NEurope
Goron_3

Gaming Podcasts: A Thread about Listening to Others

As expected, Brad has joined LSM and will be hosting their new show.

Good get for them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

As expected, Brad has joined LSM and will be hosting their new show.

Just a day after his last appearance on the EZA podcast was uploaded (recorded a few weeks ago), but he did change his Twitter bio, start plugging his Twitch, etc., the last few days, so like you say, not at all unexpected given he's got friends there. 

Will definitely be checking it out purely to see what Brad's getting up to, sounds like a spiritual successor to Frame Trap (albeit hosted elsewhere), so naturally I'm in :peace: excellent name too! 

Anyways, really, really hope they have some guests, and naturally, I'm praying that Huber gets to turn up at some point if they do :D

Good get for them. 

Absolutely.

He was a huge part of EZA just continuing on with reviews, etc., at a somewhat typical cadence this past year, and really stepped up to the plate after Ben left last summer with hosting Frame Trap. I've been revisiting the Hall of Greats stuff the past few weeks and the difference between Brad during some of these sessions and now, or comparing past Frame Trap appearances as a guest to his role as a host, is pretty much night and day. 

Not even going to bother checking what the reactions are like elsewhere to him making the move, because I can already guess what it's like – I'm just happy he got a chance to make a quick move to maintain some stability for himself. 

EDIT: HOLY SMOKES 4+ HOURS FOR THE DEBUT EPISODE?! Already longer than any episode of Frame Trap from what I can remember off the dome. Weekly too. We eating gooooooood :D

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

Sat and watched Summoning Sign this evening (skipped the start and went straight to the conversation about games). Really enjoyed it. I think this is the first podcast I've listened to for a year or so. Brad seems to have adjusted to his new role, setting and co workers with no issues. 

There were a couple of games that were mentioned by Colin that I'm wanting to play. Gravity Circuit has been on my wishlist for a while but I've never heard of Bat Boy. I'll certainly be checking it out.

When Brad talks about Hogwarts Legacy being one of his fav games of the year, it was interesting to hear that he got grief from the EZA audience when he reviewed it. It's situations like that which probably helped him make the decision to walk away.

I think Dustin and Brad will have some good conversations going forward. I love Colin's insight into the industry and how he can distance himself from hype cycles but this always made it hard for Dustin to have an excited conversation about certain games. I think this is where Brad will fit in nicely. 

Not sure if I'll continue to listen to it going forward but it was certainly a very strong opening episode.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

When Brad talks about Hogwarts Legacy being one of his fav games of the year, it was interesting to hear that he got grief from the EZA audience when he reviewed it. It's situations like that which probably helped him make the decision to walk away.

Slight correction, which in fact I think makes the situation that bit more crazy: Brad didn't even review Hogwarts Legacy; in fact, no-one over at EZA did.

The only time I can recall Brad - or anyone, actually - talking about playing the game after release was in an episode of Frame Trap, which came with a very clear message from Blood before it was talked about (which is what the video below is linked to). 

Strange the blowback it got even with that long disclaimer from Blood at the time, but in retrospect, it was just the very vocal minority of their audience pushing things too far. I do think there are boundaries individuals need to draw, but I feel so much of this has been spoken about here before - with Red Dead 2, LEGO Star Wars, and Hogwarts Legacy. It is down to the individual, and so long as they don't support, condone or spread the message that people involved with the creative side may be putting out there, I don't think there's a problem with it ::shrug:

Life is far too short for stuff like this, I'll never get it. The crazy thing is that everyone at EZA has and always have been very consistent in their handling of sensitive subjects like that - remember when they talked about BLM back in 2020 and they told any "fans" sticking around who were against that to do one? Man, vocal minorities really suck :blank:

• Like 1

@Julius the fact that you didnt say "Begin correction music" is disappointing. :p

Yeah, it was my mistake. I listened to that section again and he says when he covered it on Frame Trap, not reviewed it. 

• Haha 1

I'd been planning on downloading all the Giant Bombcast episodes for a while now since their most recent buyout and lack of trust of the new owners. Looks like someone uploaded them all as a torrent recently so that's going to make my life so much easier.

It's nearly the end of January, which means the Easy Allies GOTY Deliberations have arrived!

...yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be checking this one out, or if I do it's going to be a slow chip rather than my huge gulp approach. 

Not sure what Gabby's doing here, but then skimming the comments, it seems like she might actually belong there more than some of the others at this point, having played some of the bigger shout GOTY contenders this year when others haven't. The comments spoil their GOTY, but honestly, if you look at the Allies left and what they choose to play/prioritise over other new games, as well as the noisiest ones here...I don't think it's that much of a surprise. 

Can't believe they decided to wait another month until after Brad left to hold these and not find a way to have him back, he played and reviewed more new releases last year than anyone else left, and even with the additional month, it seems "no-one has time to play everything" is getting thrown around. Hoo boy. 

Regardless of whether or not I check this out, I think it's time to revisit some of their old GOTY deliberations. One last good excuse to take a trip down memory lane :D

History repeats itself. Once again, GX/Andre showing how garbage they are and has learnt nothing since GVG formed.

I starting watching the Monkey Island video last night and was quite surprised how Danny's experience was just like my own. I played the first two games on my Amiga 600, skipped the 3rd game because I didn't have a PC and then played the 4th game on my PS2. 

Last ones I got were the 3D series on MacOS of all places. Monkey Island is iconic and I wish there was more of it on the eShop but at least there's a good selection of point-and-click games on there as it is. Want to get the new one though I worry I've been away from MI so long I'll be oblivious to any references to past escapades.

Kyle Bosman delivering on yet another Easy Allies bet...nearly three years on.

By walking around a park dressed as Batman. 

A true man of his word :laughing:

• Haha 1