NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 32: A Universe full of life

Top League: Week 6 Reports

Lack of instinct?

Fernando%20Torres%20miss%20v%20Man%20United.jpg

It could be said that Yellow Submarine threw away the league this week. After two draws in games they would have been expected to win they are one point behind league leaders Eights United instead of being three points ahead. Their first game was home against DuDs Baggies and to be fair was a hard game for them. An injury to defender was then compounded by a straight red to Lennon. Lennon a league legend slid in hard on a 50/50 challenge after being pulled back previously. It was a ridiculous challenge and one that may cost his team the title. After all of this the captain Delpiano was subbed off with an injury and it finished 0-0 in a matchup that surely Submarine would have wanted to win. Again playing 4-4-2 Submarine played away this time against Coloccini. Again Submarine would expect to win this game but they would also expect a fight. Falcao was hard to play up front and gave a good assist to Nispeanu who opened the scoring early. After the break Coloccini scored when Aaslicher lost his marker, Baryla came on for Submarine and set up Viana to make it 2-1 and then Falcao again made the aerial threat clear for the away team as Kirkby made it 3-1. Just to pause here, it is 3-1 to Yellow Submarine against Coloccini with 7 minutes to go. However on the 85th minute Madeley slammed one in and then Aaslicher curled in a beauty. Yellow Submarine now have Eights United semi recovered and Inter on their wing, was this the week they threw the league away?

Away heroes

Borussia-Dortmund-v-Arsenal-UEFA-Champions-League.jpg

Sometimes sides sneak up the league without really making a fuss, these are the most dangerous teams. Inter are proving to be this side. At the start of the week they had a very tricky game against Lylat, they chose to go 4-5-1 and it paid off. With 9 chances to 1 their dominance of midfield was clear for all to see. However Lylat were hard to break down, it was left to a Grey direct free kick and a Palpatine (their goalie!) penalty to bring the two goals. The second away game seemed harder but was easier for Inter. Playing against DuD they set up with 4-4-2 and again had 7 chances to 1. With that sort of ratio they must win, Ramos scored then again a Palpatine penalty and Grey freekick. To get 16 chances to 2 away must show amazing tactics from Inter, are we seeing a rebirth of Inter this season? With Submarine and Eights failing to deliver result this league is now anyones to win, could Inter make it three in a row? Hope you had a good wedding buddy ;)

Lylat Wanderers 2-1 Eights United

Southampton-v-Manchester-City--Premier-League.jpg

This was an interesting game it was the sort of game you thought might result in a shock and it did. Lylat almost in an arrogant way lined up with 4-4-2 against Eights who out of necessity retreated into 4-5-1. Straight away Dowell looked boisterous and hit in a first goal at 12 minutes, however of course Beck hit back with a header at 36 minutes. Beck the captain has been so influential for Eights especially in hard games like this and it was telling that when he had to be subbed off with an injury in the 75th minute Dowell hit in another goal two minute later. This was a brilliant season defining win for Lylat, will it be a season defining loss for Eights?

Winston Lions 1-2 Rossers Rovers

hull-away-30061-1598592.jpg

So we have talked about Eights, Yellow Submarine and Inter who else is left for a title threat oh yeah remember Winston? Well they would only be 2 points behind the league leaders now if they would have beaten the bottom side Rossers Rovers but they can't seem to buy a win as of late. Setting up with 4-5-1 against a gutsy 3-5-2 from Rovers, Winston looked like a side who lacked passion. Well J-M Josema does not lack passion and hit in a goal at 31 minutes. Fedosov hit in his first after the break and Winston while having more possession could only manage a tame fightback with a Benmouih header on 77 minutes. This was a really poor result for Winston whose title hopes are now in tatters while Rovers will revel their wins on their way to the Middle League.

Team of the Week: Intergalactigo Stars: brilliant away wins this week while other teams faded away, could this be the dream year for this manager?

Goals: Eights: Granas 8, Inter: Kirk 6, Scabos 5, Eights: Wilder 5

Nothing changes as Granas stays on top.

X11: Eights: Granas 9, Inter: Ramos 8 Eights: Hapnes, Clevan 7, Yellow: Falcao 7

Ramos comes back into form just in time as Inter surge up the league with two wins.

We can see why Eights are top with 3 players having over 7 X11 apperances.

Assists: DuD: Izon 5, Dhall 4, Lylat: Pilgrim 4

Pilgrim joins the DuD duo to make it 4 assists and prove he is one of the leagues best midfielders.

Let us Fight

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an admin. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or ban anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Xbox, Ps4, Wii u owner. We all want to help one another. Playground readers are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this thread there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. Xpert 11 can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Routine has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with boredom, has zombified us into misery and absence. We have developed tactics, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We log in too much and play too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, this forum will be violent and all will be lost....

The playgorund and the Mafia have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my post is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of potential managers, men, women, and little children - victims of free to play games that makes men torture and imprison innocent mangers

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The lack of community that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of the Playgrounds progress. The hate of men will pass, and trolls will die, and the teams they took from the creative people will return to the managers. And so long as trolls die, strategy will never perish. .....

Managers! don’t give yourselves to 4-4-2 - French managers who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like students, despise you. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine mangers with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are managers! You have the love of the game in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and those who play 4-4-2! Players! Don’t fight for Managers! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create teams. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of Xpert - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give creative men a chance to manage a team in a league like ours - that will give youth players a future and old veterans a security. By the promise of these things, bad games have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Other games free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free this forum - to do away with genre barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of Xpert, a world where tactics and youth will lead to all managershappiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

If you value this game pass it on to a friend: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

Finally a good result at home. But my players can't get a rest, 5th red card this season and I don't know how many injuries.

1 more win will see me promoted, is it best to win the league or should i be playing my youngsters for the last few games knowing im going up anyway?

I'd say if promotion is secured, development is more important. You still don't want to be losing games that you should win because that will drop your form and affect development but you do want to be pushing youths or whoever is low on DV. It also depends on whether you care about coming first rather than second or third :p

Winning the league will only really give you a bit of extra cash and a trophy which is nice for you but doesn't really help the team all that much.

Can't buy a win at the moment, had good tactics but not enough need to get some points from somewhere!

Promoted! Title decider next vs Recall!

Best of luck my friend, i'm aiming for promotion.

Anyone got any ideas for new teams? Wasn't flameboy interested at some point? I think Charlie is leaving this season but @bob and Blue Rogue are coming back

Can't buy a win at the moment, had good tactics but not enough need to get some points from somewhere!

It's okay, you're playing the samaritans next match! :P

Hey does anyone know when the next season will start?

Hey does anyone know when the next season will start?

The current season ends on the 14th of September. We'll be doing a cup again if people are up for it so we'll have 2-3 weeks before the new season starts. Hopefully we'll be able to recruit some more managers in that time or we'll be shrinking again.

Perfect. I'm away until the end of Sept, so that's great. I can start afresh in the lower league (I'm assuming, I've not checked)

Spotlight

The spotlight this round was on the Middle League and the match of AC Elites vs The Roger Federer Crew. Players were to predict the result and the time for any goal to be scored. The result was 1-0 to Federer with a goal scored in the 29th minute. No one predicted a Federer win so it comes down to the times and Haden was closest with his guess of a goal in the 33rd minute.

Scores:

Hadens Legends: 4

Recall United: 2

Russian Revolution: 2

The Familia FC: 1

The next spotlight is on next Tuesday's matches and we're focussing on the lower league match of Recall United vs Lords of Hydra. Please predict the result and which team will be first to score.

Alliances

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 20

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 19

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 18

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 18

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 17

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 17

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 16

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 15

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 13

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 12

Announcement

Next season I will be introducing a new side game, BetPeeps! Each of you will get PeepsPoints to place on certain bets (for example: bet a team will concede less than 10 goals in the season). There will be odds for each team for each bet (where applicable) and the person with the most points at the end of the season will win VIP (this is a separate prize from the lottery VIP).

Edited by The Peeps

A victory with a youth keeper at goal, it is possible :p

But despite the victory I can't say I'm very pleased. YS winning against Inter means I must win away in the title match this Tuesday. Not giving myself the greatest of chances ::shrug: YS has a slightly more difficult last three matches though, but I shouldn't count on that.

A victory with a youth keeper at goal, it is possible :p

But despite the victory I can't say I'm very pleased. YS winning against Inter means I must win away in the title match this Tuesday. Not giving myself the greatest of chances ::shrug: YS has a slightly more difficult last three matches though, but I shouldn't count on that.

It will be a close one for sure. Looking back at some of my previous results, I should really be ahead of you on points at this stage. I need to go for the win on Tuesday, I don't think a draw will be enough for me to overtake you looking at the remaining fixtures.

I was very pleased with my away win at Inter yesterday. Needed a win to stay in contention and besides, I have a rubbish record against him so a win is always nice.

I would just like to take a moment to apologize to the Winston fans (of which there are surely many on here). I cannot quite believe the opportunity to win the league that has presented itself this season with Eights apparently slipping up! And perfectly coinciding with Winston entering their golden generation.

Yet for this season and the next, I will not be present owing to poorly timed travels and I see that under Roger's tutorage (in fairness, I rather placed the role upon him, despite being a busy man!) they are labouring in the relegation zone.

In any case mark my words - The future of Winston is positive. Winston will be back.

I would just like to take a moment to apologize to the Winston fans (of which there are surely many on here). I cannot quite believe the opportunity to win the league that has presented itself this season with Eights apparently slipping up! And perfectly coinciding with Winston entering their golden generation.

Yet for this season and the next, I will not be present owing to poorly timed travels and I see that under Roger's tutorage (in fairness, I rather placed the role upon him, despite being a busy man!) they are labouring in the relegation zone.

In any case mark my words - The future of Winston is positive. Winston will be back.

Where you off to?

I have no life and would have won it for you! #jussayinbruv

Top League: Week 7 Reports

Eights United vs Yellow Submarine

Manchester+City+v.+Manchester+United.jpg

It is an old rivalry and one that has been renewed this season and after this week one that may go down to the wire. Only 1 point separates these sides as Eights United are just ahead of Yellow Submarine. Both teams knew they had to deliver the goods and that is what they did. It started with Eights 7-3 thrashing of Baggies, both teams played 3-5-2 in a brilliant game but it was United with 14 chances to 3 that deserved to win this goal. Wilder was fantastic with a hat-trick but Isfjord was sublime with 3 assists and a goal. The only negative was yet again United had a player who got injured or sent off, this time it was the captain Granas who will be suspended for the crucial game against Yellow Submarine. He also missed an away tie against Coloccini, however Beck held the captaincy and with 2 assists and a goal he helped United win this game before half time. They won in the end 4-0 which really put the pressure onto Yellow Submarine. However they responded well and it was their captain Delipiano who stepped up to help them win their first game. With 3 2nd half goals Delipiano gave Submarine a 3-0 victory against a determined Rovers team. Delipiano was at the heart of a brilliant away victory against Inter this Friday. After an early penalty miss for Submarine you thought Inter might get back into the game, but Delipiano set up Falcao to make it 1-0. Submarine dominated chances and made it 2-0 with 15 minutes left. This was a huge win for Submarine and one that will fill them full of confidence against Eights next week. The last time these two sides met in the league at Yellow Submarines ground the home side won 3-1. With Granas suspended it will be hard for United. However with 36 goals United are a dangerous side to play against, a draw will not be enough for Submarine and you feel they have to win this game to win the title.

Legends at drawing

Swansea-City-v-Liverpool--Premier-League.png

Hadens Legends have the same amount of losses as Yellow Submarine but are 8 points behind them, this is because they have 7 draws, the same amount as their wins and losses combined. Two of the draws came from this week as they drew 1-1 with Wanderers and 0-0 with Baggies. In the Wanderers game they played an adopted 4-4-2 formation with Conden pairing up front with Castanheira, however Wanderers playing 5-4-1 made life hard for the home side limiting them to 2 chances. It was in fact Wanderers who hit on the break first as the lone striker Gray scored. Burlett soon hit back for the Legends but the home crowd were frustrated as they could not find the goal again. Against Baggies the Legends dominated chances 4-0 but were unable to put any away with Ciobotaru and Castanheira missing chances presented to them. The two senior strikers have scored 7 goals which is not a great total and the rest of the team has contributed only 6. This has left the Legends with 13 goals the 2nd worst offensive total in the league, however their defence is the best in the league with only 11 goals conceded. However Legends need at least one if not two wins to give themselves a good chance at staying up and with their last three games against Yellow Submarine, Inter and Eights United they may rue chances that have been missed.

Winston fading fast

Tottenham-Hotspur-FC-v-SL-Benfica-UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-16.jpg

Another side who have had a bad week are Winston Garden Lions, it wasn't so long ago that they were seen as title contenders now they have gone 7 games without a win and faded away towards the relegation zone. Their week started badly with a thumping 4-1 defeat at the hands of Silverdale, playing 4-5-1 Winston looked to try and hit on the counter and keep chances limited, this worked in the first half with the score ending 1-1 but Salmon stepped up a gear in the 2nd with Romero heading in two and Jeffers scoring to give the home team the victory. Winston looked deflated and things got worse when they played Lylat. Again opting for a 4-5-1 formation they clawed back an unfortunate own goal and created 6 chances but were unable to convert them. Instead Lylat via a Tennant breakaway landed a killer blow with 4 minutes left. Their team is obviously very talented but also suffering from low morale and bad form, combined with negative tactics Winston are in a lot of trouble. Their next game is against DuDs Baggies and is surely a must win match.

Silverdale on the rise

Roberto-Martinez-celebrates-winning-the-FA-Cup.jpg

With all of these teams crashing towards the relegation zone who is taking advantage it seemed Silverdale although this week may not be considered a total success. As mentioned they beat Winston Gardens 4-1 but were held to a 1-1 draw against relegated Rossers Rovers. The Silverdale manager was fuming with this result as just after half time Orellana headed in a corner only to be adjudged offside in a very close call. Romero scored his 4th goal of the season via a breakaway but deep in injury time Hitapot who had only come on in the 85th minute hit the ball in the box for Josema to thump home. Silverdale however are playing well and are now 6 games unbeaten, however they could have been 4 points ahead of the relegation zone instead of 2 if they would have beaten Rossers Rovers. Will this come back to haunt them?

Team of the week: Yellow Submarine

tumblr_muk9wknlD51r9jzs2o1_1280.jpg

While Eights United scored 11 goals this week, Yellow Submarine passed a huge test beating Inter 2-0 away to keep the pressure on Eights, a great week for a team that has lacked a winning spirit in these big games in recent seasons.

Goals: Eights: Wilder 10, Granas 9, Inter: Kirk 7, Scabos 6

Wilder storms up the table after a fantastic week as Eights main striker, he now has 10 goals and will be looking for more in the final four games.

X11: Eights: Granas 10, Inter: Ramos 9 Eights: Clevan 9, Yellow: Falcao 9

Granas stays on top as the best overall player this season but he is serving a suspension so will he be overtaken next week?

Assists: Eights: Isfjord 6, DuD: Izon 5,

After 11 goals this week it is no surprise an Eights name now tops this chart, it is young up and comer Isfjord who leads with 6 assists.

Huge win for us strikers answered the call, we may be able to guarantee safety and have a big impact on the title race if we beat Yellow Submarine.

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

@Charlie, I've just noticed you haven't logged in to xpert since the first of August, hopefully you'll still be with us next season?

@Charlie, I've just noticed you haven't logged in to xpert since the first of August, hopefully you'll still be with us next season?

He messaged me to say he has gone from the forums and xpert.

We need a man utd style overhaul for recruits next season lol!

Ouch, we are losing them by the dozen load. Hopefully we can get more recruits, wouldn't like to see Xpert leave.

No-one has ever threatened Xpert like these summer vacations and the Mafia.

Managers Xpert needs your help.

There is no shame in going out and asking a friend to play the game and them refusing.

But there is no honour in not asking at all.

Get up! Stand up and PM! PM! PM! PM!

Recruitment Lottery

great_gatsby.jpg

In an attempt to gain some new recruits anyone that brings a new manager for next season will be entered into a lottery I will run to win a VIP. Bring in two new managers and you get two picks.

Here is the invite link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

Godspeed!

Hope you had a good wedding buddy ;)

Cheers Daniel-son, t'was awesome! :)

...so this is what you were doing instead of coming to the wedding!? :rolleyes:

Just kidding, shame you couldn't make it though, would have been good to see you and catch up...it's been like 5 and a half years now! :( The others say they miss you and your classic ways btw and wanna see you, they're worried you've become hermitized!?

I hear on the grapevine you're engaged yourself now, is that true? If so congrats...just shows how out of touch we are.

Fancy getting the old gang back together for a meet up at some point, say in like a month's time to give us plenty of time to get it organised?

It'll be like:-

Just looked at the league and I was about to say with 3 games left I reckon you'd be safe but then saw your last 3 fixtures; Yellow Subs, me and Eights and now I'm not so sure! Looks like you need a favour, DX style! :p