NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Tekken 7

My copy just arrived with the fight stick. 500mb update to download though which at current PSN speeds will apparently take over 1hr 30. Just ridiculous.

My copy just arrived with the fight stick. 500mb update to download though which at current PSN speeds will apparently take over 1hr 30. Just ridiculous.

My PSN speeds were terrible yesterday, as well.

Shopto have really been dropping the ball lately. My order for Tekken 7 didn't ship until yesterday and Injustice 2 didn't arrive until the Friday. I wonder if they've stopped shipping all their games early? If so then I have zero reason to use them anymore.

My PSN speeds were terrible yesterday, as well.

Shopto have really been dropping the ball lately. My order for Tekken 7 didn't ship until yesterday and Injustice 2 didn't arrive until the Friday. I wonder if they've stopped shipping all their games early? If so then I have zero reason to use them anymore.

I stopped using ShopTo ages ago since they aren't the quickest to ship anymore and their prices aren't that competitive. I think SimplyGames are the best at the moment.

I stopped using ShopTo ages ago since they aren't the quickest to ship anymore and their prices aren't that competitive. I think SimplyGames are the best at the moment.

I'm wary of using Simply Games after they sent me a copy of Horizon with the little yellow dot on it, much like what GameCollection do from time to time. This means it's a UAE copy of the game and many places won't accept it as a trade in.

I still just alternate between Simply Games and The Game Collection depending on who has it cheaper. Simply Games have messed me about more on shipping though, marking items as despatched and then nobody receiving the games for days.

Been playing this and its quite nice.

Decent amount of content. Though some stages for example seem basic others much more complex than before in the series. Would have been great to have more fully new stages rather than retreads.

Love the music additions(all previous games too). Good customisation and outfits without dlc.

Nearly all the roster is here. Some missing like Anna etc.

Visuals are flat out dated sadly but its fun. Poor optimisation as well. Why is it 1080p with jaggies on a Pro? The character modelling is below many open world games.

All in all its pretty good. Online is currently horrible though, have not won a single match... seems like the ultra hardcore are prowling online. Getting into matches takes ages. The netcode feels good on the other hand.

Just finished the story mode. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. It just all felt a bit pointless. I know I've been spoilt by NetherRealms fighting games but there was very little point to anything happening in this. Not one I would ever bother replaying.

Thankfully of course that doesn't mean I wont still be able to get a lot out of the game...

The online is a mess at the moment. Players can't seem to connect to each other, especially when trying to play ranked matches. Error messages pop up as soon as you try joining people. The load times are pretty poor, as well. Not a good start at all.

Just finished the story mode. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. It just all felt a bit pointless. I know I've been spoilt by NetherRealms fighting games but there was very little point to anything happening in this. Not one I would ever bother replaying.

Thankfully of course that doesn't mean I wont still be able to get a lot out of the game...

I finished the story this morning and I feel the same way. It was very disappointing, very cheap at times and just really bizarre. What was the deal where you had to shoot enemies? Fighting waves of enemies got really old pretty quickly. Some of the fights were really cheap and annoying. The story was just garbage, as are the epilogues you can get for each character.

The online side of things is still knackered today. You can't get a ranked match setup at all. Namco are aware of it but I doubt they will get a fix out over the weekend.

Injustice 2 is a FAR better game. Better story, better features, online works, better visuals...just better eveything. This once again shows just how far the Western development studios have come. You have both SFV and this that have both been outdone by NetherRealms offering.

I need one more trophy for the platinum ( gotta win a ranked match but can't actually play one! ) and then I think I'll trade this in. Very disappointed.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The core game is great. Shame about the crap story. Too much dialogue. All pointless.

Had a great time today beat several people online, no losses. :p

Injustice 2 is a FAR better game. Better story, better features, online works, better visuals...just better eveything. This once again shows just how far the Western development studios have come. You have both SFV and this that have both been outdone by NetherRealms offering.

Minus the actual fighting though. :p

Will be getting Injustice too

I've seen some of the character epilogues online and... I'm so disappointed. Besides the fact that Tekken FMVs have always looked gorgeous (and this time they're going with in-game engine), the endings simply don't have any substance to them. They're also pretty nonsensical, in a bad way (Paul's ending is him winning his first match in the tournament! I don't mind the silly comedy, but that's clearly a mid-game cutscene, not an "ending")

Honestly, it just feels like they ran out of time when making the cutscenes, and settled for endings that form a "Part 1" of sorts, so maybe they'll add the rest as DLC somewhere down the line.

Better story, better features, online works, better visuals...just better eveything.

Choze already beat me to the punch, but I do find it amusing that you didn't mention gameplay at all :heh: Though once again, if the online is sub-par, that's another disappointment, as Tekken has always delivered well in that front.

Choze already beat me to the punch, but I do find it amusing that you didn't mention gameplay at all :heh: Though once again, if the online is sub-par, that's another disappointment, as Tekken has always delivered well in that front.

The fact that I said better everything should have covered it but here you go. Gameplay is better in Injustice 2. You guys happy now?

I've spent a hell of a lot more time on Injustice 2 than I have Tekken 7. Outside of trying to get my final trophy ( ranked matches are still broken on PS4 ) I haven't touched the game since Saturday morning. I played Injustice 2 the best part of Sunday afternoon, with a mixture of both off and online play.

Tried playing ranked matches again last night. Nope. Still broken. :( I kinda regret telling my mate to avoid the game. I could have traded mine in by now and then nicked his copy once the game was fixed. :D

Its actually not quite broken technically. It is broken by design.

Its slow to update the list and most of the time someone else will have beaten you to sending an invite to a player.

Essentially try not to use the player search for now and let others find you instead. There is a huge surplus of players using the list search.

Hope that helps!

Its actually not quite broken technically. It is broken by design.

Its slow to update the list and most of the time someone else will have beaten you to sending an invite to a player.

Essentially try not to use the player search for now and let others find you instead. There is a huge surplus of players using the list search.

Hope that helps!

Nah, it really was broken on the PS4. You could try a wait for players to join you ( rather than searching yourself ) and you'd still get the error message. They finally released an update today to fix the mess. Got my final trophy and shelved the thing. It's no coincidence that the platinum percentage had a big spike now that it works. Goes to show just how many couldn't get connected to a ranked match.

Excellent!! I really enjoyed Tekken 7. The story was absolutely all over the place but the actual core fighting was great. 

Sign in to follow this