Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

Gaming Podcasts: A Thread about Listening to Others

15 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Pretty decent Top Ten video here. :D

Well, that's wrong because...

Spoiler

Pokémon Gold/Silver are better than Red/Blue in every way. I would have said Crystal, but that's Game Boy Colour only and I get the feeling they weren't counting those kind of games.

Also not a big fan of Kirby's Dream Land 2. That game outstays it's welcome, in my opinion. It's certainly not bad though.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, that's wrong because...

Spoilers for the video. (Hide contents)

Pokémon Gold/Silver are better than Red/Blue in every way. I would have said Crystal, but that's Game Boy Colour only and I get the feeling they weren't counting those kind of games.

Also not a big fan of Kirby's Dream Land 2. That game outstays it's welcome, in my opinion. It's certainly not bad though.

That's why I said pretty decent. ;)

I agree that there were a couple of games that could have been swapped out, it's a mostly "safe" top ten video I'd say but still good. :D

Definitely the absence of one of my favourite game series in there as well, but the game wasn't perfect in many ways so I understand why it's not in there... mostly. :p

I'd like to see them do a GBC top ten as that would definitely be a trickier one to score I reckon. :peace:

We should totally do some community and staff based N-E top ten thing at some point, pretty sure we did an overall one but I mean a format focused list. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I think they only included old-school GB games. Not even the ones that were optimized for the GBC. You can tell from the way they excluded Wario Land 2, or Link's Awakening DX.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I think they only included old-school GB games. Not even the ones that were optimized for the GBC. You can tell from the way they excluded Wario Land 2, or Link's Awakening DX.

Yeah, that did strike me as weird. Apart from the warping glitch, DX is just a better choice of game.

If that's the case, then I guess I can overlook it...

...this time.

Anyway, @S.C.G this "format focused" top ten list idea, what do you mean by that? Like, best games on a console, or best racing games, etc?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, @S.C.G this "format focused" top ten list idea, what do you mean by that? Like, best games on a console, or best racing games, etc?

Well, mainly top ten on any particular Nintendo console, we could cover them all over time though...

...let's start with the obvious choice first though, the Virtual Boy. ;)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Well, mainly top ten on any particular Nintendo console, we could cover them all over time though...

...let's start with the obvious choice first though, the Virtual Boy. ;)

I quite like this idea. If you don't mind, perhaps I could start a thread tomorrow kicking this off? (With credit going to you, of course) Maybe with the NES though. Virtual Boy is far too nuanced for the filthy peasants around here.

I guess we should run it by the rest of the staff though.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I quite like this idea. If you don't mind, perhaps I could start a thread tomorrow kicking this off? (With credit going to you, of course) Maybe with the NES though. Virtual Boy is far too nuanced for the filthy peasants around here.

I guess we should run it by the rest of the staff though.

Sounds good to me. :p

It will be interesting to see which games we end up with, especially as there are a fair few unsung titles on the NES. :peace:

Even for all the times they have been re-released, there's still a few surprises on that platform when it comes to its games library. :smile: