Would be great. It will nevaaaaaaar happen, though.

PS4

Check the first post, we have 10 players signed up for it already.

Ah... Crap. It's still gonna be quite a while before I join the PS4 club.

=\

Yep sure! Me and my co-op seasons partner @Nintenchris are always up for a game!

Wouldn't it be excellent if EA (or other third parties, for example) allowed us to pay more than the price of one game but it allowed us to access ALL versions of that title on all platforms. E.g, if FIFA 15 costs £45, then you pay something like £80-£90 and you own it across all available platforms. Therefore, you could play it on PS3, PS4, X360, XOne, PC. Or maybe you could even choose something like three platforms out of that list.

Would be great. It will nevaaaaaaar happen, though.

I think people would hope that at some point EA Access would become this but at just $30 a year there is no chance.

Sign in to follow this