NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Doom (May 13th)

So I completed the campaign for the first time last night (I was taking my time with it), and I think it's an absolutely amazing game!

The campaign is easily the best I've played in a first-person shooter in the past decade! The level design is absolutely brilliant, the action is intense and the weapons (plus their mods) are so much fun to use. I think they absolutely nailed the difficulty of the combat too, it felt like the right level of challenging (I was on 'Hurt Me Plenty'), and when I died I felt like it was genuinely down to my skill level. Oh, and the soundtrack is magnificent it completely suits the vibe of the game, I really hope it officially gets released. I'm definitely going to be doing another few runs of this whenever I get the chance to, as I need to try and track down all the secret areas.

I had some friends round last night , and we all took it in turns to attempt to complete the first level on Ultra Nightmare. Bloody hell, it's difficult! I don't think we even got half way through, and we died countless times. It really has a very Dark Souls vibe to it, especially as it shows the locations where you, and other players have died. I thought that was a neat little touch.

But yeah, once again, I cannot recommend this game enough! For those of you that were disappointed with the multiplayer beta, this is still worth it. The campaign feels entirely different and totally like a modern revival of the Doom franchise. I honestly can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a game...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Seems like Doom has been criminally ignored round these parts.

I'm on my way to Platinum though. Just need to do some multiplayer and snapmap. I nearly did A Toe Into Madness legit on my first try. I was about halfway through and was cheaply killed. After that I couldn't even do the first battle so I gave up for a week.

Today though was having some issues in the first battle and then I just magically breezed through it and only got hit once and didn't lose health even. Annnnd then I followed a video guide and waltzed through the map as if noclip was on. I don't even care.

Game was an absolute blast though and a damn fine restart to the series. Hopefully we'll get a Doom 2 in a few years

Platinum get. Took forever until I won a multiplayer match. And I don't care for their team making, put all the high levels on one team, not cool doom.