NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil REmake HD

There's Jill's campaign, you can still get that viewpoint, only in a tight police uniform now! (probably DLc for all sorts of costumes will come)

So there is an option to use the over the shoulder view?

Because that would actually get me interested.

Remember when Capcom pledged all their Resi games to the Gamecube which then went on to sell like shit? Yup.

As for this, I'm really excited, it's recently become my favourite Resident Evil - one of the moodiest and most atmospheric games around. Oh and fuck, I really hope they get rid of the door opening loading sequence. Imagine how much more fluid playing it will be when opening a door isn't a tactical consideration weighed against your fucking patience.

The Resident Evils sold well on Wii. Resident Evil 4 sold over 2 million, The Umbrella Chronicles over 1.5 million and The Darkside Chronicles sold over 1 million. Not bad for a 2 year old port and 2 on rail shooters. Capcom were happy with the sales. If they had released a true original Resident Evil game I'm sure the sales would have been even higher.

There is a market for Resident Evil on Nintendo platforms.

Maybe on a Nintendo console that sold 100 million consoles over its lifetime. A number that the Wii U isn't even going to reach a quarter of.

Anyway, I'd like for them to do the same with RE0, never played much of that game but those gorgeous pre-rendered backdrops still look appealing.

The Resident Evils sold well on Wii. Resident Evil 4 sold over 2 million, The Umbrella Chronicles over 1.5 million and The Darkside Chronicles sold over 1 million. Not bad for a 2 year old port and 2 on rail shooters. Capcom were happy with the sales. If they had released a true original Resident Evil game I'm sure the sales would have been even higher.

There is a market for Resident Evil on Nintendo platforms.

Maybe on a Nintendo console that sold 100 million consoles over its lifetime. A number that the Wii U isn't even going to reach a quarter of.

Anyway, I'd like for them to do the same with RE0, never played much of that game but those gorgeous pre-rendered backdrops still look appealing.

Yeah I have to agree with The Bard...if you do the maths on the percentages of owners who owned the Wii and bought Resident Evil games as a barometer for potential Wii U sales it's not going to make for great reading just because of the lower install base of the Wii U. Wii U has sold what 7 million? (that's at most, it's more likely somewhere between 6.5-6.8)

The best selling Resident Evil title on Wii was the 4 remake which was bought by just 2% of the 100 million owners. By that reasoning they would sell just 140,000 copies on Wii U...not worth it at all....

This could potentially be then testing the water for Resi 7/Reboot which is quite exciting, as we've heard they're thinking of going back to survival horror.

James Pond Reboot is cancelled on Wii U

Tell me more. When is this out and platforms?

The best selling Resident Evil title on Wii was the 4 remake which was bought by just 2% of the 100 million owners. By that reasoning they would sell just 140,000 copies on Wii U...not worth it at all....

Well I guess it would still be profitable. I think the fact its a download title and still doesn't get a wii u release shows just where the Wii U sits with third parties. It is completely off their radars.

Edited by liger05

Yeah I have to agree with The Bard...if you do the maths on the percentages of owners who owned the Wii and bought Resident Evil games as a barometer for potential Wii U sales it's not going to make for great reading just because of the lower install base of the Wii U. Wii U has sold what 7 million? (that's at most, it's more likely somewhere between 6.5-6.8)

Like I said the sales weren't bad considering one was a 2 year old port and 2 lazy on-rail shooters. Imagine what the sales could have been if they'd actually tried and put a new and real game on the platform. MK8 sold over 2 million copies in a month so the audience is still active. I'm not saying it would get that number but we are starved and willing to buy quality games.

Like I said the sales weren't bad considering one was a 2 year old port and 2 lazy on-rail shooters. Imagine what the sales could have been if they'd actually tried and put a new and real game on the platform. MK8 sold over 2 million copies in a month so the audience is still active. I'm not saying it would get that number but we are starved and willing to buy quality games.

Didn't Revelations bomb on the Wii U though?

Japan gets a limited edition.

PfntqNg.png

Jammy gits!

You mean to say another lazy port of a 3DS game bombed? I am truly shocked!

You mean to say another lazy port of a 3DS game bombed? I am truly shocked!

Sold relatively well on the other platforms though.

Sold relatively well on the other platforms though.

Wouldn't a lot of Wii U consumers own a 3DS and maybe already owned the game? It might have sold better than Wii U but it still bombed everywhere. It deserved its poor sales for putting little to no effort into it.

Wouldn't a lot of Wii U consumers own a 3DS and maybe already owned the game? It might have sold better than Wii U but it still bombed everywhere. It deserved its poor sales for putting little to no effort into it.

I can definitely say this was the reason I never got the WiiU version. Despite enjoying the 3DS game immensely.

I don't know if that is true...let's look at new games in popular series on Wii U; Sonic Lost Worlds 200k, even Pikmin 3 on sold 790k. So there's two popular franchises that didn't even sell gangbusters and one of them is 1st party title.

New franchises on the Wii U didn't fair much better ZombiU only sold 700k, Wonderful 101 just 200k...

Developers just don't want to get continually get burnt releasing games on Nintendo home consoles.

This! I want to see 'dat door opening animation' in Ayccccche Deeeeee! ;)

That's gonna be sweet! :D

Japan gets a limited edition.

PfntqNg.png

Jammy gits!

....WANTWANTWANT!!!

Seriously though, I really hope that this is a prelude to a RE2 remake.

Wow! What a pointless HD remaster :laughing:

A straight port, rendered in 720p/1080p with no re-rendered backgrounds? What's the point!? It just looks exactly the same as before, except now the characters stand out from the backgrounds like a sore thumb :laughing:

Oh and the "widescreen" mode is just a pan and scan?

q8wgZTy.jpg

LOOOOLLLL!!!

And even then, they're also using a nasty sharpening filter that crushes the blacks, loses detail and ruins the original background's baked in depth-of-field...

Gamecube version in Dolphin

dolphin-remakesvkub.jpg

HD Remaster

hd-remakeg3unt.jpg

Hilarious. I bet they fucked up the lighting and specular highlight effects too... just like they did in RE4 HD... (in fact, even just looking at the one shot there, the lighting is already wrong... and the character shadow is missing too...)

Oh Capcpom :laughing: And after you did such a great job with RE:Revelations HD...

So there is an option to use the over the shoulder view?

Because that would actually get me interested.

Nope, it's just a straight port. The "new" control scheme basically lets you move in the direction that you move the analog stick instead of turning your character left/right (think Attack of the Friday Monsters's Circle Pad vs d-pad controls...)

That being said, given how much the camera shifts so suddenly and often (usually pointing your character in a completely different direction towards the camera when doing so) throughout the game... I don't think it'll work very well here...

This port is nothing to get excited over (nor is it anything to mourn over not coming to Wii U). The only thing significant about this is that it's the first time that non-Nintendo console owners will get to play it (seriously... for fucks sake, if you've waited this long to play it just because you're afraid of getting cooties from a Nintendo console, then this is the "HD Remaster" that you deserve :p)

Edited by Dcubed

@Dcubed that post is like something off Neogaf.

I always find stuff like that hilarious. It's like when you get people complaining about so many FPS and if a game isn't 1080p. Me and the lads at work often have a good laugh at how picky people are on there, as we browse throughout the day.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about any of that guff. If it looks half decent and plays as it should then I'm there day one.

He just wanted to justify that no Wii U version "is nothing to mourn over". :indeed:

Seeing a lot of great reception and happy gamers on the internet. I reckon it'll sell well, and the Wii U will be missing another - here I go - third party game.

Never played a Resident Evil game (except 4 on the Wii). Will definitely give this a go : peace:

He just wanted to justify that no Wii U version "is nothing to mourn over". :indeed:

Seeing a lot of great reception and happy gamers on the internet. I reckon it'll sell well, and the Wii U will be missing another - here I go - third party game.

Never played a Resident Evil game (except 4 on the Wii). Will definitely give this a go : peace:

Some gamers generally get passionate about such things, which I can appreciate. It just makes me laugh when I see a 40 odd page topic about such things. It's like the whole 50hz VC thing. Again, something which I don't care about at all. Each to their own I guess.

You're in for a treat if you've never played this!

You were never going to get true widescreen in this. They would need to redraw all the backgrounds and they sure shit wouldn't do that just for a remaster.

I also have these magic options on my TV that allow me to change sharpening and brighten the image to help things out. Atleast its not blurry as fuck like the dolphin image.

Some gamers generally get passionate about such things, which I can appreciate. It just makes me laugh when I see a 40 odd page topic about such things. It's like the whole 50hz VC thing. Again, something which I don't care about at all. Each to their own I guess.

Yo the difference between 50 and 60hz is staggering though. :heh:

@Dcubed that post is like something off Neogaf.

I always find stuff like that hilarious. It's like when you get people complaining about so many FPS and if a game isn't 1080p. Me and the lads at work often have a good laugh at how picky people are on there, as we browse throughout the day.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about any of that guff. If it looks half decent and plays as it should then I'm there day one.

Half of it IS taken from Neogaf actually :laughing:

Nah, I just find it funny that there was so much outrage over it not coming to Wii U, when you can already play a version that is pretty much identical (and arguably better actually) on your Wii U anyway :indeed:

But if you've never played it before, then sure! Go for it, you'll probably enjoy it! :)

Just... for fucks sake, don't cry over it not coming to Wii U. You're not missing anything if you already have it on Cube/Wii.

Edited by Dcubed

No-one is crying about it not coming to the Wii U.

Not now, that we all have or going next gen! :D

I'm so excited about this. I love this game so much. And the start of next year is when I should be picking up either an xbone or ps4 so can't wait to play this. For the hundredth time! :laughing:

But it never gets old!!

For some old games, the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz is actually much bigger than 30fps and 60fps. Sonic the Hedgehog is one example. The original on the Mega Drive now feels like slow motion due to playing ports based on the NTSC version.