NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon TCG GBC Coming To 3DS eShop!

Electric is my other main element so far. Which I actually feel could be fun after duelling that NPC who has all the varieties of Pikachu. I want. :D I have a couple of Pika's and Raichu as well as Magnemite, Magneton and Zapdos.

Well done! :yay: The cards must have fell really luckily for you today. :wink:

Our next play through? Well, um, we'll decide on that when we get through this current play through. :heh: You may go work on your gamerscore for a week or two. :indeed:

For your Pikas you should try and get the level 14 ones. I had four of them on my team due to how useful it's Spark move is. It only costs 2 energy cards, hits for 20 damage and then another 10 on a card sitting on your opponents bench.

I wiped the floor using them during the final battles. Your opponents start using Pokemon that have high HP but just sit there, while in the background they are prepping their bench Pokemon. With Pikas move you will take out the Pokemon in play and either defeat or severely weaken them for when they do get played.

Haha. I got bored of raising my gamerscore once it past 200,000. My trophy level could do with some work though...:D

Then switched to Grass type purely because that was the type I had the most energy for and moved onto Rock. Enjoyed the grass stuff alot - managed to get a Nidoking and a Butterfree out together in one fight, then had a Venasaur more or less immediately in the leader fight and walked through it without incident.

I never used Nidoking once. I never felt the need to. I mean once you get Nidorino you get Horndrill attack that does 50 damage. I don't think I levelled any Pokemon up to the third level as the second phases seem to do enough damage, this allowed for more energy or potion/trainer cards to be used.

is just a YuGiOh ripoff

Not Magic? You went for a game that came out after Pokémon TCG?

Okay :blank:

I weeded out the Rattatas and Ratticates as I got a few boosters, the Machop and its evolution too. There's still a Diglett and Dugtrio and some fighting cards but they are just fodder if they come up during a duel, tbh.

I find Rattata to be surprisingly decent, since it can deal 20 damage with any energy, and it has no retreat cost. The low HP kills it, though, especially if you're going against a Fighting deck.

Diglett falls into the same category, being less versatile, but also a beast against Lightning decks.

Electric is my other main element so far. Which I actually feel could be fun after duelling that NPC who has all the varieties of Pikachu. I want. :D I have a couple of Pika's and Raichu as well as Magnemite, Magneton and Zapdos.

Can't argue with the Pikachus & Raichus. Magnemite/Ton are good, too, and fit well in a Fire deck.

Zapdos less so. Very situational, it needs 4 energies, needs to get lucky not to kill itself, too.

Starting to do ok in the game would you believe. The Diglett/trio will be getting the chop to make room for other more fitting cards. I think fire and electric could be a good enough combo. I have Omanyte and Omaster which I LOVED in Pokémon Red so would like to work it in sometime - probably to a new deck.

Fire/Electric is good. Fire is all about burning energy to inflict high damage, while Electric is more on the "Glass Cannon" side, but their respective weaknesses can be solved with the right Trainer cards. Plus, Electrics can also hit the bench to finish off loose ends.

Omanyte/Star need more dedication and building around to make work. They need the Mysterious Fossil card.

I gave an NPC a Rapidash card and they gave me nothing in return. What gives?

He'll ask for more cards later on. After 3 or so, he'll give you a promo.

I hope you have more Rapidashes, that card is awesome (Agility! No retreat cost!), it's worth it to evolve Ponyta right away, even without energies.

Not Magic? You went for a game that came out after Pokémon TCG?

Okay :blank:

is just a YuGiOh ripoff because thats the only other card game I've played much.

Sorry :heh:

Well, I still have 2 medals, but now I have the rest of today to play it. So I should be making some good progress now.

Being that I haven't had much time over the past couple of days and that I'm reviewing both this AND Pop 'n Twinbee this week; I have only got this far...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Having said that I have played it before but I will be continuing with this play-through as I get the time. : peace:

Really enjoying playing it all over again though as it had certainly been a while. :D

I'm not playing it. Don't intend to buy it I'm afraid.

Yeah I'm the same.

I currently don't have it but I'm considering using my Nintendo Premium code for it.

I've built two new decks in addition to my main Fire/Fighting deck now.

One that's around 50% Psychic, 25% Fire, 25% Grass and 100% awesome! (My, "Mind the Burnt Grass" deck)

And another that is made up of my leftover cards (Fittingly called... Leftovers!)

And it was my Leftovers deck that delt my sweet revenge to that little git in the Water Club who impeded my previous rampage...

So after all that struggle comes Amy...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Who gets completely whitewashed by the MTBG Deck thanks to some delicious damage counter reshuffling abuse (thank you Alakazam and Slowbro, you beautiful broken cards you! :D ), allowing everyone's favourite Scyther and Magmar cards to completely decimate her entire team singlehandedly :)

Of course before doing that I burnt the Grass Club to the ground with my starting deck (now lovingly called the "Deck" Deck - after all, where do you think I got all those psychic and grass PKMN cards from? ;) ).

And following that...

...Ronald and Imakuni? strike! Both fall reletively easily (admittedly thanks to a bit of saving-right-before-fighting-them abuse - no way would I want to do the Water Club again!!) and now its onto the first of the optional PKMN Card tournaments.

First to fall is Rob, who seemingly is still ANGRY!!! because he's sticking with his crappy Anger deck that doesn't have any decent Pokemon other than Charmeleon because he's using the rubbish GB Magmar card instead of the good Magmar card that I have two of in my Deck Deck :)

One down, two to go! :D (I should get back to finishing that off...)

Edited by Dcubed

...Ronald and Imakuni? strike! Both fall reletively easily

Imakuni is supposed to be easy, though :heh: He gives great rewards, though, so fight him whenever you see/hear him. The music changes when you enter the room.

First to fall is Rob, who seemingly is still ANGRY!!! because he's sticking with his crappy Anger deck that doesn't have any decent Pokemon other than Charmeleon because he's using the rubbish GB Magmar card instead of the good Magmar card that I have two of in my Deck Deck :)

Both Magmars exist in the real-life TCG. Fire Punch!Magmar is Base Set, while Smog!Magmar is Fossil Set.

Both are useful for different reasons, but SmogMar gets more love, and generally regarded as one of the best cards of its time.

Imakuni is supposed to be easy, though :heh: He gives great rewards, though, so fight him whenever you see/hear him. The music changes when you enter the room.

Both Magmars exist in the real-life TCG. Fire Punch!Magmar is Base Set, while Smog!Magmar is Fossil Set.

Both are useful for different reasons, but SmogMar gets more love, and generally regarded as one of the best cards of its time.

I'm not a fan of SmogMar myself. Too much luck involved... (though he's a great choice for a walling/stalling deck! Combine him with someone like Slowbro or Alakazam and you'll piss off your opponent in no time flat ;) )

Base set Magmar OTOH is a reliable (if somewhat expensive) basic sweeper that can utterly wreak havoc in the early game :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed

I'm not a fan of SmogMar myself. Too much luck involved...

Base set Magmar OTOH is a reliable (if somewhat expensive) basic sweeper that can utterly wreak havoc in the early game :hehe:

True dat :) I love Base Magmar, so fun, so strong, so fire. Also frail, unfortunately.

SmogMar is good because he's good at stalling (while you're preparing your strategy/counter). And if the opponent also starts doing that, just poison that bitch.

Well, I spent most of last night working on this game.

I got a few booster cards from the Lightning Club and made a lightning deck called the "I hate your bench" deck. And steamrolled through the water club.

zlCfzSKiPR00aD8Pgo

Fossil Series Raichu is one hell of a card! 30 damage with 10 to up to 3 bench Pokemon? YES PLEASE!

I won the promotional Mewtwo card in the Challenge Tournament and made a psychic deck with it. (It's called "Think about my" deck) which I then used to tackle the Science club. Because Science is apparently a type in this...

zlCfzSKiR0gRIGvXRJ

Seeing as his deck causes all sorts of annoying status effects, I mainly used Snorlax and had Gengar using Curse while on the bench when appropriate. Why overkill when you can move damage counters around?

During my Science club tirade, I got 2 Dragonairs. So I modified my Normal deck ("Just a bog-standard" deck) and took on the Psychic Club.

zlCfzSKiT_QmRtc38_

Murray has a tough deck. Mr. Mime and Alakazam with Pokemon Centers are an annoying combo.

But a Dragonair spamming Hyper Beam is even more annoying! It was just a case of constantly getting rid of his energies with Hyper Beam until he ran out of cards. (Why do you have a Professor Oak card in a stalling deck?)

I know it looked close, but it was really all according to plan. I made sure I had more cards than him at all times.

Report in, guys! How's your attempt at becoming a Trading Card Master started out? Any club badges earned?

Chose the Charmander starter deck, beat the grass club and started working on the science club.

Forgot how addictive the game is. Also makes me want to go out and buy some cards. Probably all part of Nintendo's plan.

zlCfzSKiT_QmRtc38_

Murray has a tough deck. Mr. Mime and Alakazam with Pokemon Centers are an annoying combo.

But a Dragonair spamming Hyper Beam is even more annoying! It was just a case of constantly getting rid of his energies with Hyper Beam until he ran out of cards. (Why do you have a Professor Oak card in a stalling deck?)

I know it looked close, but it was really all according to plan. I made sure I had more cards than him at all times.

I love using a "I hate your bench" Deck against eevilMurray. He waits a bit before bringing out the Pokémon Center, so you can take out his injured Pokémon on the bench before he heals them.

Speaking of such a deck, if you put a Defender on a healthy Magnemite, and self-destruct on the same turn, the Magnemite will not die, as he will only cause 20 damage to himself. Pulling off a couple of self-destructs near the beginning of a match is awesome.

You just need to, you know, keep an empty bench. No need for so much collateral damage.

@darksnowman

I've bought it but only completed the practice match so far! I picked the Charmander deck from the professor. I'm hoping to at least do the first badge by the end of the week.

Nidoking is sick.

Hell yeah! One awesome Pokemon there!

And the card is pretty sweet to boot!

Nidoking is sick.

Ususally, it's his opponents who get sick, so Nidoking only gets sick if he faces another Nidoking, really.

4xPoison for one energy!? What the effing eff!?

And why is he psychic?

S'all about Crobat Prime bitches.

295036.jpg

SWEET JESUS!! How is that even legal? :o