NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil REmake HD

For some old games, the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz is actually much bigger than 30fps and 60fps. Sonic the Hedgehog is one example. The original on the Mega Drive now feels like slow motion due to playing ports based on the NTSC version.

Yeah, I get that there's a difference it's just that it doesn't bother me. I mean I grew up playing all the 50hz PAL stuff.

If it takes you more than 4 hours to finish, you're doing it wrong...

:D

I think there's a trophy for doing it in 3. :D

It's here!!

image_zpsdd020dc5.jpg

That's my Christmas gaming sorted. :D

Am I being thick or is this coming to the PS4 too?

Am I being thick or is this coming to the PS4 too?

Yeah, it's due early next year. It's digital only though, ( only the PS3 version got a disc release and only in Japan ) although rumours have started up about a PS4 retail release over here. I wanted it early and the retail release, so I just imported it from Japan. The whole game is in English anyway. You can even reverse the cover of the game so it says Resident Evil. :D

I finished the Saturn and playstation originals in under 3 hours. I think my best was 2 hours 46 minutes, you uses to unlock a rocket launcher with infinite ammo :D

I finished the Saturn and playstation originals in under 3 hours. I think my best was 2 hours 46 minutes, you uses to unlock a rocket launcher with infinite ammo :D

Yeah, I remember pulling that off in the original. I don't think I did it on the Cube version though. Either way, it's been ages since I've played it and will probably require a few runs to get used to where everything is again.

Resident Evil 2 is another matter. I know that game off by heart.

I never got on with resi 2... I know I'm in the minority but at the time I was disappointed!

I never got on with resi 2... I know I'm in the minority but at the time I was disappointed!

I....I'm shocked. It had 4 campaigns, great intertwined story and scenarios, fantastic setting and characters and to top it off you had Mr. X chasing you through the game!

You and I are gonna have a talk the next time we are on Fifa! :D

Code Veronica > all other resi barring maybe the original. Resi 2 didn't have that horror feel for me and the puzzles felt repetetive and forced....

Code Veronica > all other resi barring maybe the original. Resi 2 didn't have that horror feel for me and the puzzles felt repetetive and forced....

I loved CV on the Dreamcast but this was surpassed with the release of the CV:X edition. Those extra scenes with Wesker were amazing. It also has one of my favourite openings to a game.

The scenes with Chris climb the face of the mountain, Wesker vs Alexia and Steve jumping through the window while firing are great. Love them to bits.

I never found CV scary. I think it was more creepy than anything. The disturbing relationship between the twins, the obsession with his sister and that family video where they pull the wings off the insect. Yeah, pretty creepy.

The spider under the ice didn't scare you?

I still have nightmares now.

Nah. Not really freaked out by spiders.

It was more about the fact that you could see and hear it scuttling about and everytime I went into the room I expected it to crash out at me!

It's here!!

image_zpsdd020dc5.jpg

That's my Christmas gaming sorted. :D

Wait a minute, the PS3 isn't region locked?

Played through this a couple of times today. First run through was on easy with Jill, just to get a feel for the game again. I managed to finish it in 4 hours 50 mins. Feeling more confident I fired it straight back up on normal and beat it in 2 hours 49 mins. This nabbed me my trophy as well as the rocket launcher with infinite ammo and the Samurai Edge gun. My next playthrough is going to be awesome. :D

As for the game itself, I think it looks and plays great. Playing without tank controls makes everything a lot smoother, although they do seem to fail a bit here and there when the camera shifts. Also, did Jills rack always bounce or is this feature exclusive to this version? :)

Absolutely fantastic game and will probably do another playthrough tomorrow. I need to do invisible mode, real survivor mode and finish the game without saving once!

Fear can't kill you. But.....

This post pleases me. :D

Me and @Mike1988uk were discussing the remake of this the other day and the pair of us can't wait til it comes out next month.

It's one of my favourite ever games and brings back loads of memories from when I was younger.

I never did finish it in under 4 hours, Mike did though. Definitely gonna go for it though!!

The upgrade in visuals look nice enough, not that I needed any excuse to buy it again. They could have just done a shit port of the ps1 version and I still would buy it. :heh:

Roll on UK release! Is it getting a box release over here?

This post pleases me. :D

Me and @Mike1988uk were discussing the remake of this the other day and the pair of us can't wait til it comes out next month.

It's one of my favourite ever games and brings back loads of memories from when I was younger.

I never did finish it in under 4 hours, Mike did though. Definitely gonna go for it though!!

The upgrade in visuals look nice enough, not that I needed any excuse to buy it again. They could have just done a shit port of the ps1 version and I still would buy it. :heh:

Roll on UK release! Is it getting a box release over here?

Sadly I think it's digital only. It's one of the reasons why I imported it. Gotta have me them boxed goods.

Just started my no save run now. Lets see how far I get...

I was always awful at Resident Evil games, (except the second one which I actually finished). I'll probably get this but I doubt I'll ever get all the way through!