NEurope
Goron_3

Gaming Podcasts: A Thread about Listening to Others

Just now, S.C.G said:

Huber Syndrome E3 Special has to be one of the best videos I've seen though all of E3. :D

It may well have been topped by one other video though... *drumroll*

...yes, you guessed it ;)

It's THAT time of year again. :grin:

Top tier carpet analysis from Easy Allies, the best in the biz. :cool:

• Haha 2

Haven't watched Huber Syndrome yet but the carpet review was hilarious. Ian peddling his drugs had me in stitches and Don going on about anti-aliasing on the carpets killed me. Great stuff.

• Haha 2

EZA have passed $50K on Patreon for the first time, meaning that a studio is within reach (so long as this can be sustained).

On the one hand, I’m really going to miss Brandon’s garage if and when they move. It’s just so homey! But, in the other hand, I suppose it’s about time he got his garage back...exciting times! :D 

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2018 at 8:02 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Hallelujah!

Personally I loved her, thought she did a great job. Especially hosting all the E3 live shows

What in the blue hell was going on with NVC this week? If the show couldn't get any worse they now decided to drop a 3-4 min advert of Wolfenstein in the middle of it. It  may be fine to do that on the YouTube version where you can see footage of the game but they could have at least edited it out of the audio version. All I could hear is random character chatter, along with gun fire and explosions. The show is just a train wreck at this point.

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What in the blue hell was going on with NVC this week? If the show couldn't get any worse they now decided to drop a 3-4 min advert of Wolfenstein in the middle of it. It  may be fine to do that on the YouTube version where you can see footage of the game but they could have at least edited it out of the audio version. All I could hear is random character chatter, along with gun fire and explosions. The show is just a train wreck at this point.

I still love NVC and Filip is getting much better, slowly. Also I could listen to Peer talk about Nintendo for hours, so his inclusion is always nice.

They've moved to a live show now, so that might be why they take a few minutes break in the middle. Agree it should be edited out for audio listeners though.

I've just found out that Colin Moriarty has started doing a PlayStation podcast again. I'm well happy. I've yet to find any PS podcast that has a host that knows his stuff more than Colin, so I'm happy that he's decided to make his return.

• Like 1

Check out this new Nintendo podcast I've recently subscribed to.

British hosts and every bit as good as NWR, in the same vain that they're not afraid to bash Nintendo when necessary. Only at episode four now, but it feels like they've been doing it for years, top banter and good knowledge of Nintendo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've listened to all the episodes so far but I didn't mention it out of respect for N-E. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Check out this new Nintendo podcast I've recently subscribed to.

British hosts and every bit as good as NWR, in the same vain that they're not afraid to bash Nintendo when necessary. Only at episode four now, but it feels like they've been doing it for years, top banter and good knowledge of Nintendo.

Do you accept PayPal for your bribe or would you prefer a cheque..? :grin:

Honestly, though, thanks for the positive words. We'll be doing our best to improve where we can as much as possible going forward but it's nice to know that we must be doing something right :smile:

Obviously there is an issue we're wary of with relation to the origins of those involved, hence why we haven't been pushing it here, but it's also difficult not to want the people you've been communicating with for over a decade about Nintendo to not know about a project we've been contemplating for a while.

• Like 4

Easy Allies 50 hour beach house gaming stream is just starting now on Twitch. Last years was fantastic and this years line up looks interesting. They are starting with Metal Gear Solid and then games like Resident Evil 3 ( Huber playing it and with Damiani watching who has never played it before ), Mega Man Soccer ( always wanted to play it ), Kirby's Air Ride, Sonic the Fighters and of course Mario Party. 

Im certainly going to be watching a lot of these, especially the Resident Evil 3 playthrough. Huber's commentary will be legendary.

Just finished watching the latest NVC. Sufficed to say Zac is not only 100x the host Filip was, but he's just a generally perfect fit for the role.

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Easy Allies 50 hour beach house gaming stream is just starting now on Twitch. Last years was fantastic and this years line up looks interesting. They are starting with Metal Gear Solid and then games like Resident Evil 3 ( Huber playing it and with Damiani watching who has never played it before ), Mega Man Soccer ( always wanted to play it ), Kirby's Air Ride, Sonic the Fighters and of course Mario Party. 

Im certainly going to be watching a lot of these, especially the Resident Evil 3 playthrough. Huber's commentary will be legendary.

Finding it very difficult to tear myself away from this Metal Gear Solid playthrough - I should really be going to bed but it's just so bloody captivating. They're at Vulcan Raven at the moment and having trouble putting their plans into action.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Just finished watching the latest NVC. Sufficed to say Zac is not only 100x the host Filip was, but he's just a generally perfect fit for the role.

Yeah, he was great on last weeks show as well. I'm hoping they just let him run the show on a regular basis. It seems everyone likes him. 

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Finding it very difficult to tear myself away from this Metal Gear Solid playthrough - I should really be going to bed but it's just so bloody captivating. They're at Vulcan Raven at the moment and having trouble putting their plans into action.

I got just past the Ocelot fight but had to call it a night. I was pretty tired and decided to have an early night. I'm paying for it now because I awake earlier than expected, hence posting at half 4 in the morning. :D 

The MGS playthrough is definitely one I wanna watch all the way through. What I seen of it was hilarious.

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Just finished listening to it now. The way they kept bringing up The Wizard was hilarious. :D 

The sales banter, even though brief, was enjoyable and they made a point that lots of people tend to forget in that Nintendo's handhelds are the thing that has kept them afloat all these years. Colin also made this point during the GameCube Knockback episode. This is exactly why it made sense to many of us why a hybrid was the way to go for them, especially when they favour their home market.

The episode, just like last weeks, just seem to flow much smoother and the conversations seemed genuine.

I'm sat catching up with some of the Easy Allies stuff and I'm watching Kyle playing Kirby Air Ride. Man, it's painful to watch. He hasn't a clue what he's doing and he's doing a disservice to this wonderful game. :( It's stuff like this why I don't watch gaming streams. I get too frustrated just watching them. :D 

Freaking love Kirby Air Ride. I've just sent a text to one of my mates asking him if he remembers the massive gaming session we had on it with two other lads. Great days.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How is it that none of the Allies know how to play Kirby Air Ride!? Get Damiani on. He's a Nintendo fan so surely he's played it before, right?

• Like 1

Gotta say that i'm disappointed with the EZA crew. For two weeks in a row now they haven't discussed what happened over the Dead Cells review with Filip. I'm not really a fan of them sidestepping these kinds of topics on their podcasts. They've done it a couple of times before and it's worrying that they won't talk openly about these types on things in the industry purely because they don't want to step on any toes. I was hoping to hear what their thoughts were on the issue and also get a discussion about reviews in gaming in general but clearly that's not going to happen. It kinda makes me feel less about them as a gaming outlet.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gotta say that i'm disappointed with the EZA crew. For two weeks in a row now they haven't discussed what happened over the Dead Cells review with Filip. I'm not really a fan of them sidestepping these kinds of topics on their podcasts. They've done it a couple of times before and it's worrying that they won't talk openly about these types on things in the industry purely because they don't want to step on any toes. I was hoping to hear what their thoughts were on the issue and also get a discussion about reviews in gaming in general but clearly that's not going to happen. It kinda makes me feel less about them as a gaming outlet.

I can see where you’re coming from, and I for one would certainly want to hear about their views on reviewing games, but let’s not forget that they have received a lot of heat from their audience for talking about controversial topics (off the top of my head, they talked about Pewdiepie last year and something to do with Bethesda and Nazis, neither of which went down particularly well with anyone) in the past. If I recall, Kyle felt uncomfortable bringing up a topic which panelists, or himself, might not know enough about to comment on, but then, of course, I’m sure they’d probably have plenty to talk about with this. Another part of me wants to say that it could still come up, and that they’ve just been waiting until the picture was clear to give some input, but I’m not sure. 

I just don’t think Kyle wants to get caught up in it, and I don’t blame him. I’m a little sick of hearing about it myself, having listened to it ad nauseam in podcasts since it happened. I think that they can talk about the important topic here - plagiarism - without really delving into what happened with Filip in particular, if that’s what is making them uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1