NEurope
Happenstance

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Was hoping for a bit more of a reveal but what was there certainly looked good. Seems they're not wanting to rush putting the game and story details out there too early which I'm fine with especially as they'll be aware of the expectations for the game even more so after how gamers reacted to the ending of 3.

Saw October being banded around as a rough time frame somewhere for when we'll get more of reveal of what's to come in the game. With the game coming next year, that's fine by me.

But, more Mass Effect is always a good thing and if they are going back to the styles of the first game and giving that sense of exploration but with the depth of character they brought in with the second one (and the refinements to the gameplay from 3) I think they'll be on to a winner.

I still can't believe this is the third year in a row all we've gotten was a behind the scenes tease without any actual gameplay, no doubt it'll be its fourth E3 next year. I'm happy they're taking their time with it and what we did see was amazing, I just think it was revealed a couple of years too soon.

I still can't believe this is the third year in a row all we've gotten was a behind the scenes tease without any actual gameplay, no doubt it'll be its fourth E3 next year. I'm happy they're taking their time with it and what we did see was amazing, I just think it was revealed a couple of years too soon.

I hope it's not at E3 next year, it's still scheduled for a March 2017 release as far as I'm aware..?

I hope it's not at E3 next year, it's still scheduled for a March 2017 release as far as I'm aware..?

It is but no way will it actually make that date IMO, I'm expecting a significant delay based on how we barely saw anything yesterday

Looks very Star Trek Voyager. Are they just going to pretend the original trilogy never happened?

No, definitely not a prequel, humans had never been to Andromeda in the ME universe. I guess it's set way after?

No, definitely not a prequel, humans had never been to Andromeda in the ME universe. I guess it's set way after?

It's possible that this ship is the "backup plan" that was mentioned in ME3, and the ship left our galaxy shortly before ME3 ended.

It's possible that this ship is the "backup plan" that was mentioned in ME3, and the ship left our galaxy shortly before ME3 ended.

That's what it is I think. They're looking for a new home because of the Reaper threat

IIRC this game is very much post-trilogy with galactic society recovered & taking the next step into the final frontier. Honestly I loved Mass Effect and thought I was done but every time I see it I feel the love pulling me back.

I wish there was a remaster for the original three...

Agreed! So many games that don't need this treatment and have had it, and this is one that could benefit so much from it. I can imagine the sheer scale of it though is too much of a risk.

Agreed! So many games that don't need this treatment and have had it, and this is one that could benefit so much from it. I can imagine the sheer scale of it though is too much of a risk.

I'd be fine with it just on higher settings. There just needs to be a way to get it for a good price with the DLC. And official controller support for PC.

IIRC this game is very much post-trilogy with galactic society recovered & taking the next step into the final frontier. Honestly I loved Mass Effect and thought I was done but every time I see it I feel the love pulling me back.

This so much. I even want them to include a multiplayer component like they had in ME3.

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS. I've been holding off playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 for two years now hoping for a remaster. I was just about to give in and play them on PC! Brilliant news, FINALLY.

I've not played a single Mass Effect game, so I would definitely welcome the ability to play them on PS4. :D

I'm guessing it'll be a long way off, though? If they're only just thinking about it now and these things take time to do.

Makes sense because it feels like Andromeda is way off itself. Release the remastered Summer 2017 when there's nothing to play during the summer drought, before MEA Christmas 2017 for example. I haven't played them either, so would be very up for them.

EA say Andromeda is on track for Q1 2017 but I just don't believe it. There's no way it'll make that date. A ME:Trilogy Remaster (FINALLY!) to soften the blow of another delay announcement might be a good way to do things.

I've not played a single Mass Effect game, so I would definitely welcome the ability to play them on PS4. :D

I'm guessing it'll be a long way off, though? If they're only just thinking about it now and these things take time to do.

Depends on how much of a cash-grab it is. ME1 at least needs a heap of work to remaster in an ideal fashion, loading times and combat clunkiness spring to mind, the latter of which would need real finesse.

But they might just scale up the visuals and framerate ::shrug: Anyway I imagine you're right because if nothing else, it's not even confirmed, just a possibility.

All they need to do for a great collection is spruce up graphics a bit and include the DLC.

I'd be happy just to have it all in one place with the DLC. I jumped from XBox to PS3 mid way, so never got to carry over my saves.

I'd be happy just to have it all in one place with the DLC. I jumped from XBox to PS3 mid way, so never got to carry over my saves.

Thats my problem. As you know I've tried a few times to to replay the entire trilogy on PC but the dlc part of bioware's store which never discounts it and the Mass Effect games are on EA's Origin. Plus I dont think you can even get the ME1 dlc anymore without using a few workarounds.