NEurope
Goron_3

Gaming Podcasts: A Thread about Listening to Others

8 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I actually don’t mind him and think he knows his stuff, but he has to have an opinion on everything and doesn’t let people express themselves.... I stopped listening months and months ago, maybe 6. Has he got better?

Haha. Not at all. If anything he has gotten worse.

I think the problem is that there's really only him and James who actually play stuff. Jon and Gui don't ever seem to finish games and the ones they do finish are just little arcade type games that can be finished in an hour or so. It's then left to James and Greg to keep the conversation going.

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha.. I saw this at the weekend. Surely everyone will use Huber for backing vocals..? :grin:

I figured I should listen to some podcasts whilst running. 

What is the best Nintendo and PS4 one to listen to?

24 minutes ago, Blade said:

I figured I should listen to some podcasts whilst running. 

What is the best Nintendo and PS4 one to listen to?

Best Nintendo one is Radio Free Nintendo. They have been doing it for years, have a fantastic chemistry, sometimes cover other consoles a little bit and aren't afraid to be critical towards Nintendo.

Nintendo Voice Chat is another alright but they tend to be very biased and the shows are only on for an hour, meaning a lot of stuff doesn't get covered. I class it more as a more casual show.

Easy Allies and Frame Trap are probably the best podcasts to cover everything. They discuss recent news, play a few games and give off good vibes. They tend to rotate the staff each time, with Kyle and Brandon always being on Easy Allies podcast and Ben always hosting Frame Trap.

After Colin left Kinda Funny, I have yet to find a decent Playstation podcast. I tried listening to Beyond but, outside of Marty Sliva, the people on there don't really have the history or a clue about Playstation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Blade Radio Free Nintendo also gets my vote. I listen to it every Monday (and have done so for the last few years). It's always superb.

• Thanks 1

@Blade Radio Free Nintendo gets another thumbs up, but I also like the Power Pros Podcast which is more concise, gives updates on collectibles as well as games, and generally their weekly topic is informatively current.

12 minutes ago, nekunando said:

@Hero-of-Time@S.C.G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=908TyYI3skA

Am I crazy..? How do you embed YouTube videos on the new forum..?

Copy, the URL (just like you did) then paste it directly into the reply box and it should autoconvert (like it has now) really not sure why I didn't work for you though? :hmm:

Either way, this is literally the next video I had planned to watch, so I'm going to right now! :D

• Like 2

Thanks for the tag but I won't be watching it. I find stuff like this far too cringed to enjoy. I knew as soon as the stakes/punishment was discussed that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch it. :D 

Radio Free Doesn't get my vote :D When Metts left and butts-in-every-5-seconds greg joined I just couldn't listen to it anymore. I actually like Greg, but his constant interruptions and must have an opinion on everything is too over-powering. Haven't listened for months though.

I love IGNs podcast to be honest :D So much so I now watch the youtube version. I actually like power pros podcast!!

Love the rap Kyle came up with. Love it whenever EZA does silly things like these.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks for the tag but I won't be watching it. I find stuff like this far too cringed to enjoy. I knew as soon as the stakes/punishment was discussed that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch it. :D 

They're all actually really good :hehe:

If you just watch Huber during Don's rap you'll laugh.. even with the sound off!

Love those guys :grin:

17 minutes ago, nekunando said:

They're all actually really good :hehe:

If you just watch Huber during Don's rap you'll laugh.. even with the sound off!

Love those guys :grin:

Nah. I just can't stomach it. I was the same when they had that improv music section at the start of the podcast for a few episodes. I was happy when many complained that it was too cringe worthy and thankfully they dropped it.

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah. I just can't stomach it. I was the same when they had that improv music section at the start of the podcast for a few episodes. I was happy when many complained that it was too cringe worthy and thankfully they dropped it.

I didn't like the songs on the podcast either and not everything they do is bang on but I really enjoyed these raps :grin:

How to you feel about them getting out of a Frame Trap..?

15 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I didn't like the songs on the podcast either and not everything they do is bang on but I really enjoyed these raps :grin:

How to you feel about them getting out of a Frame Trap..?

I don't mind that. It's just singing/rapping in general when done by people who actually can't do it doesn't sit right with me.

Actually, I do have issues when Blood breaks out of a Frame Trap. He's clearly not the most creative type and it just comes off as awkward. Same when they do the betting specials as their alter egos. I don't think he's comfortable doing the silly stuff and wouldn't be surprised if that's why he tried to reset the betting specials so only Kyle and Huber had to dress up.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't mind that. It's just singing/rapping in general when done by people who actually can't do it doesn't sit right with me.

Actually, I do have issues when Blood breaks out of a Frame Trap. He's clearly not the most creative type and it just comes off as awkward. Same when they do the betting specials as their alter egos. I don't think he's comfortable doing the silly stuff and wouldn't be surprised if that's why he tried to reset the betting specials so only Kyle and Huber had to dress up.

Haha.. that's definitely why he did it (and I kinda wanted him to win for that very reason)

The earlier betting specials at GT seemed so funny and, while I still really enjoy them, sometimes it gets a little too ridiculous!

I'm starting to go off Andrea Rene a little bit, at least based on her appearances on Kinda Funny. Her ludicrous rules for GOTY and how she often presents her opinions as fact is starting to grate. She can be quite rude to Greg as well at times.

I found this week’s podcast especially funny at times.

Highlight had to be from 57:05 up until the introduction of podcast half time; Kyle’s such a troll :laughing: 

(Side note: I was also a big fan of the food raps)

Edited by Julius Caesar

I see there's a fair few amount of people who are abandoning their patreon donations for the Easy Allies guys purely because Jones has done a guest appearance on Colin Moriarty's podcast. What a sad bunch of idiots. :nono:

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2017 at 1:06 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I see there's a fair few amount of people who are abandoning their patreon donations for the Easy Allies guys purely because Jones has done a guest appearance on Colin Moriarty's podcast. What a sad bunch of idiots. :nono:

Yeah, I don't even get that... I mean obviously people can do what they want, it's their money etc etc and if they decide to stop being a Patreon then that's fine I suppose. ::shrug:

But of all the reasons to stop supporting Easy Allies, I'm quite surprised that people would use this as an excuse...

Although thinking about it, it's more a case of "I'm shocked... shocked! Well not that shocked" as nothing surprises me anymore. :indeed:

To think that it all stemmed from a relatively harmless tweet - possibly ill-advised in retrospect - but an ultimately harmless tweet which was clearly quite joking in nature.

(from my perspective anyway, I really don't pay much mind to these kinds of things and I only just bothered to find out what all the "fuss" was about) :p

You could say that it's all...

...kinda funny. :cool:

(not the outcome of someone having to quit their livelihood but more the general overreaction of people)

In any case, I'll still be keeping my pledge, Easy Allies for *life. :peace:

And incidentally my notification just came in to tell me that the next edition of the Easy Allies podcast is just in - for Patreons anyway - so that's my evening sorted.

Love and Respect. :heart:

*"life" turned out to be two and half years, as I found a much better reason to cancel my pledge, one which was easily justified.

Edited by S.C.G
In retrospect this really is "kinda funny" as I cancelled my pledge almost two years ago.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hell yeah.

Watched the first half last night and the second half this morning. Loved Huber getting a little reckless with the conditions of one of the bets :grin: