NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 32: A Universe full of life

You want a thrashing, you'll get a thrashing!

interviews.gif

Hello and welcome to the first Inter View of the new season. We've had a bit of a shake-up around here folks, with a fresh approach and format. It therefore seems only fitting that we start with a fresh face who is likely to make a big impact, not only in the league but the forums and press too, especially if his last stint here is anything to go by.

So without further ado lets kick things off:-

Nikos: Mcoy, why did you leave and what did you get up to in your absence?

Mcoy had just had enough at that time, Mcoy had done what he wanted to do and that was to win the championship at least once. Mcoy was busy with other events around him and didn't want to watch his side decade into a bottom league beat about.

Mcoy has been busy travelling the world and increasing his revenue to fund his expensive but lucrative lifestyle. Mcoy has put that all behind now though. Mcoy is back.

Peeps - Mcoy, what has sparked your return and why did it take so long?

Mcoy: Mcoy was inspired by the world cup possibly. Mcoy has alot more spare time and after he saw that the Neurope X11 league was still alive and kicking he was more then eager to rejoin. Mcoy took so long because Mcoy has been busy with real life and partly forgot about the game in the first place, Mcoy is more then happy that he can find the time to manage his team after work again though.

Haden - McCoy who is top on the list of people you think need an ass whooping?

Mcoy: Mcoy hasn't really found anyone so far that has stood up as a challenge in the battle of the press. Mcoy would be more then happy to find such an opponent though, Mcoy could definetly see things heat up in the middle league.

Right now Mcoy would have to say the dirty Russian Revolutions is a target in the future. Their cheek to field a top tier team against Mcoy's new boys in a friendly has left the entire team of Mcoy thirsting for Russian blood in the distant future.

Zell - Mcoy, where do you see The Great Mcoy to be in five seasons time?

Mcoy: Zell, Mcoy is looking at re-learning the game, tactics and all the other little bits and bobs that can help in the matches. Mcoy definetly sees himself in the top half of the middle league 5 seasons down the line. Mcoy could possibly be in the top league but as he understands, the oponents have toughned up somewhat.

Nikos - Mcoy, you were the richest manager in N-Europe last time around. Why did you not spend the money before you left? To me the transfer market is one of the most fun parts of the game. Do you intend to do the same thing this time around?

Mcoy: Mcoy has never been a huge fan of spending money, Mcoy has a huge weakness of liking to save for nothing in particular (it was around 60 million when Mcoy left, lol).

Mcoy hopes he can get over this barrier and make some good investments in the coming years. In the past Mcoy favoured developing home grown youth from the academy, but Mcoy thinks he'll be taking a slightly different approach and will make use of the transfer market a lot more. Mcoy can guarantee that his players will be tougher, better trained and in better form then before ;)

Thanks for the intriguing insight, Mcoy. Good luck in your first season of rebuilding and we look forward to keeping track of your progress.

Edited by Nikos9

Lost in the 92nd minute. Still unable to beat a real opponent. Luckily I have the league's equivalent of Winston pussycats to play next for an expected thrashing.

Did you know that AC and Winston have the same number of 12+ skilled players in their squads? And yet the pussycats lie 2nd in Elite League whilst AC labour in 4th spot of the middle league. The difference? Heart, fighting spirit, and the manager at the helm.

Brilliant work the reports so far @Haden and the mccoy interview is fantastic @Nikos9

Eights must be shitting themselves about friday given how poor they've been this season.

Haha, no I'm very confident actually. You don't so confident on the other hand :p

Is is it normal in real football for players with red cards to be out for more than one match? Was just playing around with the line up and realized my striker youth still can't play. First game in his career, and the idiot is out for the next two >_>

Did you know that AC and Winston have the same number of 12+ skilled players in their squads? And yet the pussycats lie 2nd in Elite League whilst AC labour in 4th spot of the middle league. The difference? Heart, fighting spirit, and the manager at the helm.

Brilliant work the reports so far @Haden and the mccoy interview is fantastic @Nikos9

Eights must be shitting themselves about friday given how poor they've been this season.

Thanks very m- oh. Oh wait.

:p

Haha, no I'm very confident actually. You don't so confident on the other hand :p

Is is it normal in real football for players with red cards to be out for more than one match? Was just playing around with the line up and realized my striker youth still can't play. First game in his career, and the idiot is out for the next two >_>

I think they can be suspended for up to 5 games, I've had a fair few across my teams that were gone for 2 but never more than that thankfully!

More confident than you are eloquent

:P

Ha soz Peepsy, your writeups are always great but I tend to skim over matters as trivial as goings on in the middle league.

Emerson Vicente and Gregor Mossley have secretly been meeting up in private and maintaining a hush over their activities. A local hack decided to investigate after a tip off but instead found out that the players were giving up their own time to support charities and help out at the local hospital. As a result of all the positive press coverage, the form has improved greatly for the two players although they remain very modest regarding their headlines 'Top Role Models'!

:p

I think they can be suspended for up to 5 games, I've had a fair few across my teams that were gone for 2 but never more than that thankfully!

I had someone suspended for at least 4 games last season, it could possibly have been 5. We spoke about it in the thread at the time.

I think I remember that now you mention it, tough break!

Disappointing 0-0 draw away to Silverdale today. 7 chances for his 1 (I think 5 were freekicks!) and a disallowed goal. Should've been 1-0 or more but Silverdale's keeper played to 17 and shut everything out. I had 3 players play to 14 but none of them had a shot on goal, they would've been my best chance but still wouldn't have scored for certain. Well done Rowan, your keeper is a beast!

Happy with the draw today need to try and aim for a draw in away games and victory at home will be tough but hopefully we have enough to stay up.

Eights united are looking good for the title so far!

Not the best of starts but after playing 3 of the better teams away from home I didn't expect much more. Hopefully now things will start picking up with the next game against Kippen. MOT!!!

Spotlight

The next spotlight is on this Tuesday's match of Madpool vs The Roger Federer Crew. Madpool will be looking to stay clear of relegation while Roger Federer needs to keep himself in line for promotion. This could be a close match so please predict the scores and the possession for each team.

Scores:

Recall United: 2

Hadens Legends: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

Alliances

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 21

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 20

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 20

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 19

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 18

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 16

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 15

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 14

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 11

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 11

N-Euro Middle League Report: Round Three

bob 0-7 Madpool

bob's bad season continues with the tables being turned on them once again as they are on the receiving end of an onslaught of goals. Madpool's 5-man midfield was rated at 13 while bob's was a meager 5 with just 2 players lost in a swarm of red shirts. Philippe Coutinho scored first in the 5th minute, assisting another soon after which was scored by Lucas Leiva. Coutinho set one more up in the 12th minute for Spence Monk. There were nearly 10 whole minutes for bob's team to catch their breath before the next goal was scored by Leiva again in the 21st minute.

Coutinho set up a further two goals before the first half was over, scored by Tyrone Osbourne and Miles Dunderdale with Reggie Hales scoring between them. All of Madpool's 13 chances were made in the first half of the match and bob failed to possess the ball outside of their own half. It's not a good day to be a bob fan but hopefully the manager will retain his confidence and optimism.

Atlético Aqui1a 2-1 AC Elites

Elites searched for an early lead and Scottie Pratchett found it for them, scoring in the 9th minute of the game. Elites' lead could've been short-lived as Isler stepped up to take a penalty in the 16th minute but fumbled the opportunity. Some rumours are emerging that the manager is putting too much pressure on the striker! In the 36th minute Isler succumbed to fatigue and young forward, Ryan Upson, stepped in to the crowd's delight. In the 50th minute Upson delivered his fan service, scoring from a header with all the appropriate swagger.

It was looking to be a draw despite overall dominance by Atlético with 8 chances racked up against Elites' 1 but in the 92nd minute Atlético had a last attempt on goal which led to a goal from Graham Parman!

Kippen FC 2-0 AFC Dedede

Dedede held Kippen back well, limiting their opponents to just two chances in the game while creating two of their own but the overwhelming power of KFC was too much and Kippen scored from both of their chances. Dedede's poor luck started with an injury in the 18th minute, forcing them to switch out young for old as Brydon comes on for Calderoni. Kippens supremacy began with a goal scored by Willy MacEllar in the 31st minute. Moving into the second half, the game was dragging as neither side could gain an advantage but in the 69th minute Graham Watts goofed for Kippen FC and scored an own goal! But wait, the ref's disallowed it due to a foul! Spurred on by this near-miss, Kippen launced into another offensive resulting in another attempt on goal. Innecenzio Riccio finds Willy MacEllar in the box who takes a shot.... gooooaaaal! Kippen win 2-0!

Russian Revolution 1-2 The Roger Federer Crew

Revolution take an early lead thanks to a penalty which was scored by Veríssimo Encarnação in the 9th minute but Federer locked them down again in the 11th minute with a goal from Freire Lajes. Federer would've gone ahead in the 23rd minute but Freire Lajes had his second goal disallowed. It was only a matter of time until Federer would go ahead with them having more possession and creating more chances and in the 69th minute Cristoph Figni beat the keeper to make it 2-1.

The Familia FC 4-2 Leeds M.O.T

Another disallowed goal this round and right at the start of the game meaning it hurt all the more when Familia went 1-0 up from a freekick in the 22nd minute which was scored directly by Rupert Bachmann. Leeds let out their frustration by injuring a couple of Familia players in the 29th and 35th minutes before finally scoring for real in the 41st minute with a goal from Kristijan Pispek. Familia went ahead again straight away with a goal from Augustin Ekedahl in the 50th minute and Sverrir Pedersen made sure to score one more in the 59th minute before Leeds could retalliaite. Sure enough, Leeds did get another goal thanks to Mansour Heidari in the 64th minute but with a goal's lead, Familia had the confidence to reach for more and Francois Auffret got their final goal in the 72nd minute.

Most Valuable Player - Philippe Coutinho, Madpool

Fan Favourites - The Familia FC vs Leeds M.O.T

Manager of the Round - Roger Federer, The Roger Federer Crew

Another good week. 4 points against Inter and Submarine is 4 points more than I got last season. As an added bonus it looks like I will win the Team of the Month too.

I think I remember that now you mention it, tough break!

Disappointing 0-0 draw away to Silverdale today. 7 chances for his 1 (I think 5 were freekicks!) and a disallowed goal. Should've been 1-0 or more but Silverdale's keeper played to 17 and shut everything out. I had 3 players play to 14 but none of them had a shot on goal, they would've been my best chance but still wouldn't have scored for certain. Well done Rowan, your keeper is a beast!

I rage quit the window when i thought you had scored.:heh: Our goalkeeper definitely earned us a point there, especially when we went down to 10 men.

4 points in a week is a decent return but my striker's are not creating chances, let alone scoring.

Early away losses to Winston and Eights may have already killed off my title challenge for another year. Need to somehow beat Inter on Tuesday and keep winning my home games to stand a chance I reckon.

Given their recent exchanges it seemed only fitting that Russian Revolution followed Mcoy as my second interviewee for this season's Inter View!

The way it works:-

- Please feel free to post all your questions below.

- I'll wait until this forum runs dry of questions then post these to Russian's inbox.

- Russian can then pick & choose which questions he'd like to answer, if not all of them and reply with his answers to my inbox, not on here.

- I'll then pile it all together and present it all as a press release + on N-Euro

- Russian can answer in as little or much detail as he likes.

With no further ado, time to fire away with your questions to Russian Rev...

(Thanks to Peeps and Haden who have contributed so far)

Got promoted to division 4 in the official league, highest division I have ever been in. Lost the division title because I forgot to set tactics in two matches at the end, so really happy making it through the play off, although it was very close.

Bids have been accepted for Capwell :( The legend came to the club as 17-year old back in 2010. Nothing wrong with his perfomance, quite the opposite, but I don't want to use three strikers at the same time, so he has to go. Wilder has catched up in skill and because of Wilder's age I need to focus on that youth I got last season.

Edited by Tales

Annoyed with the draw today, in a weird position at the moment my team is performing very well but we are not getting the results. I think that will change in time but we will have to see the thing we have going for us is brilliant depth so maybe we can exploit other teams losing players down the road.

Apart from me interesting results today with Zell getting back into the title race, Tales do you think selling off your striker was a mistake? If your other one gets injured or suspended you may be in trouble?

@dan\-likes\-trees how is the report going :P

Maybe I could have waited to sell him till later in the season, but I usually end up forgetting it, miss the deadline and get jealous when I see how much everyone else earned :p But I wouldn't have used him anyway. I don't want to use three strikers because I feel they are harder to train, and if Capwell only gets playtime in the unlikely chance Wilder has a red card or gets injured, his form will shit and I can't use him anyway. I think is current form was 5 the last time I checked and I won't spend money on a player that is unlikely to see play time anyway.

Mcoy would be happy with his win. But 3-4-3 offensive away from home is a suicide tactic!

You know nothing!

I forgot to set my tactics, and can't be arsed to check how badly I got reamed.

interviews.gif

Onto Inter View number two and today on the show we have the manager of Russian Revolution, Grant Spinks (Answers were provided this morning before todays games).

Nikos: Russian's - you're through to the final of the World Cup, how and why did you get there and can you see yourself lifting the trophy?

For many reason:-

We have the strongest team

I have developed the managerial know-how

We are on level playing field

We train hard

I offer my players lifetime supply of vodka

Nobody else is as patriotic towards their country as I am to Russia

Can we win trophy – Yes we can!

Peeps: At the time of writing you're in 7th place in the middle league. Do you expect to be fighting against relegation for the whole season or have you just had a bad start? Where do you see the team in 2-3 seasons time?

We hyad unsatisfactory start. We wanted to beat bob but drew, we wanted draw verses Dedede but lose. As long as we can beat and keep current bottom three below us we will be ok but will be tough season. As long as we stay where we are we be safe but yes, we will be fighting against relegation all season unfortunately. Hopefully 2-3 seasons time we’ll be comfortable/strong middle league team or weak upper league team.

Haden: Why the revolution?

Our friend Tsar Nikolai9 as I call him gave me kick up backside. We were floundering, up against ropes without purpose, knowledge or direction and on verge of quit but unlike Mcoy, we spent acquired wealth and invested in future, following advice of Nik, (who told me he follow advice of you), he showed us error of our ways and how to correct. Now we on right track so we also have you to thank for that Haden. Comerade Co-op had reached main goal of playing in Elite League and got raped, this time around we intend to get back there and do raping to likes of Mcoy, if he ever get there.

Bad luck to you for narrowly missing out on silverware today in the World Cup final but good effort. Looking at the match report it seems Mexico's tactics were better on the day but thanks for accrediting your revolution to myself and Haden who will no doubt be happy about that too and happy to see how you've progressed since the turnaround. Good win for you today in the league against my old enemy, taking you up to 5th, if you keep up that level of performance I'm sure you'll be safe from relegation.

Nikos

@dan\-likes\-trees how is the report going :P

Sort of didn't realise what day it was! I'll sort out last week's by friday's games. Can't believe how much of a shitty week it's been. Thank god for Colo grinding out a point against Eights. Title race has about 6 contenders unless Eights go rampant once again.

Announcement: I'm going travelling in 2 weeks time for 3 months so Winston may be a bit inactive but judging by my last travelling bout there should be enough internet cafes to keep the keep going. If there's a title challenge ongoing I'll be there. If not I think I'll be handing the keys to @roger rederer - a risk given the middling performance of The Crew but I think he's got the talent.

My final game in england will be the double header against Eights #decisive

COME ON YOUR LIONS.

Spotlight

The spotlight this round highlighted the match of Madpool vs The Roger Federer Crew. Players were to predict the scores and the possession for each team. The only participant was Haden who actually got it almost spot on anyway with his guess of 3-2 to Federer with 44-56 possession. The actual result was 2-1 (to Federer) with 48-52% possession.

Scores:

Recall United: 2

Hadens Legends: 2

Russian Revolution: 1

The spotlight next round is on the lower league, looking at Lords of Hydra vs The Sixty-Fourthers. Please predict the score and the manager rating for each team.

Alliances

Silverdale Salmon, Atlético Aqui1a, LiVeRpOoL - 22

DuDs Baggies, Leeds M.O.T, Lords of Hydra - 20

Intergalactico Stars, AFC Dedede, Recall United - 19

Coloccini FC, AC Elites, The Sixty-Fourthers - 18

Yellow Submarine, Madpool, Gibbs Probies - 16

Lylat Wanderers, The Roger Federer Crew, Fake Team 1 - 16

Eights United, bob, Spurs - 15

Winston Garden Lions, Kippen FC, Fedex United - 15

Rossers Rovers, The Familia FC, The Great Mcoy - 13

Hadens Legends, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues - 11

COME ON YOUR LIONS.