NEurope
are1981

I am furious at Nintendo!

Wait...so the only reason you play Mario Kart is so you can hike up an imaginary number in the corner of your screen? That's tragic dude, let it go. Nobody is going to see or care about your race points so why don't you just imagine they're like 10,000 or something and keep playing the damn game?

Woah! That's just plain strange. Have you tried emailing Nintendo?

I wouldn't even know where to begin about this one...

Maybe it'll fix itself later on?

I would throw my Wii U in a fire if this happened to me. I've worked damn hard on my 1098 score.

I just do not know what to do now. I think I might just quit MK8.

Maybe now you can just play for fun instead of worrying about flunking a race and your score dropping big time.

...Seriously?

It's not even like you unlock anything for building VR up.

You're making this out to be way more of a thing than it is.

You can still play online, can't you?

VR to me really just shows how much someone plays online, not how skilled they are.

I'm currently top of the N-Europe league, yet I'm pretty sure over half of the other entrants have a way higher VR than I do.

VR points mean nothing.

I thought VR points are there so the game can match you with other racers with a similar VR score, kind of like match making people of a similar skill range. So they do have a purpose.

Or at least that's how it worked on MKWii.

You know what he is entitled to feel pissed off, I'm sure there are plenty of gamers out there (some on here) who back at the height of the 360 would have been gutted to have chunk of their gamerscore vanish over night.

Losing 2000 VR score sounds rather substantial...

...if you're worried about that kind of thing.

I'm not personally but I can understand how annoying/frustrating this could be so I hope that this situation sorts itself out but equally if it doesn't then life goes on I suppose. ::shrug:

Now I don't mean to trivialise the situation but I just don't have much else to say other than that, best of luck anyway. : peace:

Ya 2,000 points lost is definitely not nice, it takes a good chunk of time to earn that much. Try e-mailing them, I doubt they'll do anything over something so trivial though. I'd be annoyed as well but it's not the end of the world.

I am furious at Nintendo! My Mario Kart 8 race points has reset to 1000! Twenty-one hours ago I had 3003 points, but now the game acts as if I have never played the game before.

I just do not know what to do now. I think I might just quit MK8.

Forget about the points and take part in the league instead.

Come on, join us!

Wait...so the only reason you play Mario Kart is so you can hike up an imaginary number in the corner of your screen? That's tragic dude, let it go. Nobody is going to see or care about your race points so why don't you just imagine they're like 10,000 or something and keep playing the damn game?

But by that logic there's no point in catching 'em all. And we all know that you've gotta.

You know what he is entitled to feel pissed off, I'm sure there are plenty of gamers out there (some on here) who back at the height of the 360 would have been gutted to have chunk of their gamerscore vanish over night.

There are also plenty of people who would be gutted if you took away their hoard of used toilet paper.

But by that logic there's no point in catching 'em all. And we all know that you've gotta.

I meant to tell you, that phrase applies to a children's videogame franchise, not venereal disease.

Ps. I'll pretend not to be a dick for a moment and concede that the meta-game game introduced by high scores can be fun (it's the only reason for the hours spent on Geometry Wars and Pacman) when it's a way to mediate competition between friends. But it's superfluous in a game where you can actually directly compete. So why not take mastery of the game as your incentive rather than the meta-game which in Mario Kart's case serves no purpose?

I feel your pain, @are1981.

It's not really about "what" you have lost, but what it symbolises, I guess. You put tons of time into something, so losing that is the real kicker. It's not really all that different to losing a game save file. I had that happen to me on Melee and had to restart from scratch (which I did, because I fucking LOVED that game).

But yeah, it's an effort to get all that back.

Yes! This should be the official "Im pissed off at Nintendo" thread.... Channel that anger, bro.

darth-sidious-good-good-let-the-buthurt-flow-throu-ii8dva.jpeg

@are1981 Ar du Norske?

Edited by King_V

Wow. I remember when stuff like this would have bothered me...

Hope you can sort it or get it back fairly soon.