NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil REmake HD

It's nice to see a lot of talk about this game years after it was released on the Gamecube and then later on for the Wii but I don't think there's enough new stuff here for me to go and get this version. I have this game already on PS (original and director's cut), Gamecube, Wii and DS versions and have played all of them to death so I'll buy the Evil Within instead.

I'm disappointed that this HD version still hasn't fixed Kenneth's skin tone and Trevor's note still states 31 November. These are little things but they should have fixed them. I would have loved to have seem some kind of Battle Mode added to this game as they did for the Saturn version.

My guess which others have already mentioned is that Resident Evil 0 will be given the same treatment and make it's way over to other consoles, downloadable only but with a limited disc release in Japan only. I wonder if Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe or even Zack & Wiki will make their way over to current consoles as well. I'm pretty sure that Capcom have no plans to upscale P.N.03 anytime soon or breathe life into Dead Phoenix however.

It's a shame that there is no Wii U version of Res Evil remake HD game (luckily you can play the Wii version) but the biggest kick in the teeth is Capcom not releasing Resident Evil Revelations 2 on any Nintendo platform in the near future.

Edited by sumo73

Getting tempted to buy this now, is it the version with the crimson heads?

Indeed it is. Get that lighter fluid ready!

Nah, I'm good. I feared this was the case and this will stop me getting it. I'm a purist, I don't think the remake made the game any better barring the graphics. The whole Lisa thing seemed forced and there was no room behind the stairs! Fuck the remake! Fuck it to zombie hell!

The Saturn original is a classic, the PS1 copy is just as good. The GC remake.... I didn't love it. I don't know what it is about it, I hates the crimson heads and the added sections didn't fit for me. I'll grab it when its less than a tenner maybe. Just to get the trophies!

I feel like I'm trying to run before I can walk with this game.

After reaching the plant fight when I was going for the under 3 hour / no save run, it made me think it was possible to do both.

No.

I haven't got anywhere near the plant again after that. And I've tried loads.

So I need to just go back to basics and focus on the under 3 hour run, then do no save later.

I'm really enjoying playing it though. It's such a great game.

I'm assuming the tricks like running round the snake to get the emblem still work for this and ignoring the shotgun etc? I think in my under 3 hour run on the PS1 I only used the handgun and bazooka.... Urgh why do I want this game :/

You can ignore the shotgun but you may as well get it seeing as you can just pick it up and let Barry drag you out of the trap room. Easiest way and adds hardly any time. Re the snake, the first time you encounter it you can run round it to get one of the 4 death masks, yes. I found the best way is to get it and let the snake spit at you to poison you. Then you end up in the safe room with full health and the ability to use an item box and continue from there. Others may do it differently though.

But yeah there are lots of tricks and tips to getting your time down. I'm struggling with the under 3 hours though personally. But I think it's just because I'm not managing my items well enough and I don't know the game layout as good as I should.

I cant even remember the death masks, I remember it was the emblems in the original. When the wind blows from the west.... :D

My under 3 hours run has just come to an end...

20150204_161435_zpstiblxjpw.jpg

Just excuse me whilst I swear loudly and refrain from punching something... :heh:

Edited by Aneres11

Just excuse me whilst I swear loudly and refrain from punching something... :heh:

'Fear can't kill you but...

...walking in on @Aneres11 after he's narrowly missed out on completing his 3 hour Resi run will!

:heh:

I'm assuming the tricks like running round the snake to get the emblem still work for this and ignoring the shotgun etc? I think in my under 3 hour run on the PS1 I only used the handgun and bazooka.... Urgh why do I want this game :/

So wait you don't have to beat the snake?

So wait you don't have to beat the snake?

You do eventually, but for the first encounter you just run in, pick up the mask and then peg it out of there.

You do eventually, but for the first encounter you just run in, pick up the mask and then peg it out of there.

Wow never knew that. I was clearly playing this game the wrong way! I've left this on my "pile" to play when I'm on vacation in 2 weeks, noting worse than the missus coming home and having to waste a ribbon!

The more I play of this game the more I love it. :heart:

It was one of my favourite childhood games and it is just as good today as it was then. In fact, it's better, as I have such a big appreciation now for how well crafted the game is. It's only the controls that haven't aged well, but even at the time of the remake for the Cube, they were ropey.

I decided to sack my speed run off and just play through as Chris on very easy and enjoy the story / scoop up any missable / story based achievements. Once I did that I did my speed run as Jill and finished that this afternoon.

Now on to completing hard mode with Chris, which I am going to do soon. But I need some time for that as I intend to do the no save run at the same time too. Risky, but I think having the rocket launcher will definitely help me get out of any tricky spots.

Plus, I've got all the achievements for saving everyone so I'm just gonna let them all die and then that will remove the need of facing the tyrant on the roof which is the part that I could fall down on (which would be disastrous!!!!)

Anyone unsure whether to get this or not, you need to. Just because it's so fucking good.

As much as I enjoyed playing through it on the Gamecube again last year, I can't imagine ever feeling the desire to run through it repeatedly, @Aneres11 :heh:

My enjoyment is making me consider dipping into Dino Crisis, though..

As much as I enjoyed playing through it on the Gamecube again last year, I can't imagine ever feeling the desire to run through it repeatedly,

That's how I felt when I first started it again.

But there is something about getting to know the game and how well designed it is that I have really enjoyed.

Take for instance the part where you save Richard. On first play through it's a nightmare working out where the room for the serum is. After playing through a couple of times, and knowing the mansion layout, it's a pretty easy affair.

And it's that I've enjoyed. It's just given me a huge appreciation for the design of the game and the locations.

They're all so distinct, yet they all link together amazingly well.

Plus, the only reason I'm playing throgh multiple times is for achievement purposes. I want to try and get the ful 1000g for this game, as I have loved playing it, but also because the achievements are a huge challenge and add a load of replay value to the game.

I'm much happier going for a no save run or 'use only your knife' run than the usual bog standard 'kill 100 zombies' that you tend to get with this kind of game.

And in the mean time I get to appreciate the amazing design each and every time I play. :D Win win!

Yeah, going to take some getting used to the controls but I need to join the platinum club I think.

I don't remember it being this difficult to kill zombies though! Four bullets, I swear I used to just aim up and take their heads off....

As much as I enjoyed playing through it on the Gamecube again last year, I can't imagine ever feeling the desire to run through it repeatedly, @Aneres11 :heh:

My enjoyment is making me consider dipping into Dino Crisis, though..

A game that has sat on my PS3 way way too long!

A game that has sat on my PS3 way way too long!

I actually just won that on ebay over the weekend. It's a game I never finished as a youngster so I figured it was time to sort out some unfinished business!

I actually just won that on ebay over the weekend. It's a game I never finished as a youngster so I figured it was time to sort out some unfinished business!

LET'S DO THIS :bouncy:

LET'S DO THIS :bouncy:

YES LET'S DO THIS :bowdown:

Completed all the various runs on this a few days ago to 100% achievement wise.

Absolutely loved playing this again. The voice acting is so bad though!! Haha

Real surviver probably caused me the most trouble, not rally the item boxes coz by then I knew what I needed but just the difficulty with no infinite rocket launcher! Haha. And as I was keeping most of the item boxes free for items I was hardly carrying much in the way of weapons.