NEurope
The Peeps

The Long Night Mafia

Tales was the only one who could protect from kills and he protected Sméagol that phase

I was a protector on odd phases, the only killer on even phases.

If you guys could lynch me, the mafia would not be able to have more kills.

Out of curiosity, Peeps, who stopped my kill on Night 2? The protector? And who was it, Rummy?

I think probably another Mafioso would have got the ability to kill in that case, at least it's unusual for one death to outright win the game.

I never roleblocked as town because the Mafia weren't killing anyone. In hindsight I could have stopped Jonnas, but it seemed odd that the Mafia weren't killing anyone so I suspected some other quirk in play.

I never roleblocked as town because the Mafia weren't killing anyone. In hindsight I could have stopped Jonnas, but it seemed odd that the Mafia weren't killing anyone so I suspected some other quirk in play.

Hey, even if we weren't killing dudes, we were definitely doing something to fulfill our own ends. Ya coulda stopped any of our actions, if you already suspected us.

In the end, if you don't throw the dart, you'll never hit (or so goes that Dutch saying Sméagol told me about).

I didn't throw any dart, and I still hit. :p

Well, I figured you out, if anything my death should have given the town more reason to believe me. It's a shame they weren't more active.

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah I just couldn't get to grips with this game. I honestly didn't have a clue who was what, so I couldn't input much!

Kudos for mixing it up and for running it Peeps.

Interesting game, very much enjoyed it. Was a tracker and thought I'd had Jonnas(on a hunch) or Cube(by info) pegged, just when I started to think it was both of them I ended up getting killed! I think it was a very interesting mechanic style, especially with the limited discussion and getting info out(Smeagol used a trick I was hoping to bust out later, though). Haven't followed it since I died, but given it looks it went to a stalemate I'd think to argue that as a point of balance :p

Not a stalemate as such. The town failed to lynch anyone and gave up even voting in the final phases. It was only a matter of time before the mafia killed them all :p

I didn't throw any dart, and I still hit. :p

Well, I figured you out, if anything my death should have given the town more reason to believe me. It's a shame they weren't more active.

More like you pointed at the dartboard, but didn't roleblock it :heh:

I didn't just kill you willy-nilly, mind you, I waited until the focus was on somebody else (Cube, as it were).

More like you pointed at the dartboard, but didn't roleblock it :heh:

So easy to say these things when in possession of the info though.

My choice to not roleblock wasn't out of lack of guts, conviction or anything else. It genuinely seemed like there was something odd going going on since only Jimbob had been killed throughout many phases, and that was right after he revealed his role to everyone. In this circumstance it seemed better not to do anything that might cause people to know my role, if that might be required to kill. Of course if I was an info gatherer I would have acted differently.

Turns out it was just standard killing but on alternate days though.

Not a stalemate as such. The town failed to lynch anyone and gave up even voting in the final phases. It was only a matter of time before the mafia killed them all :p

The stalemate was between me and Jonnas. The town couldn't decide which one of us to lynch, and their votes became split.

I thought it was pretty standard to end a game when the Mafia equalled the number of townies, purely to avoid potential stalemates or boring conclusions?

If the mafia equals townies, then no mafia lynch can occur. Makes sense to end it when the number's the same.

Sheikah splitting the votes was awesome, definitely.

I guess someone could redirect a kill, but if that role is no longer out there then you could just give Mafia the win.

My method is usually "when town can no longer get majority", which isn't always equal due to double voters.

[..]

In the end, if you don't throw the dart, you'll never hit (or so goes that Dutch saying Sméagol told me about).

I did? It´s literally "if you don´t shoot, you always miss". Nothing specific about darts :p.

[..]

(Smeagol used a trick I was hoping to bust out later, though)

[..]

Asking someone to ask you something?

Yeah, I thought the post restriction would make for some fun tactical posting, but that´s no use if people aren´t active. I suggested in the first post of the game, a post I technically wasn´t allowed to make, that everyone should make use of that one post they´re allowed, but some even didn´t manage that. Maybe the 24 hour phases were a bit too short, but I suspect people simply lost interest from the start, since "discussion" was hard to manage. Then people didn´t even read the few posts that were up there.. Like Cube said, he should´ve been lynched, I tried for 3 phases straight. I blame Mr-Paul mostly :p. After Eevil refused to ask me about my info, it was apparent he gave up, and I can´t blame him, and that´s when I gave up. There were not enough active townies to make a lynch happen.

Personally I thought the scumnag team consisted of Cube, Yvonne, and ReZ. My (apparently accurate) report on Jonnas threw me off, that´s why I trusted him. I would´ve gone for Yvonne next personally.

I personally like the instant nature of abilities, I mean, I used it in my Riot games and I even wanted to use it in my very first game, so hopefully people are more used to it by now ;). I sent most of my targets pretty early, I assume that report on Yvonne was the only one tampered with? Did you choose what would go in the report, or did Cube had a hand in it?

Anyway, it´s a shame it turned out like this, but at least we now know it doesn´t work ;).

Cube actually tampered with a lot of results, he's another player who did really well to send in targets every phase (I think he actually did send them every phase). I'll post it up later if I remember :p

I picked the tampered results at random