NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Now

Just got my beta invite today. :yay:

Congrats! :D

You're going to love it Hero, though I wonder if they'll be able to swap the games out quick enough for you as I suspect you'll have the PS Now library beaten by the weekend. ;)

I jest of course. : peace:

Seriously though, it's a really robust service, I don't know how long the beta is due to last for but I tried it out a week or so ago and I was really impressed by it, I might turn on my PS4 later and see if I can make any more progress with Batman...

...or just pick something else instead, it'd be bad not to try out a decent amount of what's on offer after all. :)

Hmm also that's a point, I wonder if there are any good games with online multiplayer in the beta - assuming that works - could be fun to try out one evening.

Congrats! :D

You're going to love it Hero, though I wonder if they'll be able to swap the games out quick enough for you as I suspect you'll have the PS Now library beaten by the weekend. ;)

I jest of course. : peace:

I'm just hoping my connection is strong enough to run the thing!

I've had a look at the list of games ( not sure if it's up to date though ) and there's a few I wouldn't mind giving a go.

I tried last week but it ran the test and decided my connection wasnt good enough so it wont even let you attempt to launch a game. I was hoping to at least see how much lag there was on a 3meg connection.

Just got my beta invite today. :yay:

I registered a while back, hopefully I'll get an invite soon. Dobwe know when it officially launches?

I'm really glad that we finally managed to get BT Infinity in our area last year, it comes in handy for things like this, before that we wouldn't even get a tenth of the speed we have now even on a good day, some days it would even feel like we were back on 56k dial-up. :heh:

I think as fibre broadband becomes more standard, services like this will really take off but I do hope that for the final version that there will be ways to streamline things for all connections. : peace:

Tried this out last night and it worked perfectly. I don't even have Fibre so it's clearly not needed to have a good experience, just as long as you have a strong connection.

Sadly the list of games that's on offer at the moment isn't that great. Outside of Bioshock Infinite, i've either played them or have no interest in them.

Bump

Spotted this has come out of the public beta and to full release. They are offering a £12.99 monthly sub for unlimited access to all the current games on offer.

How many games are there and how are they planning to roll them out? At that price I'm sure most people won't bother keeping a subscription over an extended period of time, even if new games are added regularly.

Over 100 games currently via the subscription. It's pretty good value for money compared to individual games. Worth keeping an eye on.

I personally think it's too expensive and with other streaming services i'm contracted to I don't think it is worth the extra cash. That and I have too many games as it is anyway.

I think it's a decent price for a decent selection of games. What they could do to make it better is bring it down to an even £10 or £9.99 a month. I'd go for it at that price. Netflix is around that mark, as is Spotify and they're both the leading streaming services in their field.

The only thing that annoys me is that every game on the service isn't necessarily part of the subscription package. They should all be part of it. The good thing about the service is that it's a decent starting point and it'll only get better and improve from here on out. So, the catalogue should get better, the pricing system should be improved on, the streaming speeds should improve, so it should see a bright future.

Playstation Now should be around £7.99 for PS Plus members really and £9.99 for non-Plus members.

Add in a load of rare PS1 and PS2 games including loads of shmups along with some lesser-known RPG's or just cult-classics, then I will consider paying for it. :)

Playstation Now should be around £7.99 for PS Plus members really and £9.99 for non-Plus members.

Add in a load of rare PS1 and PS2 games including loads of shmups along with some lesser-known RPG's or just cult-classics, then I will consider paying for it. :)

Still shocking that PS1 and PS2 games aren't available on PS4 at all! Screw PS Now Sony, get those classics on there 'cause until you do, I am not even considering a PS4 purchase at all!

The one addition I'd like is a price tier for unlimited access to an individual title. £7 for 30 days isn't terrible but I'd enjoy an option to pay up to £15-20 once for the convenience of having access to Ico or Sly Racoon to enjoy in my own time.

I was off for a week (sigh back to work tomorrow) and did the free weeks trial thing, seemed fairly stable but there is a noticable input lag if you are playing anything as fast as Sonic and need to perform double taps of the x button or any pin point accurate moves. It is still a good way to play the majority of games though, played a little bit of Darksiders and Tokyo Jungle (everyone needs to play that!) and it seemed fine, especially if you are new to psn, lots of classic games already there or on their way. I did have both Darksiders and Sonic 4 lock up on me but my ISP was also acting up so might have been them.

Conversely, I am also in the xbox one preview program for their backwards compatibility games and that works better, especially for offline games, i think if Sony offered both they could be onto a real winner.

Rumors were going around last week that the service may be changing so that players can download the games they want to play. Kotaku have said they've also heard this from a source, with PS4 games being offered at first and the system being launch in Sept.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/06/19/source-playstation-now-will-offer-downloads-later-this-year

Looks like Game Pass and the efforts of Microsoft's backwards compatibility service may have forced Sony's hand here. Good stuff. Downloading the games is far more favourable than streaming them.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I expect I'll subscribe to PS Now finally if this turns out to be true.

It's certainly more appealing than streaming but I think it also depends on the selection of games and the price. I think Game Pass offers incredible value for money. I mean, £8 a month and you can have access to a crazy amount of games across multiple platforms, not to mentioning getting the latest Microsoft games at launch. It's going to be hard for Sony to top that kind of offer, especially if they are only dishing out older PS4 games.

Only reason i wasn't subbing to PlayStation Now was because it was streaming only, and i guess many others were not either.  If it does introduce downloads, then i'll look into it and possibly re-sub.

Still wish they'd put PSNow as part of PS+, seeing as next year the Vita and PS3 titles vanish.

Wish they could start including more countries. I don't know if I would have much use of it, but I'd sure love to find out or at least have the opportunity. Is there any legal or technical reason why is still only in certain countries?

Edited by Tales