NEurope
Happenstance

Mass Effect: Andromeda

NOooooooooooooo he'll be a freaking tea boy for the Destiny staff! Story is not even on the teams radar, i've read better stories on the back of toy boxes

Well, that's not really fair, Destiny actually has a good story, it just hasn't been delivered properly through the game. And it wasn't the Destiny team that didn't want to give us a good story, but the producers who crushed it to get the game out the door.

Anyway, surely hiring a prestigious Bioware lead writer shows that they want to fix this issue.

Considering it's out this year, most of the writing is probably completed anyway.

I've gone back and watched the N7 Day video so many times. Mass Effect won't be the same without Jennifer Hale.

NOooooooooooooo he'll be a freaking tea boy for the Destiny staff! Story is not even on the teams radar, i've read better stories on the back of toy boxes
To me it shows strong intent for Destiny 2 to resolve that.

If i had to choose which one got the better story its mAss Effect over Destiny any day, As Cube said, at this point you'd have thought they would have the story fairly fleshed out for a sequel out early next year, this kind of concerns me that either; they are once again altering a story for the sequel mid development, they aren't as far along with D2 as you'd expect, or have potentially kept content back from Destiny for a sequel and hes in to tie it all together with a neat bow

I'm sure its a good thing by comparison to what we got with destiny (why do we have story elements hidden in cards only view able online) but i wonder if his script will make it through again (they made a shit ton of money despite exec meddling, why not do it again?) and what it means for the game of this thread Andromeda, will changes that a potentially detremental take place as a replacement at bioware puts their stamp on it?

It's disappointing, but I doubt it'll have as detrimental an impact as Drew Karpyshyn leaving at the end of Mass Effect 2 had.

It may not impact Andromeda but I'd always assumed this was going to be a new trilogy, doesn't sound good news for the (presumed) sequel

It occurs to me that this guy didn't even write the original trilogy, so it's not that big a deal.

His writing credits are... Halo 4. And that's it.

The lead writer for the original trilogy left during Mass Effect 2 to work on The Old Republic. Then he quit for a few years, and now he's back working for The Old Republic.

Unsurprisingly, been delayed until Q1 2017.

Delayed, like every other big game these days it seems.

Unsurprisingly, been delayed until Q1 2017.

Delayed, like every other big game these days it seems.

To be fair, EA said this in January.

“In Q1, we’ll begin with the creative and innovative Mirror’s Edge Catalyst from DICE launching in May. A great line-up of EA Sports titles are in development for the year and we look forward to sharing more about these new experiences in the months ahead. An all-new Battlefield game from DICE will arrive in time for the holidays, we’re excited to have a new Titanfall experience coming from our friends at Respawn – and of course, Mass Effect Andromeda from the team at BioWare will launch later in the fiscal year.”

Fiscal year ends next March/April.

In the same thread where I got this from ( sales thread ) I also said it would be a 2017 game. Nothing substantial has been seen of the game yet.

Fair enough. I don't think the delay is a surprise to anyone, as you say we've not really seen anything apart from a CG trailer. Let them take all the time they need... I still need to play 1 and 2 !

A trilogy HD/Remaster/Collection would be most welcome. I want to play all three of these before I give the new one a try when it eventually does come out.

^ Pretty sure they've said that's never going to happen, although it's a huge shame because it's one series that could really benefit from it. They might change their mind to drum up hype for Andromeda but they're massive games so remastering them in any way would be a huge undertaking. You'd be better off picking up a 360 on the cheap. Heck, I'd lend you my spare and all 3 games if you were nearby :p

If all the trilogy became available on the backwards compatibility of Xbone, it might be a good reason for me to eventually get one of those.

I'd love to re-buy the games on PC with all the DLC included for a decent price.

I'd love to re-buy the games on PC with all the DLC included for a decent price.

I'd be happy if they just put the DLC on sale once in a while. Problem is that you have to buy them on Origin with bioware points and its just a bit of a mess. This is why I would just prefer to buy the whole trilogy again.

Oh, and official controller support. It's crazy that you need a mod for it.

Yeah that would be nice I guess. I kind of just got used to controlling it with the mouse and keyboard after a while.

Oh, and official controller support. It's crazy that you need a mod for it.

Does the mod work ok for all three games? With EA saying they're not going to release a remaster I'm tempted to give up waiting and just play the trilogy on PC. Would hate to use mouse and keyboard though.

Thanks very much! And looks like they work with Dual Shock 4s too :) If a remaster doesn't get announced at E3 I'll just play them on PC

There's no way this game is coming out in Q1 next year. I'd be surprised if it's even out next year at all. Such a disappointing lack of content.