NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 32: A Universe full of life

Jose-Mourinho-Celebration.jpg

3rd place in dreamland!

Doubt I will finish in this position but it is fantastic being here at the moment, massive game up next if we win I think it will devastate Winston Gardens title hopes but we are missing a senior striker so it might be a big ask.

Btw @dansliketrees as you are going away now shall I just take over the reports? I will do this week to restart them and carry on from there :)

After the expected 6 points from the last 2 games, things are beginning to look up. 6 points off the top 3 and 7 off top. Still in with a slim chance of promotion but main priority is to seal my league status

Still hasn't lost a match away, but my team is in shatters. I guess the next two matches will answer Haden's question.

Spotlight

The spotlight this time was a bonus round in which any team that scored a goal from a direct freekick would get a point. The only team to do so was The Familia FC.

Scores:

Recall United: 2

Hadens Legends: 2

Russian Revolution: 2

The Familia FC: 1

The next spotlight will be on the Elite league and the match of Hadens Legends vs Winston Garden Lions. Please predict the score and total number of chances in the game.

Alliances

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 21

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 18

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 18

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 17

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 17

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 16

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 16

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 14

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 14

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 14

The next spotlight will be on the Elite league and the match of Hadens Legends vs Winston Garden Lions. Please predict the score and total number of chances in the game.

2-3 and 9 chances.

interviews.gif

Back to the Lower League now and we focus our attention on the current league leaders, Lords of Hydra.

Nikos: Hydra - You're now in your fourth season, do you feel like you've settled in properly and have got to grips with management yet?

I felt like last season was going to be our year. Unfortunatley the rumors of the clubs owner being caught up in operation yewtree really hurt the players morale (especially when he fled to brazil and didnt pay us for 3 months....) and we went on a huge losing streak which stopped our promotion hopes. Now that all the allegations have been dropped we are back stronger than ever, the players are all loving their football and im where i belong. Managing the best team in the league ;)

Haden: What is your preferred formation and why?

I prefer the 3-4-3 attacking formation. Who needs to defend with strikers like mine? Amirite?!

Grant: What is meaning behind team name Hydra?

We have many heads, all of which can strike from any position, you stop one of us and there are to more ready to take his place!

(The true story is actually better lol, its Lords of Hydra because about 11 years ago i started playin FFXI on the xbox 360 test server which was called hydra and we had a linkshell called LoH which stood for LordsOfHydra, that name and my character name (Lordesequiel) has stuck with me ever since :D

Peeps: What are your expectations for the middle league next season?

Have to be realistic, unless the chairman gives me a truck full of money we will have to settle for establishing ourselves there and not getting relagated. The gulf between us and the relegated teams last season was huge, theres lots of work to do.

RLTA: hypothetically speaking you have the money to buy an 18/8 player he will have one special ability for any position you would like him to play in (except all rounder) what position would you choose and also what special quality would you select

I would buy a striker. Why would you even buy anything else?! And he would have to be a diva, just like me!

Thanks Hydra, always good to hear from one of the lesser known managers of N-Euro. It sounds like you, bob and MadDog would get along like a house on fire, given your attacking philosophy! A word of advice though - whilst scoring goals is great, try not to leave the back door open or you'll get found out in the Middle League, it's all about balance! Having had a look though it seems you have a decent enough back line with the second best defence so far this season and some good youth developing to stand you in good stead. Keep up the good work!?

Edited by Nikos9
Automerged Doublepost

Mcoy is enjoying his time in the lower league. A nice place to get practice and relearn the ropes of the game. If Mcoy does secure promotion there is a good chance he is in for a nasty shock next season though! a lot of tougher and more battle hardened opponents in the middle league.

Team's getting good, very good. Youth building i believe is paying off finally.

Jose-Mourinho-Celebration.jpg

3rd place in dreamland!

Doubt I will finish in this position but it is fantastic being here at the moment, massive game up next if we win I think it will devastate Winston Gardens title hopes but we are missing a senior striker so it might be a big ask.

Btw @dansliketrees as you are going away now shall I just take over the reports? I will do this week to restart them and carry on from there :)

Yeah sorry my man, hitting the road tomorrow, sorry I've been so lackluster this season :( Will make up for it on my return!

Was at a festival with Roger at the weekend - he came on the friday and I'd forgotten to set tactics against Eights so texted him to - what a game!! Gutted we didn't get the three points with way more chances.

Think that's going to be it for me this season so I've advised my interim to push youth. COYL.

The Top League Report: The Double

Advantage Eights

1231149-26264752-1600-900.jpg

Winston Gardens manager asked other teams to try and beat Eights United as they mounted their own title bid, this week they had two chances to do this themselves but failed both times. The first game saw Eights play a 4-5-1 formation against Winstons 4-4-2. This saw Eights dominate possession and chances but fail to score in the first half, in the end the United midfield was to much with Seljevold breaking the deadlock after a quick breakaway, Isfjord made it two before Seljevold scored another to make it a comfortable 3-0 for the home side. The rematch was a must win game for Winston and it showed, they sported a 3-4-3 formation with Eights playing 3-5-2 it promised to be an explosive encounter. It started off quickly as Coren blasted in a long range shot to give Winston the lead, Eights hit back quickly with Wilder and Granas scoring in quick succession. Wilder's goal was especially sublime as he lost his marker and wrong footed two Winston defenders on his way to the goal. However brilliance turned to madness as after being shoved in the back by a Winston defender he lashed out and slapped the player in the face, a straight red was the only option leaving Eights with 10 men. After the break Winston made the advantage count straight away as Coren turned provider swinging in a cross for Ingham to head home to level up the scores. Soon the Winston chances were adding up and again Coren found Ingham who had ghosted past 3 Eights defenders to give himself a 1 on 1 chance with the goalie that he blasted in. The home fans roared as their side looked to have secured a crucial victory! However in the last few seconds Eights were awarded a corner, it fell to the captain Granas who somehow hit it home. Eights fans roared while for Winston fans they knew this may have been the moment the title slipped away.

Submarine keeps head above water

20110709_Brazil-Paraguay.jpg

When Yellow Submarine met Lylat it was a compliment to Lylat that many thought this could be a very even double however it was Submarine who in the end won both games and put themselves right behind Eights United in the title race. In the first game Lylat had a very harsh start, they came out with purpose playing 4-4-2 but Gray saw his goal disallowed and then experienced defender Roberts was badly injured in the 23rd minute. Yellow Submarine had dominated chances before this happened but in the 2nd half they really started to go through the gears. Kirkby made space for Baryla who slammed in a long range shot to make it 1-0. However this proved to be a hard hitting game and the next victim was Submarine defender Villa, moments after he went off Dowell equalised for Lylat. However the joy of this moment was short lived the Submarine Captain Delipiano hit in a long range shot and set up Ataisik to score another to make it 3-1 to the away side. In the return leg Submarine set up to dominate midfield with a 4-5-1 set up with Wanderers playing the same hoping to stifle their opponents. With 7 chances to 3 it was clear to see Submarines strategy paid off in the end, with goals from Viana and Falcao they secured their 3 points but not before a scare when Gray scored via a breakaway to make it 2-1. This was an important double for both teams, it ended Lylats good run of form that sees them crashing from near the top of the table to 4 points above relegation. For Yellow Submarine this was the type of double win that was badly needed as they pursue Eights United who are now only 2 points ahead of them.

Destruction Derby

71029702a61fd0682cf8ae6acebdaccf.jpg

The Silverdale Inter matches may not be the title deciders of old but are still marked down in the diaries of each of their fans. The derby this season had the added twist of being in the double season, the first game was a real war with two horrific injuries and a red card for Inter striker Kirk. Inter was edging the match but with 5 at the back Silverdale held out and in the end frustration meant Kirk was given a 2nd yellow for a silly tackle that had his manager fuming. The 2nd game saw both teams play 4-5-1 but with the inclusion of a youth striker and youth goalie by Inter Silverdale looked fired up for this game. First Morell scored via a breakaway, Inter had chances but in the 2nd half Jeffers and Orellana made it 3-0 to Silverdale. Scabos got one back in the end but it was to little to late. This was a huge win for Silverdale while for Inter their poor season is starting to turn into a disaster that they need to correct correctly.

Legends on the rise

Chelsea-1200.jpg

For the Legends the double period was a good one for them, they have lacked a killer instinct in the top league but showed it in spades when pitted against Rossers Rovers. In the first game Rovers held out against the Legends in the first half but bringing on Castanheira had an instant impact as he set up Mulholland and then scored a goal himself to give Legends a 2-0 lead, a late header by Burlett put an exclamation mark on this one sided victory. The 2nd game saw a more attacking minded Rovers who played 4-4-2, it was a close affair with only 3 chances each but Ciobotaru and Somner were clinical for the Legends and showed a calmness that was lacking from the Rovers side. This result will be a huge boost for the Legends survival prospects while Rovers are now surely doomed to relegation but can concentrate on getting ready for next season.

A DuD?

sam-allardyce-and-jose-mourinho_1slme3lmzlu2ozsqle78v7054.jpg?t=-534461581&quality=100

The last of the doubles was between Coloccini and DuD Baggies that saw one thrilling match and another that can only be described as a DuD. For the Baggies it has been a mixed season so far as they look to be a middle of the table side while Coloccini are showing their potential but knowing that they may still go down despite their best efforts. The first game saw Coloccini take the tie by the scruff of the neck as first Ha then Costa scored to make it 2-0 however the Baggies playing 3-5-2 mounted a brilliant fightback. Ashe set up Shearer for a diving header before the Dhall Izon partnership saw each set the other one up for 2 goals in 2 minutes to make it 3-2 to the Baggies. Coloccini fans and players were shocked and they were unable to recover. With both managers maybe wary of letting in 2 or more goals again both teams set up with 5 defenders and only created 1 chance each leading to a boring 0-0 draw. For Coloccini this could be a crucial moment in the season where they threw away 3 points against a top tier side and for the Baggies it the way they played at home will really disappoint fans who want their team to start playing with some championship winning ambition.

Team of the Week: Yellow Submarine, they showed true grit to pick up their 6 points and have now inserted themselves into a championship winning position.

Goals: Eights: Granas 8, Inter: Kirk 6, Scabos 5, Eights: Wilder 5

Granas proves his dominance with 8 goals at the time of writing.

X11: Eights: Granas 8, Eights: Hapnes, Clevan 7, Yellow: Falcao 7

We can see why Eights are top with 3 players having over 7 X11 apperances.

Assists: DuD: Izon 5, Dhall 4

The Baggies best trait in attack is their instinctive teamwork as seen in their 3-2 win against Coloccini.

The season haven't gone as well as I hoped, with four draws and a loss, yet I'm on top with a much larger goal difference. Surprisngly I have won more points away than at home. 14 vs 8 points and I've yet to lose away.

The draw at a home today was missed oppurtunity. Could have been four points ahead of YS as he drew at home as well. Instead I'm only two points ahead and still has an away match to play against YS.

Two of my players are back, but still missing two, as I've got yet another red card, that's the fourth this season.

Drew against Winston but thought my tactics may have bagged me the win, still need some big wins in next few games as relegation is still a very real possibility.

Spotlight

The spotlight this round was on the Elite league and the match of Hadens Legends vs Winston Garden Lions. Participants were to guess the result and number of chances in the game. Haden was the only person to guess a draw so he wins this round.

Scores:

Hadens Legends: 3

Recall United: 2

Russian Revolution: 2

The Familia FC: 1

The next spotlight is on next Tuesday's matches and we're focussing on the middle league with AC Elites vs The Roger Federer Crew. Please predict the result and the time for any goal to be scored.

Alliances

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 21

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 18

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 18

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 16

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 16

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 16

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 16

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 15

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 14

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 14

Can't believe everyone underestimated the Legends I knew that game would be a draw!

3-1 to AC Elites and a goal will occur in the 33rd minute.

I could predict every game against the Legends is a draw.

Hard loss today need to grab some wins from somewhere but the league is so tough!

Can't believe the title race has opened up in the way it has either!

Peeps you may want to think of recruitment soon looks like a couple of managers will be leaving, bob and blue rogue are staying though.