NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 32: A Universe full of life

I'm being stupid but why can I only pick Serbia?

I've accepted you so I'm guessing you've worked it out now. I will post up a quick guide for you tomorrow :)

I hear on the grapevine you're engaged yourself now, is that true? If so congrats...just shows how out of touch we are.

Fancy getting the old gang back together for a meet up at some point, say in like a month's time to give us plenty of time to get it organised?

It'll be like:-

Just looked at the league and I was about to say with 3 games left I reckon you'd be safe but then saw your last 3 fixtures; Yellow Subs, me and Eights and now I'm not so sure! Looks like you need a favour, DX style! :p

Yes engaged! Good times lol and I keep trying to arrange stuff with Lucas on Steam.

I do need a big favour you have to take out Winston on the last day I am nervous about the last games for sure! Away to you and Eights could not be worse but we will see what happens if I scrape a point it may be enough. Also need @MilaGi to be at the top of his game (don't play youth :P )

Great to see you on board Animal we may have another recruit on the way I will have to reward these VIP picks to myself :heh:

Yes engaged! Good times lol and I keep trying to arrange stuff with Lucas on Steam.

I do need a big favour you have to take out Winston on the last day I am nervous about the last games for sure! Away to you and Eights could not be worse but we will see what happens if I scrape a point it may be enough. Also need @MilaGi to be at the top of his game (don't play youth :P ):

Congrats! When's the wedding?

I was thinking something more along the lines of New Age Outlaws Vs LOD Vs DOA on Raw 6/8/98...I would youtube link it but there seems to be no video evidence of it which I'm surprised about as it was hilarious! The moment when Billy Gunn was tagged in to fight against Road Dogg! :bowdown:

Where you off to?

I have no life and would have won it for you! #jussayinbruv

I'm currently in indonesia, on to hong kong, china, japan, vietnam and then home at christmas! Doing some extensive scouting for Winston given the gaping lack of youth!

That may well be true - the gardeners have been calling out for your return recently. If you're not in elite league next season (and i somehow still am) would you like the keys to the Gardens for next season? The Fans would be ecstatic.

Woo, promotion secured to the middle league. Lowest i can finish is 2nd with 2 games to go.

YESSS!!!!

jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-goal-against-liverpool-a.gif?w=1000

Survival ensured!

Fancy a reserve match @Nikos9 ;)

Of course I will be playing my strongest side against Eights United can't believe Peeps could take the championship at the death!

Congrats Jimbob!

I'd need Yellow Sub and Eights to both lose at least one of the two remaining matches. I think Yellow Sub will take it this season :p but it's nice (and crazy) to be in the running!

YESSS!!!!

jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-goal-against-liverpool-a.gif?w=1000

Survival ensured!

Fancy a reserve match @Nikos9 ;)

Of course I will be playing my strongest side against Eights United can't believe Peeps could take the championship at the death!

Congrats Jimbob!

God damn it Haden, you were supposed to play youth to maximise development.

Thankfully, Eights drew today. Can't afford any more slip-ups.

God damn it Haden, you were supposed to play youth to maximise development.

Thankfully, Eights drew today. Can't afford any more slip-ups.

gerrard-trophy.gif

Spotlight

The spotlight this round was on the Lower League and the match of Recall United vs Lords of Hydra. Players were to predict the result and which team would score first. Russian Revolution were the only team to take part this time and while they got the score wrong by guessing a draw (it was 2-1 to Recall), they still managed to guess that Hydra would score first to get a point.

Scores:

Hadens Legends: 4

Russian Revolution: 3

Recall United: 2

The Familia FC: 1

The next spotlight will be a bonus round. On the last match of the season, any team to score 3 goals or more will get a point.

Alliances

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 20

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 20

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 18

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 18

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 17

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 16

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 16

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 15

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 15

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 12

Top League: Week 7 Reports

Yellow Submarine 4-3 Eights United

o-MANCHESTER-DERBY-facebook.jpg

It was hyped up to be an epic and it did not disappoint Yellow Submarine faced United in what was to be the most thrilling game of the day, week and surely the season. Submarine lined up with 4-5-1 while United went for a daring 3-5-2 formation. Right from the start chances were made, Kirkby directed traffic from the back and sent in a great ball for Viana to volley home to a roar from the home crowd they knew only a win would be enough. Moments later though Viana was bruised in a tackle and had to be subbed by the 17 year old Cates who is in his debut senior season! United took advantage of this misfortune as a youth of their own scored, the 18 year old Norheim headed the ball home off a Clevan cross. Submarine looked the more creative and just before half time re-established control when the captain Delipiano lost his man and curled a beautiful ball past a flailing Yoshimiro. The home side went into the break in the lead but the United players emerged from the tunnel first and were fired up, again the youngster Norheim caused all sorts of trouble and drew Kirkby and McEnroe towards him before threading a ball through to his captain Beck who nutmegged the goalie, 2-2! By this point the game was turning into a game of back and forth attacking drama as both sides looked devastating going forward, in this confusion the 3 man defence of United were bound to make some mistakes and when trying to head out a cross Hapnes put it into his own net! Further problems occurred for the United defence shortly after as Paulsen was knocked out by his own goalie who punched him while going for the ball. After coming to he was furious to see he was being substituted but the manager surely did the responsible thing even if it weakened his own defence. Amid all this drama the home side seemed more assured but the 18 year old Norheim woke them up after dribbling from the wing he smashed a ball towards the right corner but it curled into the centre of the goal completely wrong footing the goalie the score was now 3-3! Knowing a draw would give United a huge advantage the home crowd roared their team on but after being caught 3 times could they score again? After bundling the ball forward Submarine were on the attack, the substitute defender Kvistad tried to stop the attack but ended up sticking a foot out that could cost United the league title. Kirkby who was up in attack dutifully fell over it to send the United manager into an apoplectic fit. Kirkby insisted he take it and the crowd held their breath, they didn't have to as he rammed it into the top right corner a sensational penalty! This time United could not fight back and it ended 4-3. Later in the week United would draw and Yellow Submarine would lose but this result means they are 1 point ahead of United with 2 games to go. No wonder the fans were singing Yellow Submarine all the way home. An epic match that would be worthy to be a title decider.

Legends stay in the top flight

Jose-Mourinho-during-a-press-conference-in-Bangkok.jpg

After a nervy week of draws last week the Legends confirmed their top league status this week with 2 out of 2 victories. The first was a game that looked like it was going towards a draw as the Legends went for a 3-5-2 formation against Coloccini, this gave them chances but again they failed to capitalise until with 10 minutes to go under fire strikers Ciobotaru and Castanheira linked up to produce a headed goal that sent the home crowd wild. The Legends knew a win against potential champions Yellow Submarine may see them safe and again played 3-5-2. This formation seemed to suit the Legends as Mulholland put them in the lead but Viana hit back for the away side, 10 minutes later club legend Conden scored from close range but Submarine knowing a win would send them 4 points clear at the top kept coming forward. With 9 minutes to go Lennon volleyed a shot home from a scramble after a corner, it was left to Walters with minutes left to carve out some space and send in a curling screamer that ricocheted in off the crossbar. With news that Winston Gardens had failed to win the Legends fans were beside themselves the club with this famous victory have now earned themselves a second season of top flight football, who knows how far they will get next season!

Where now for Winston?

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-West-Bromwich-Albion--Premier-League.jpg

The great project at Winston Garden Lions suffered another blow this week as they failed to win making it 9 games without a victory. They were 2nd in the 3rd and 7th week and in the early days of the campaign really seemed to shine with impressive victories over Yellow Submarine and Silverdale. However after a double against Eights United were they came away with 1 point and two 1-1 draws with the Legends on either side of the double they appeared a deflated team. By week 11 they fell to 4th being overtaken by the Legends, Inter and Lylat overtook them soon after, by week 14 they were 8th and Silverdale and DuDs Baggies snuck past them into safety. It has to be said the remaining fixtures do not look good for Winston, they are away to Yellow Submarine and at home to Inter while DuD who are 2 points ahead are away to Lylat but also face Rovers at home. Winston have a very good side but also one that are ageing and need youth reinforcements. I hope if they do go down Winston tweak what is nearly a winning formula and come back stronger than ever to the top league where they belong.

DuDs Baggies 1-3 Silverdale Salmon

158725906.jpg

It has been a disappointing season for both these sides who at the start may have dreamed of challenging for the championship, this game was important to make sure disappointment didn't turn into relegation. The Baggies at home set out to control the game with a 4-5-1 formation while Silverdale set up with 4-4-2. With 2 strikers up front Silverdale seemed to thrive and within 8 minutes after a Jeffers long shot and Luz toe poke in the box were 2-0 in front! The first half carried on at a frantic pace with Silverdale holding firm at the back while the Baggies did indeed dominate possession and chances. Lone striker Izon made one count with a close range shot before half time to halve the deficit. In the 2nd half the game slowed down slightly and Silverdale gained a bit more possession up from 37% to 42%, they only created one chances but it was enough for defender Morell to head them into a 3-1 lead. The Baggies looked spent after this goal and could not pull themselves back into the game. After winning the double against Inter, Silverdale have looked like a new team and have strung together a series of results that see them on the brink of safety. As discussed the Baggies should be safe as well but they will want to aim for more consistency next season if they wish to live up to their potential.

Team of the Week: Hadens Legends

Fernando%20Torres.jpg

The Legends had a great week this time around, securing top flight football with two home wins including a 3-2 victory against title contenders Yellow Submarine

Goals: Eights: Wilder 10, Granas 10, Inter: Kirk 8,

Granas comes back to the top along with his team-mate Wilder as he scores a crucial penalty against Inter.

X11: Eights: Granas 11, Inter: Ramos 11, Yellow: Falcao 10, Inter: Kirk 10

The fight is on between Granas, Ramos, Falcao and Kirk to see who is the best overall player in the league as they all pass the 10 barrier of X11 caps with 2 games left.

Assists: Eights: Isfjord 6, DuD: Izon 5, Eights: Seljevold 5, Yellow: Delipiano 5

With 2 games left Seljevold and Delipiano look to fight for the top assists crown now having 5 assists each, both 1 behind Isfjord with 6.

It was tough but I got three points today which means if Yellow Sub lose their last game and Eights either draw or lose AND I win mine, I will finish first... not gonna happen but the chance is there.

All down to the last day int the top league!

I will try and do my bit to add some spice but don't reckon much of my chances lol

I reckon silverdale may beat yellow submarine actually but it will be a miracle if I get anything against eights.

It was tough but I got three points today which means if Yellow Sub lose their last game and Eights either draw or lose AND I win mine, I will finish first... not gonna happen but the chance is there.

You have to watch the last day via match view with other results playing in background will be classic!

Congrats jim bob for lower league title!

Just putting this here

swindon_league_2_champions.jpg

With a 3-2 away win vs Silverdale earlier today, it means Recall United have cemented themselves as Lower League winners and a place in the next league. The team are very happy and will be celebrating tonight in style.

Shame I couldn't grab a point today to take survival down to the final game. I'm now destined for the lower league again :(

Have been happy with how I've rotated my squad though and will hopefully get some decent skill increases and bounce back up after next season.

Shame I couldn't grab a point today to take survival down to the final game. I'm now destined for the lower league again :(

Have been happy with how I've rotated my squad though and will hopefully get some decent skill increases and bounce back up after next season.

You have a good developing side there, it just needs time : peace:

N-Euro Championship Cup Season 32

Starting Friday 19th September

Who is in?

Teams:

Lylat Wanderers

Atlético Aqui1a

@Animal this would be a good opportunity for you to get some experience playing games

Xpert Quick Beginner's Guide

I just wanted to make sure the new guys know about how important it is to keep good form for your players and get high development values. Without high development values, your players will not increase in skill.

Player Development

The first thing you should look at for your players is age against skill. The average is 18-4 (to become 19-5, 20-6 etc as a baseline). If you have players below this average, they are probably not worth keeping on to train (but arguably once they get to 9/10 skill they're decent enough to keep around if it keeps your team balanced). Focus should always be on youth.

Players also have special qualities which are explained HERE - take note of Divas as simply giving them their favourite shirt number will remove any negative effects they would otherwise have.

Development Values - Players increase their base skill at the end of each season in the change report. The size of the increase/decrease is determined by development values (DV) - which you can keep track of if you hover over the player name in your team list. A DV of 10 or higher will give your player an increase in skill but to get a visible raise (ie, to get one skill bar higher) you would be aiming for 14/15 at the very least.

DVs are worked out by your player's average form and match experience over the season. If you play stronger teams and lose, you can still get good DV for your players if you can keep their form up as your player's match experience will be better when you play high skilled teams (DV is an accountable figure but match experience is hidden and probably not worth thinking too much about). Younger players will raise easier than older players who may not raise even on 16/17 DV.

Form

Your player's form has an influence on how well that player will play in a match. A player on 10 form will usually play TO his skill level during the game. A player on higher than 10 form will usually play above their own skill level during a game. You can see how well your players did during the game afterwards when you look at your 'last line-up'.

line_zps7c925b9e.png

(you can get to your last line up by hovering over the 'squad' icon)

Every player has the potential to play 5 skill bars higher than their actual skill. Their match performance is based on form and teamwork values (as well as other minor factors such as win bonus). You also have the option to mark a playmaker. This will usually result in a performance decrease for the player you mark. It is always best to mark a midfielder. Marking the opponent's playmaker will not only affect that player but the entirety of the opponents midfield as most of the 'plays' will be going through that one player. However, if a playmaker goes unchecked, he will further boost the performance of the rest of the midfield. Sometimes it does make sense to mark the strongest midfielder/player on the opposing team if that player is like 5 skill bars higher than the rest of the midfield or something :p

Form values are not always reliable as they only show your player's last form change. The arrows indicate which way the form is trending so you can get an idea of whether a player is going to continue to drop or not. HERE is a link that goes into form and form trends a bit better. You can try to boost player's form with form training (expensive but worth it) but remember the higher your player's form, the less likely they are to raise their form by much (or at all).

Youth Academy:

You have the option to spend up to 300k on your youth training each week. Every season you'll get 2-3 youths and depending on how much money you put into it, they'll be of varying skills. Personally I think it's only worth funding if you can afford to do it all the way. If you don't fund it at all, it's worthless though :p If you're looking to develop a team from youths, I'd say put the 300k in but if you're only after one or two it's better to save the money for transfers.

Money:

You can get money each week from performing a sponsor activity. It will flash up on your start page when it's available (once a week). All you have to do is click a button (I think there may be a video if you don't have an adblocker but you don't have to watch it, just click play and you'll be able to skip).

You can also get money from writing press releases. If you write one press release a week (must be over 300 characters) you'll get 200k. You'll only get this once per week rather than one for every PR over 300 characters so don't waste your time - unless you really want to write another PR of course :p

Finally, you'll get 250k a month from your main sponsor. I think this is completely automatic. The only other ways to get funds are to sell players on the transfer markets or be lucky with a random event.

Team:

I'll also give my opinion on your teams, just what I'd do if I were starting out with what you've got. Maybe it'll give you a bit of insight into how to think about team development. Hopefully some other people will comment some things too as I don't want to steer anyone wrong.

Generally I liked to go for 2 keepers, 5 in defence, 5/6 in midfield and 2 up front with a good balance of old and young / high and low skilled players.

^copy and pasted :p let's have a look at your team though Animal

Untitled_zpsa4e2a8a0.png

Keepers: Neither of your keepers would be considered good but for the first season or two I think your 27-7 would be fine. If you want to start off with a team you want to develop into something great, I'd say get a decent youth keeper in and use him exclusively. The problem is a decent keeper will be expensive. It might be best to stick with what you have for now and save up funds to buy an older, more skilled keeper in a few seasons. It's easier to buy a 24/25 year old keeper at 10/11 skill than it is to buy a youth in and raise him up but it's also more costly. If you have 2-3m to spend early on and you have a young, developing team, go for a youth keeper. You could even get lucky and have a keeper come through from the youth academy.

Defence: If I were starting out with this team, I'd keep the 26-9 and 29-8 and ditch the rest. Set your youth academy to bring in a defender and buy in two others. If you're struggling for cash, just buy one youth defender and keep the 27-6 also. The older players are not worth developing, they're only worth keeping around so you have a bit of strength and your average age will be in line.

Midfield: Definitely keep the 19-6, he's above the curve already and therefore your best player. I would keep the 25-9 and 22-7 also. Bring in two more youths or just one and buy an older, high skilled midfielder.

Forwards: Keep the 28-9 for his age and skill and bring in a youth to play alongside him. If you want to save money or focus on other areas of your team first, I'd say you can get away with just having the 28-9 and 25-7 for a few seasons before you'd need to replace them.

Also, I made a shitty quick beginner's walkthrough if you wanted to take a look:

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Club captain and legend defender Bidari Elloriaga was set to bid farewell to the game after 18 seasons and 270 appearances at the club. However, in a sudden fit of rage saw red in the 90th minute for a bad tackle on one of Coloccini's men in the previous game.

Elloriaga will bid farewell to the game from the stands.

In for the cup and lol at your defender Rowan that is classic.

How is recruitment going for people? I have PMd a few peeps on this board

Is there a cup this season, if so sign me up.

Lost 2-1 to Spurs, i fielded all my youth players to get them some experience ready for the next season.

After 3 seasons of near-misses, I can finally use this video again:

I really enjoyed this season in the Elite League. The gap between the top and bottom teams seems to be shrinking, and that's evident in that matches have generally been a lot tighter and points have been dropped all over the place. I won the league with just 36 points and there were three teams who could have won the championship on the final day.

Great season for Lylat Wanderers by the way. Getting the double over Eights is seriously impressive. You usually have great change reports too, so next season could be your big chance.

Big congrats to Zell and Aqui1a!

Tried to make the final day dramatic but Zell had it in the bag anyway!

Enjoying being in the top league should be even more competitive next season will be really interesting to see who wins it!

A top 3 finish for me would be great I am thrilled with 5th for my first season :yay:

Anyone got any recruits for next season?

Trying to recruit through the xpert site is like messaging a brick wall :(

Congratulations to everyone that was promoted and extra congrats to Zell for winning the league again :)

Teams in for the cup:

Lylat Wanderers

Atlético Aqui1a

Coloccini FC

Hadens Legends

Recall United

Lords of Hydra

Yellow Submarine

The Familia FC

Only 8 teams... can we get 8 more?

The cup is starting on the 19th and I will draw the first round on the 16th.