NEurope
Zell

Xpert 11 World Cup - Recruitment Thread

It's that time once again for our annual Xpert Eleven recruitment drive!

For our off-season, we are doing something a little different - the first ever Xpert World Cup!

For those of you who don't know what Xpert is about, please read below a brief overview which I've adapted from a previous post by @Haden:

Xpert Eleven is a football manager game where you manage a fictitious football team. The idea behind the game is that you compete with your friends in a league that you create yourselves.

Your tasks as a manager include selecting your team, working out some cunning tactics to outwit your opponents during matches, training your players, buying and selling players on the transfer market and collecting money through sponsorship.

As you progress through the seasons, your team will age and develop. Part of the enjoyment from the game is seeing your team develop from a young team of no-hopers to a championship winning side.

It is a game that is simple to learn but hard to master. You don't need to be an *ahem* expert at football management or even have any knowledge of football to enjoy it, as @The Peeps (our league admin) will testify to. A lot of fun comes from developing your squad of players like you would in an RPG as well as some of the banter and rivalries that we have.

The N-E League is now nearing the end of its 31st season, which equates to nearly 7 years of existence. Currently we have 27 teams playing across 3 leagues.

We are a friendly community and always make new members very welcome. As we approach the end of current season, now is the perfect time for anyone interested in football management, tactical games or just wanting to be part of a historic playground game to join the fun!.

We play our games on Tuesday and Friday afternoons through the site http://www.xperteleven.com.

The invite link for the our league is here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

More importantly our thread is here: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54552

Thank you for reading.

Read all that? Good. Please read on!

Xpert World Cup

For those of you who are sitting on the fence about joining, why not sign up for our first ever Xpert World Cup as a try-before-you-buy?

Each participant would be representing one of the 32 countries currently competing in the real World Cup. The format will be the same as well - a group stage followed by straight knock-out. The overall winner being crowned as the first ever N-E Xpert World Champions!

The cup will last a maximum of 6 or 7 matches (roughly 3 weeks long) so this is not a huge commitment. Also, everyone will be managing brand new teams, so all teams will be roughly at the same skill level, giving everyone a fair shot of winning the cup!

We are looking for lots of new recruits, but also for any veteran managers who want another shot at glory, e.g. @Fierce_LiNk and @Mr_Odwin.

If you're interested, all you need to do is the following:

1. Sign up to Xpert Eleven

2. Join the World Cup League by clicking the invite:

Invite link here.

2. Choose your team name. When picking a team name, choose from any of the countries in the World Cup

3. Wait for further news/actions

Our regular season is coming to an end this Friday on the 27th of June. Ideally we would like to have 16 players signed up by then in order to get the cup started as soon as possible.

Thanks again for reading!

This is a good chance for a bit of fantasy football fun. It's only one season so you don't have to worry about building your team up. You get your team assigned to you and you're good to go! Everyone will be on the same level skill-wise so it will probably be the tactics that set you apart from the rest. Think you could do better than Hodgson? Put it to the test!

It says my team quota is full? Do I have to make a new account?

It says my team quota is full? Do I have to make a new account?

"To join a second private league where someone else is the league boss you must have been a member for at least 2 months and have an Xpert rating of at least 95."

You will have to be a VIP to get a second team I think. You can have an official league team for free and if you do a PR each week it gives you +1 on the xpert rating... other than that the only way to boost it is to recruit people but I don't know how much it adds on :p

So realistically you'll need to purchase VIP to get a second team in time for this (or make a new account).

Edited by The Peeps

So realistically you'll need to purchase VIP to get a second team in time for this (or make a new account).

Urgh. Is that not going to be a barrier to a lot of the regulars? I suppose i'll sign up with another account then.

EDIT: Cameroon all up in this bitch. Lets do this.

Edited by 130131301364

Ok I might have missed the boat for this but I'd love to return for the regular season hit me up when it's time. I played the first season but then gave up after that.

EDIT:

WOW I still remembered my username and password.

Edited by flameboy

Ok I might have missed the boat for this but I'd love to return for the regular season hit me up when it's time. I played the first season but then gave up after that.

EDIT:

WOW I still remembered my username and password.

Just to make clear this is a one off tourney but we and our admin Peeps always want more people to play in our regular league which carries on season to season.

The link is in the first post and I will put it again here:

The invite link for the our league is here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=120161

More importantly our thread is here: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54552

I am in as England I take it a transfer ban is in place to make it more realistic? My team is awful but I guess everyones is lol.

This league hasn't started yet and is just a one-off season (as far as I know?) so you still have time.

The n-europe league is about to finish its 31st season so if you're looking to get back into the game regularly you could also join that. The current season ends on the 29th and the next one will probably start in the first or second week of July.

This league hasn't started yet and is just a one-off season (as far as I know?) so you still have time.

The n-europe league is about to finish its 31st season so if you're looking to get back into the game regularly you could also join that. The current season ends on the 29th and the next one will probably start in the first or second week of July.

Ok well now I signed up for the World Cup it won't let me join the NE league as I'm allowed one team...once the World Cup is over will I be able to delete that team and sign up for the NE league. I will try out the World Cup and see how much I get back into it and hopefully rejoin the regular league after what 30 seasons out I guess lol...I definitely remember being in the first season unsure if I lasted past that.

I think season 32 will probably start before the world cup is over unless enough of the current managers object to the idea but there's always going to be the season after :p you can join mid-season and your team will be created but obviously you won't be able to take part in the ongoing season.

I think season 32 will probably start before the world cup is over unless enough of the current managers object to the idea but there's always going to be the season after :p you can join mid-season and your team will be created but obviously you won't be able to take part in the ongoing season.

Ok...well i'll see then. If I enjoy the World Cup would kind of kill my enthusiasm if I have to sit it out for a long time...how long a season a last?

I'm hoping to get us back up to 30 teams which is 3 divisions of 10 teams. So it would be 18 games each, 2 games a week = 9 weeks or 8 weeks if we stay as we are.

I guess teams that are eliminated in World Cup group stages could ask to join league early?

I guess teams that are eliminated in World Cup group stages could ask to join league early?

If the league hasn't started they're free to quit and join it if their team doesn't make it in the world cup league :)

Signed up as Netherlands. What is the rule with youths, I assume it's fine to accept them just no transfers?

That's not even my name! Therefore, I reject.

Tell me about it. Some people don't know how to use a simple honorific...

Anyone else being as sad as me and re-naming players?

I can't wait for Rooney to fail to get a hat trick!

World Cup Update - Please Read

A big thank you to everyone who has signed up so far. Currently we have 11 teams:

Brazil - Zell

Netherlands - @dan\-likes\-trees

England - @Dr\. bob

As it is unlikely we will fill all 32 spots, I am going to make this a tournament of 16, like the Euros.

Therefore, there are only 5 spots left to be filled.

Regulars that have not signed up so far include:

@Charlie, @Ellmeister, @Nikos9, @Tales, @DuD, @Rowan, @RogerFederer, @Esequiel, @dazzybee, @Lucas3693, @MadDog, @Agent Gibbs as well as others not registered on N-E.

If there are no major objections, once 16 teams have registered I will block any further applications and start the league.

Other important points:

1. My aim is to start the league in a week's time on Tuesday 1st July. I recommend that you start form training your squad tomorrow in time for the first match.

2. Transfers are forbidden. Please use the squad of players you have been given. Money should only be spent on training players and win bonuses. Players from the Youth Academy are acceptable.

3. For any new players, I highly recommend reading up all the rules/FAQs and generally familiarising yourself with how the game works. There are a fair few guides on the web, but as a starter for 10 I would recommend reading The Peeps' excellent Beginner's Guide and Video. You can also find more information on the Xpert website itself by going to the Rules page in the Help tab. And finally if you are unsure of anything or have any questions, please ask away! The worst thing is keeping quiet and consequently not enjoying the experience.

Thanks for reading!

Oh god, it's started already. My team are refusing to play unless I up the size of their bonuses.

Why did I go for Cameroon!?

Training commencing, new kits ordered. This will be a good tournament for the Korean's. And if it, hey ho.