NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon TCG GBC Coming To 3DS eShop!

Good stuff, that's good timing indeed. Now if Jonnas could give it the once over before we all dash off and start giving you our clicks. :heh:

I've been meaning to do it for quite a while, been overhauling old sections (the old one was shocking. It wasn't even bad, it was atrocious), and wasn't expecting this to come out ever, so kept putting it off. Of the spin-off games, it's hell with the amount of detail to go into. So started Monday, rushed through it, job done. Probably have some gaping holes haha

Good stuff, that's good timing indeed. Now if Jonnas could give it the once over before we all dash off and start giving you our clicks. :heh:

Oh, you just gotta go out there and do it. Just loosen up and be tight at the same time :)

But really, the game gives you a tutorial, and any starter deck works fine. I should really only give the occasional advice, as everybody will soon have different decks and try to beat different Clubs, anyway.

Ah Nintendo... why oh why must you wait until so late into the day to update the eShop on a Thursday? :(

I totally would have played the hell out of this before work had it been available.

Oh well, I guess I'll be having a quick go on it later just before Mario Kart League. : peace:

Trust me, the amount of times I visited his site, I'm sure one more won't make any difference.

Because sometimes, you just want to know what moves you should teach a Nidorino before you evolve it. (Turns out these days it's none. Thanks infinite TM's!)

I am now currently scrounging around my place looking for loose change. £3.50 so far. Only a pound to go!

I am now currently scrounging around my place looking for loose change. £3.50 so far. Only a pound to go!

It's times like this I wonder why Nintendo abandoned the gifting option.

Never mind! Just found 10 quid under my bed!

No idea how it got there or how long it's been lodged there but I'm in for this group playthrough!

I guess I'll play it for a bit before the Mario Kart thingy tonight.

So, would some of us be up for playing TCG in tandem, to a loose schedule? That way we can be sure to be at roughly the same place (we could segment the game by gyms?) so as to be able to help each other out with tactics, etc. And blogging our trading card journey together would fun and warm and cosy. :)

Please weigh in with your thoughts

I've actually got a bit of a backlog again now (which I'm planning to increase today with NES Remix 2 :heh:) so yeah... I'm out. :hehe:

Have fun though. : peace:

Never mind! Just found 10 quid under my bed!

No idea how it got there or how long it's been lodged there but I'm in for this group playthrough!

But the eShop does not take notes.

You let me worry about that.

:( Its only a ten hour game and we are gonna try and spread that out so sure you could fit in. :)

Yeah, but I don't like Pokémon or card games, so... :heh:

Shantae & the Pirate's Curse

Shovel Knight

OutRun 3D

Afterburner 3D

Plus loads of SNES Virtual Console games I might get.

This is their Quality of Life idea. You feed £50 notes into an attachment and it makes their quality of life better!

Gotta restrain myself from getting any club medals until this group playthrough gets going.

It's SO goooood though!

The Pokémon craze passed me by because I've never been into RPGs or silly colourful monster games based on kids cartoons However.. since its from Nintendo's stable of gaming greatness I've always been curious. I think it could be the right time for Pokémon Trading Card Game to take its worthy spot in my collection.

Count me.. IN! : peace:

Good man! :yay:

It's times like this I wonder why Nintendo abandoned the gifting option.

You're joking me! I would have sponsored a few gifts to our fellow Pokécard Trainer champs in the making otherwise. :(

I've actually got a bit of a backlog again now (which I'm planning to increase today with NES Remix 2 :heh:) so yeah... I'm out. :hehe:

Have fun though. : peace:

Amigo, what? So there's only a gaming drought when it suits you eh?

Prints money but doesn't accept it. Weird. ::shrug:

Yeah, but I don't like Pokémon or card games, so... :heh:

Shantae & the Pirate's Curse

Shovel Knight

OutRun 3D

Afterburner 3D

Plus loads of SNES Virtual Console games I might get.

But you do like RPGs and you do like us (right?) so it balances in favour of you joining in. Yeah? Good. :D

--------------------------------

So I've looked into this and TCG consists of a tutorial, eight clubs (aka gyms) and the finale against the Grand Trading Card Masters (no doubt aka the Elite 4). You can attack the clubs in any order so I guess that means we can freestyle the game, cos depending on what starter deck we each pick, that will determine the order we generally will go through the clubs in. We'll hardly want to choose the same starter deck element and play the game identically.

Its a short game, about ten hours say.

How much time do you reckon you can put in a week? Could we do two clubs and have the game wrapped up in a month? Is that too much or two little? We need a happy medium to suit as many peoples free time as possible. I know some could have the whole thing knocked out over the weekend - or even tonight!- but let's think of others too. This doesn't need to be a race. :)

Ideally, we should all be attacking the Elite 4 at the same time.

Talk to me before I start @mentioning you all.

I jumped the gun a little and bought it just now, took the Fire starter deck and did the Grass club. Sorry...

I'm just rebattling the Grass club folks for booster packs now, til we work out whats happening.

Two clubs per week is waaayyyyy too slow... I've already beaten one and it's a short game in general. There's only 3 trainers and a gym leader in each club after all...

A club or two a day sounds like a good way :)

Edited by Dcubed

I jumped the gun a little and bought it just now, took the Fire starter deck and did the Grass club. Sorry...

I'm just rebattling the Grass club folks for booster packs now, til we work out whats happening.

Scoundrel!

Oh ok. Honestly, its been so long since I played it I can't remember the exact structure. Just the battle theme and losing a lot is all I mind. :indeed:

If its so short I don't mind us cranking up the pace. What if we aim to complete it in two weeks? (Insert Total Recall gif here.)

No, there's only a drought when there's a drought. :heh: Which as far as Nintendo hardware is concerned at the moment there most definitely is:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1651589&postcount=1

I just happen to have gone a bit crazy picking up games on other platforms to compensate. ;)

Traitor!

Real gamers comfortable with Nintendo's package don't feel the need to compensate. ;)

Seriously though, now we have something on 3DS to mess about with, you can postpone your other endeavours. :) After Pokémon Art Academy you must still be in pocket monster mode.

Two clubs per week is waaayyyyy too slow... I've already beaten one and it's a short game in general. There's only 3 trainers and a gym leader in each club after all...

A DAY! Taking things to the complete opposite extreme there aren't ya? :o The game can't be that short/ quick? I'm feeling more and more embarrassed that I wasn't able to complete it back on GBC. :blank:

Oh and what about @Ganepark32, have you checked this thread since you posted? Fancy playing along and finally beating it too? :)

2 weeks is pretty reasonable. It's not unexpected to do a club in an hour.

One club a day seems fine.

Can I have some of your free time?

I can only play a couple of hours during the week, have more time during weekends normally.

Can I have some of your free time?

I can only play a couple of hours during the week, have more time during weekends normally.

Well I don't get much free time during the week either... but the clubs are really short. You can beat them in like 15-25 mins if it goes well in each match...

I'd be cool with one every two days though :)

BTW: Diglett makes a total joke out of the Lightning Club :D

Edited by Dcubed

Loving this!:yay:

I decided to pick the fire pack at the start. Just like the original Pokemon game I needed my Charizard fix. I then spent a bit of time battling one of the scientist guys to get a few booster packs. I modified my deck a bit and then headed out for the Grass Club.

Once in there I battled Brittany for a few more booster packs and then headed for the main area. The first girl was a little tough but Kristin was a pushover. I beat her Tangela and she didn't have any more Pokemon. Instant victory! :D

Now, where's that Club leader....

Edit 1: Victory!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edit 2: I'm in the Water Club at the moment. I swept the first challenger to one side easily after I had modified my deck accordingly. The next person, Sara was a fun match.

We both only had one Pokemon and it was down to the wire. I knew her next attack would kill me so I used self destruct with Magnemite. This resulted in a draw match so it went to sudden death. She drew Dratini and I drew Magnemite and Voltorb. I gathered a couple of energy cards and she still only had one Pokemon. That being the case I just blew myself up again, taking her with me. I had Voltorb left which means I won the match. :D

Edit 3: Joshua was being a bit of a prick with his Lapras but I managed to get the win.

Amy, the club leader, was next. It was a very easy match. My Magnemite sweeped her team by using Thunder Wave. I got lucky with the coin tosses, which allowed me to stun her Pokemon. Eventually I evolved it to Magneton and it was game over from there.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
Edited by Hero-of-Time

The Pokémon craze passed me by because I've never been into RPGs or silly colourful monster games based on kids cartoons However.. since its from Nintendo's stable of gaming greatness I've always been curious. I think it could be the right time for Pokémon Trading Card Game to take its worthy spot in my collection.

Count me.. IN! : peace:

Good man! :yay:

Unforgivable :nono: I know it's impossible to @mention my name, but don't make up such vicious lies that I'd never say :heh:

Super Metroid > Donkey Kong Country 3

A bold claim, but probably not a good idea to bring it up in a Pokemon Trading Card Game thread, a game I've never seen in action or played ::shrug:

00373.png

Well, that's how they handled old school Jynx I guess. To compare, here's the original image

37.png

Edited by Serebii

How the fuck does this not have multiplayer, it's twenty-fucking-fourteen!

Man, really puts me off buying it and from praying for a Pokemon Puzzle Challenge re-release.

That being said, going to keep an eye out for every one's progress, have fun guys!