NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Hyper Japan

Been mentioned before but it blatantly needs it's own thread-

Nintendo are going to have a big presence at Hyper Japan at Earl's Court this year. Not only will Smash Bros 3DS be available to play (fingers crossed for download play!) but there will be plenty on the Wii U as well:

10553524_667119926696078_1248039141513718596_n.png

I'll definitely be there but likely to be quite busy. StreetPass groups are going to be there in droves so it'll be a good chance to meet people local to you. Ask away, they're all friendly!

I would have gone, but my cousins wedding is that weekend. I look forward to checking out your impressions though.

Thinking of going, but if I do I won't be playing anything Nintendo/Platinum Games related.

I mean, I'm guaranteed to be buying all of those games anyway. Why let my first impression of them be at an event like this when I can have the ideal first experience with them at home?

If I go, I'll be looking at everything else instead... Still would be happy to see you guys there though! : peace:

I'm going on the Sunday, can't wait. Wish splatoon was there!

If Splatoon was there i'd be tempted to go down London myself.

Word of advice for people going: Order tickets online and still get there early.

The Earl's Court staff are shockingly bad at events, so unless Hyper Japan have a good set of trained staff and bring their own barriers, it may be a complete mess trying to get in.

I went to an event last week (LFCC, probably one of the biggest conventions...especially this year due to Stan Lee) and both the Earl's Court staff and the event staff had no idea what was going on.

I probably won't be anywhere near as bad, but it's better preparing for the worst.

I'll be there on Friday. The plan is to blast through whatever Nintendo is offering and then eat myself to death on Okonomiyaki.

I'll be there on Friday. The plan is to blast through whatever Nintendo is offering and then eat myself to death on Okonomiyaki.

Oh god, I'm going to stuff myself completely on the food. There better be a decent Japanese bakery present.

Oh god, I'm going to stuff myself completely on the food. There better be a decent Japanese bakery present.

I've been a few times before and they usually have a good selection. Honestly man, the games and stalls are alright, but the food is definitely where it's at.

Double posting like a rebel, but I'd urge anyone going to check out SIRO-A if they're on stage during your timeslot.

Fantastic act. Saw them at a similar show last year and was absolutely blown away.

So apparently Tomodachi Life will be sold half price at the event and Smash Bros Wii U will only be playable to people who win 3DS/2DS tournaments.

Pretty frustrating development. I'm keen on trying out the 3DS game, but was really hoping to take the Wii U version for a spin. With my poor gameplay skills and lack of interest in tournaments, it isn't likely I'm gonna have a chance.

Edited by Guy

Sign in to follow this