NEurope
the_villa

Favourite TV programs thread (its original!)

what are you favourite past and current shows/programs

My top 5 in no particular order

Mock Of The Week

I find the people who do the mocking of other people are funny.

Have I got News for you

I like the funny captions.

Wife Swap

Seeing the wifes at the end have ago at each other about the other husband who they stayed with.

Crystal Maze

I enjoyed it when it was on and seeing all the different puzzles they had to do.

QI

Learning interesting fact and hearing some of the funny answers that some of celebs come out with

you can describe how you like them but you dont have to.

this is my list of favorite tv shows atm:

1) Richard hammonds 5'o clock show. Its good because I just lie on my bed and watch it after a hard day at school.

2)me or the dog. I think watching those dogs are funny and the triainer looks like a right weirdo when she does that "AHAH!" thing to the dogs.

3) The Simpsons. They are always funny to watch, no matter how many times ive seen them, I don't watch it every night like I used to but I still watch it every so often.

4) The OC. Although corny at times its a cool show and great to watch, new episodes on e4! Yay

5) Lost, its a great drama and always confusing and thats why its so fun.

Veronica Mars

Come on, was anyone not expecting it?

Nip/Tuck

Dirty, shocking, controversial and entertaining enough to surpass the craziness.

Desperate Housewives

Light-hearted fluff, but in a good way. Gotta love those housewives.

Buffy/Ange/Fireflyl

Again, was anyone not expecting me to include it? (Lumped all three together so I can get more choices in)

Frasier

Pure comedy goodness.

Other notable inclusions:

Wonderfalls - killed too early, the plans for season two and three were relaly interesting

Friends - well you gotta ain't ya?

Ghost in the Shell: SAC - very complex but fun all the same

Sex and the City - a classic show that'll never get old

Becker - bitter, hateful and yet still amusing

American Dad

Arrested Development

Doctor Who

Family Guy

Futurama

Rome

Scrubs (season 5 is great so far!)

Simpsons

Top Gear

And I like stuff like Dexters Lab too >_>

There's a TV show which is based around the 24 hours of the life of a guy/government agency, where each episode is one hour long in real-time. There are 24 episodes. Season 5 is due to start tomorrow in the US, I think that season will have 24 episodes as well.

I can't remember the name, I think it's called "The Time Show" or something.

Other than that, i'm also a fan of Lost, The Sopranos and The Simpsons. There's countless others, but those are the big 4.

Well, this is a nice companion thread to the favourite movies. Let's see what we have here. I'll just throw in some of the stuff I've enjoyed past and present.

What can I say that hasn't already been widely broadcast about this incredible and addictive masterpiece? Great characters and fantastic pacing and twists meld to create what is arguably one of the best television shows you will ever experience. A must see, and for going so cheap over at Play.com you can't be without.

And with a new season starting tomorrow in the states, what better time to hop on the Bauer bandwagon for hour after hour of POWER?

The X-Files

Like 24, this one came and created quite an impact. I first started watching around season three, and I was hooked. Some amazing one-shot monster-of-the-week adventures, continual tasters of a titanic government/alien conspiracy, not to mention Mulder and Scully. I've recently gotten right back into this gem, and I cannot recommend it enough to anyone who has yet to experience the realm of extreme possibilities.

Lost

So greatly immersed was I, that I started to download the American episodes to continue learning more and more about this insane island our heroes have found themselves marooned on. It's a long time until season 2 kicks off here, so better get your Jordan on with this one guys.

Quantum Leap

What a premise. Scientist Sam Beckett tests his time travel experiment on himself and naturally it goes wrong, and he's sent to replace people in the past, righting wrongs in order to move on whilst guided by a holographic representation of Al, the Quantum Leap Project Observer, from the future. There are some great characters that Sam "leaps" into, including some famous faces and a few a little too close to Sam and Al's past and present for comfort. An especially touching final episode rounded off what was a great adventure through time. Oh boy.

Bottom

Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson at their most immature, perverse and downright hilarious. I can't remember laughing so hard at a comedy as when I first caught the chess episode of this. Might not be to everyone's tastes, but certainly something to look out for if it ever gets a regular timeslot on TV again. I was fortunate enough to see the most recent Bottom Live show in my town, an experience I won't ever be forgetting.

I guess I'll post more if I think of them, there are an awful lot.

Lost. It's the best.

::shrug: meh. its okay but overated. Its the "Friends" of dramas.

Smallville, I just like Superman and a modern retelling is refreshing, when they get it right.

CSI, I always liked this but never really paid much attention. I would always miss the beginning and then not really follow the rest. Since I've had TiVo however, I've really gotten into it, following character growth and underlying story arcs makes it even more intriguing, and somehow their constantly repeated formula never gets old.

Viva La Bam. 100 times funnier than Jackass. That guy is a genius.

24, I really wish I could be bothered to watch all of this. I've never seen any of season 2, I've seen half of season three and about 2/3 of season 1 five times. If I could sit down with the box sets, this would be nearer the top of my list. The brand new season starts here on Sunday and I'll be watching.

Lost, I really loved the first half of the first season. But... now I can't stand it. It's nonsense and the slowest moving show I've ever seen. However it's on here because the start of the show was great, and I needed another one to make 5.

There's a TV show which is based around the 24 hours of the life of a guy/government agency, where each episode is one hour long in real-time. There are 24 episodes. Season 5 is due to start tomorrow in the US, I think that season will have 24 episodes as well.

Other than that, i'm also a fan of Lost, The Sopranos and The Simpsons. There's countless others, but those are the big 4.

*high five*

Can't wait for the new series.

Animal hospital.

Rolf Harris - what more is there to say.

Xiaolin Showdown

Jack Spicer - what more is there to say.

Pokemon

Im not so keen on the new ones - pokemon chronicles. But, the original versions were classic and entertainig beyond belief. As were the movies.

Are you sure it wasn't called, "The Bus that Couldn't Slow Down"? ;)

Are you sure it wasn't called, "The Bus that Couldn't Slow Down"? ;)

Classic episode :D

As for me, It's all 24. Unfortunately we won't be having 24 until FEB..Those lucky yanks get it tomorrow :(

Other than 24, I watch..

QI

Have I got News for you

Nevermind the buzzcocks

Balderdash and Piffle

Friends

The Simpsons

I used to watch [and sometimes still do on Challenge] the Crystal Maze all the time.

Sometimes a bit of Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, Deal or No Deal.

Oh yes, I also really like Family Guy, much better than Simpsons imo, and Takeshi's Castle deserves a mention:heh:!

I cant remember bout favourite shows wen i was younger, but i'll say which are my favourite shows currently:

South Park - The funniest show ever i think, i just cant help myself from smiling throughout and most of the time im laughing real hard

My wife and kids - its just funny, sometimes it may go over the top but i still love it

viva la bam - teh crazyness! i wanna do some of the crazy stuff like that but money and other stuff restricts lol

Family guy - goes over the top way too much i think but then it has spots of pure hilarity that my sides frickin hurt cos i laugh so much, stewie kicks ass, one of the funniest characters ever created loll

love my anime shows too but they're not tv shows in my opinion

Lost

Threshold

Battlestar Gallactica

Family Guy

South Park

QI

Top Gear and of course

The X-Files

EDIT- Forgot about Red Dwarf(how could I forget that!)

Band Of Brothers

Family Guy

Dog the bounty hunter

Big Brother (shamed to say it)

Derren Browns shows (heist, seance, the one with the gun)

At the moment, there's only Desperate Housewives (just so funny, wheee), seeing as there's pretty much nothing else on tv (or I don't watch it).

Watched Lost, now have to wait for the second season. Watched some of Rome, but missed a couple of episodes; not sure yet if I'll try to watch the rest of it.

Wish I could still see The X-Files and Futurama, but they don't show that on tv here anymore I think. Yeah... Don't really have anything else; I'm sad.

1 My all time favourite: Macgyver

2 Not so far behind: Knight rider

3 The original TMNT (The new version that I saw was horrible)

4 24

5 OC

I suppose it's a slightly nerdy choice, but one of my favourite TV programs is Mind Games on BBC 4. The series ended yesterday, and I only saw 2 episodes (one by the free teleport replay service on telewest, one by watching it properly).

It's good.