NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil REmake HD

This was just shown in Famitsu. It's a HD remaster of the Gamecube Resident Evil game, which is one of the best survival horror games ever made IMO.

53e0947087067bui23.jpg

Apparently it's coming out for PS3/4, 360/One and PC.

GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

UPDATE:

The original Resident Evil game is being remastered for release on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Capcom has announced.

Due for a digital launch in early 2015, the game updates the original with 1080p visuals (for PC and new-gen consoles) and 5.1 surround support.

You'll be able to choose between playing the game in its classic 4:3 ratio or in 16:9 widescreen, and have a choice of control styles.

The classic Resident Evil control schemes remains for purists, along with a more modern style for moving characters more easily - in the direction of the analogue stick.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Whoooooooah! Hype! :yay:

But... I must say that no Wii U version is a slap in the face here, especially as REmake originated on the Gamecube... :blank:

...not that I'll let that stop me buying this on PS4 though! :D

I wonder if we'll finally get a Resi 2 HD remake as well, surely it's a given?

Awww yeah! :D Any higher quality scans or more news on it yet?

This! I want to see 'dat door opening animation' in Ayccccche Deeeeee! ;)

I could never really deal with the controls in this game so I'm interested now that they've given new options.

the no WiiU bit is really annoying....we best get a virtual console version (soon)*

*actually soon and not nintendo soon

No Wii U version.

Man this console continues to suffer embarrassment.

Resi is my favorite game series, (or at least 1,2,3 and CV) but how many times can they re-make these?! I swear i played those 4 resi games on - Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii.....

No Wii U version.

Man this console continues to suffer embarrassment.

I remember saying the same thing over and over again in the N64 and Gamecube era...

As for this, hope it's good, but Capcom have gone massively downhill and are one of the worst offenders for bad ports and microtransactions/DLC etc lately. I don't want to see outfits and extra modes behind a paywall...

Also, they should do Resi 2, it's given so little love in terms of re-releases, compared to the others.

And do we really need a 360/PS3 version in early 2015??

This was just shown in Famitsu. It's a HD remaster of the Gamecube Resident Evil game, which is one of the best survival horror games ever made IMO.

53e0947087067bui23.jpg

Apparently it's coming out for PS3/4, 360/One and PC.

GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

UPDATE:

6mehVhA.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

HR6W

hd_gf_ss02_pop.jpg

hd_gf_ss01_pop.jpg

hd_gf_ss03_pop.jpg

@bryanee, that Prince gif fucking killed me. :bowdown:

I'm not sure where I stand on this. To me, the game looks great already and I'm not sure if I would pay full price for this. It could be one of the games that I will look into when it becomes cheaper.

However, if this led to remakes or HD versions of 2,3 and CV...then, IN.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!

I loved it on the Cube.

Happy you're getting a PS4? :p

I'm not sure where I stand on this. To me, the game looks great already and I'm not sure if I would pay full price for this. It could be one of the games that I will look into when it becomes cheaper.

I doubt it will be a full priced game, especially as it's digital only. I think Resident Evil 4 was around £15-18 on XBL/PSN when that got a HD makeover, so it will probably be around that.

I doubt it will be a full priced game, especially as it's digital only. I think Resident Evil 4 was around £15-18 on XBL/PSN when that got a HD makeover, so it will probably be around that.

O RLY?

In that case...

in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2640.gif

Can I aim in first person?

You know, like in Revelations?

If not, I don't care one bit. Retro Resi controls are always such a massive deal breaker for me.

(In fact, even if I can aim in First person, I still probably won't care. Revelations viewpoint is the only way I can cope with it.)

Can I aim in first person?

You know, like in Revelations?

If not, I don't care one bit. Retro Resi controls are always such a massive deal breaker for me.

(In fact, even if I can aim in First person, I still probably won't care. Revelations viewpoint is the only way I can cope with it.)

Did you read it?

You can use the "new" control method aswell as the standard old skool one.

Pretty excited about this although it reminds me I have to go back and finish revelations. There is a bit in a lift that I just cannot get past.

You wont be able to aim like in any fully 3D Resi game. They'd have to do a full on remake for that. They have included some nice sounding controls for people who cant grasp the pure sex that is tank controls. The screens are from last gen consoles by the way.

I still probably won't care. Revelations viewpoint is the only way I can cope with it.

There's Jill's campaign, you can still get that viewpoint, only in a tight police uniform now! (probably DLc for all sorts of costumes will come)

Another embarrassing day for Wii U. Just add that to the Assassins Creed leak of no Wii U version and James Pond Reboot is cancelled on Wii U. All we get is bad news. Why have Nintendo let Megaman be in Smash when Capcom slap us in the face like this? The same goes for Namco and Pacman.

Another embarrassing day for Wii U. Just add that to the Assassins Creed leak of no Wii U version and James Pond Reboot is cancelled on Wii U. All we get is bad news. Why have Nintendo let Megaman be in Smash when Capcom slap us in the face like this? The same goes for Namco and Pacman.

Yep no reason not to release it when a PS3 and 360 version is coming. You have to wonder what fuelled that decision which games sold poorly on Wii U? Also worth considering perhaps the Resident Evil games didn't sell so well on the original Wii?