NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Etrian Odyssey 2 Remake

"Ah, it's good I'm coming to the end of Etrian Odyssey Untold. Only III to complete and then I can finally play something else..."

(Sees this thread)

:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

Jesus! They're pumping these out faster than I can beat them! :o

and there's still Persona Q to come too...

Loved 4. Is this where I should go next?

Can't get enought of Atlus these past 6 months. Can't stop playing their games.

So the not so subtle hints were true then. :D

I'm also still pottering about with EO III as well so I might just forget it now, judging by the rate they have started pumping the remakes out. :o The trailer is one of the best I've seen for any game. What a series this has become.

You'll hear that many, many times... :heh:

In all seriousness, the Etrian Odyssey RPGs have some of the least grinding I've ever experienced when it comes to the main stories. The post-game, however, is a different matter...

I've completed EO II, even the post-game boss. The unique thing about this entry is that each class has a very specific special move, many of which you can combine with others to completely nullify damage. The one thing I never did, though, was fight Muckdile. It's a random encounter, and apparently very difficult, but I never saw him at all. With this remake, however, my obsessive side would have to defeat him for the StreetPass bragging. :heh:

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight has been confirmed for a boxed European release in early 2016.

Nintendo Life is very positive about this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/etrian_odyssey_2_untold_the_fafnir_knight

To be honest, I was in two minds about whether to get this game. I, II, III and IV were great but EO Untold: The Millennium Girl is, in my opinion, the worst of the bunch. The post-game boss is just too frustrating even on Normal difficulty (despite me beating it in the original). I came to the conclusion that you really need to farm the King Grimoires in order to beat it - something I was not prepared to do. Thus, I deleted my data and it's the only one of the five I didn't beat the post-game boss of.

But, I shouldn't forget how much fun it was for the vast majority of the game. This sequel also sounds really interesting in its own right. I'll continue to play the Etrian Odyssey games, but just be a bit more pragmatic about the "Untold" sub-series. They're good, but I'm not going to worry if I can't 100% them.

Sign in to follow this