NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zell

Xpert 11 World Cup

Xpert 11 World Cup

Spain+world+cup+winners.jpg

Who will be crowned as the first ever Xpert World Champions?

Important Points - Please Read

1. Matchdays are Tuesday and Friday. Matches kick-off at 12pm BST. Why 12pm and not the usual 12:30? Well because I messed up and can't change it now. First match takes place on Tuesday 1st July.

2. Transfers are forbidden. Please use the squad of players you have been given. Money should only be spent on training players and win bonuses. Players from the Youth Academy are acceptable.

3. For any new players, I highly recommend reading up all the rules/FAQs and generally familiarising yourself with how the game works. There are a fair few guides on the web, but as a starter for 10 I would recommend reading @dan\-likes\-trees

@Dr\. bob

@flameboy

@Haden

@Jimbob

@Lucas3693

@MilaGi

@Nikos9

@RogerFederer

@Tales

@The Peeps

@Zell

Edited by Zell
Corrected errors and fixed formatting

I getting quite excited for this. Should be fun!

bra.png Brazil (Zell)

cro.png Croatia (dan-likes-trees)

eng.png England (Haden)

sui.png Switzerland (Roger Federer)

Fuuuccckkiing group of death!! I'll share match reports with someone poss?

Also, looovvve that the best player going the tourny is called 'Daniel Modric' - didn't even set that myself. Beautiful coincidence.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

My team is really awful but it works out because so are England! Will need a miracle to get through group stages I am tipping Croatia to go all the way.

Just to say with the thread to prepare I may be a bit busy to do reports but on a more positive note fantastic write up and thanks for organising this Zell!

My team seems pretty average so not sure what to expect as I get to grips with everything. Really looking forward to this all though :)

They're all average, that's the point.

Now we can see who the real best manager is (me), and not just the person who has bought the title.

They're all average, that's the point.

Now we can see who the real best manager is (me), and not just the person who has bought the title.

Who is it? Who is the best manager of all time?

Who is it? Who is the best manager of all time?

tumblr_inline_mn4ora2Gbc1qz4rgp.gif

Looking at the team, I don't understand why veterans choose to start over. How depressing :p

Also, looovvve that the best player going the tourny is called 'Daniel Modric' - didn't even set that myself. Beautiful coincidence.

Decent win today and it should be a tough game next round against Russia but I think we'll win that too :p

I may have lost today but I don't think my team played badly at all. More possession than the other team and had as many chances. The difference was two free kicks that Greece capitalised on. If we make a few tweaks I think I might be able to pull this off.

No idea how I beat Germany with a 4-2-4 formation...

How about we take two groups each? I'll let you choose which ones since I won't be able to write any reports until Monday.

I may have lost today but I don't think my team played badly at all. More possession than the other team and had as many chances. The difference was two free kicks that Greece capitalised on. If we make a few tweaks I think I might be able to pull this off.

You were unlucky today. I bought the tactics report for your match and I was actually quite impressed with your tactics considering it was your first ever match. One thing I would say is that you perhaps shouldn't have substituted your best striker - he could have made the difference if he stayed on the whole match.

Good luck in your next game!

No idea how I beat Germany with a 4-2-4 formation...

I direct you to my write-up of Cameroon...

"Bob is a manager with a famous reputation for goalscoring, but Cameroon’s strength lies in their defence. That won’t stop Bob playing 4-2-4, and that may very well be Cameroon’s best option given their squad. If they can keep it tight at the back whilst maintaining an attacking style of play, then Cameroon are certainly capable of beating anyone in this group. A true wildcard."

I am a prophet.

Lost 3-1 to Mexico. Team didn't really seem to get going until was 3-0 down. Made it 3-1 with what looked like a consolation goal but another effort that missed to make it 3-2 could have set up a nervy end. Hmmmm time to sink a lot of money into training and have a rethink about tactics potentially I prefer a 4-3-3 but it didn't seem to work all that well.

I have two horrible 3-skilled keepers and the system sends me another two 3-skilled youths. It will be a miracle if I go through.

Close loss to Brazil today need to bounce back against the Swiss in the next game.

Bah. A draw against Mexico! Need to beat Ghana now and better Mexicos result against them to come top.

3620a747fc8e7c59cacea573b820-grande.jpg

Urghh. On the verge of an early exit. Must win game against Brazil to kick on. Revenge for the first game of real-life world cup.

Flummoxed by the earlier-than-N league kickoff. Was sorting out subs... and then the game had been played.

The press are calling to back Joseph gordon levvit!!

Croatia-coach-Niko-Kovac--011.jpg

My hot tip to win the cup is Switzerland. Good manager and three really good players for a solid spine. If they can get out of TheGroupofDeath

Bah. A draw against Mexico! Need to beat Ghana now and better Mexicos result against them to come top.

Looks there's home and away legs... I'll see you again at the Azteca for a Mexican standoff!

Oh really? That makes it a bit more exciting then.

Home draw against Russia... I don't think we'll be getting the same result away so I'm pegging them for the group winners with us hopefully in second!

Ghana down and out. Bit disappointing that all the goals came from set pieces 2 free kicks a penalty and a header from a corner. Out to beat Cameroon in last game and try and get some degree of pride back.

Ghana down and out. Bit disappointing that all the goals came from set pieces 2 free kicks a penalty and a header from a corner. Out to beat Cameroon in last game and try and get some degree of pride back.

err... you do know there are 4 games left right?

@Zell - havent started my reports still, but i might do group A&B unless youve started otherwise?

Got a win today that keeps me in the race to qualify. Those 3 Skill Keepers are really hurting Chile.

Still a pretty tight group right now.

Sign in to follow this