NEurope
Yvonne

some mafia

votes:

3 - Shorty (Rummy, The Peeps, ReZourceman)

2 - Sheikah (Jonnas, Cube)

Not voting:

Sheikah

Shorty

Mr-Paul

Jimbob

Majority is 5.

Current lynch target is Shorty

Deadline is 1pm Monday 30th June.

Given Jonnas wants to send the votes down a different path (which conveniently never happened yesterday) despite a good chunk of players agreeing with this initial plan that just makes this lynch more credible.

Vote: Shorty

Would be very happy to punt Jonnas tomorrow based on both Shorty's result if he's town and his behaviour here. If Shorty is town, which Jonnas will know if he's Mafia, it would also totally explain Jonnas's sudden vote splitting to try and avoid his death the following day. Note that Jonnas's vote on me happened AFTER Shorty gave Jonnas as a RNG target. Even if Jonnas voiced concern over the plan before, his actual action of voting only came when it looked bad for him.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I don't know really, if we lynch Shorty and it turns out he's town, then what. Do we go for Jonnas, or Sheikah on that. After all it is Sheikah's idea to go down a random route. So far we've had a town result, so if Shorty turns out town then i say go for Sheikah.

I'm not sure at the moment, i'll flip a coin later and lay a vote down.

You can't blame Sheikah for random results. Shorty was picked randomly by a confirmed townie (Tales) and Jonnas was picked randomly by Shorty. That's how this strategy works. It's pure luck if we hit a mafia or not but I believe that this way we're more likely to hit a mafia before they reach majority than to go with inferred suspicion which leaves too much room for mafia interference. We're still picking things up from what people are saying and from voting patterns as well which has led me to believe that Jonnas is actually mafia anyway.

@Mr\-Paul, @Jimbob, what do you think?

Posted my thoughts on the previous page, but largely conflicted. Part of me feels like we do need to proceed with the Shorty lynch as we know that is a truly random choice, part of me feels we need to go for someone who voted for Tales as there's likely to be a mafia in there somewhere, but if someone proposes someone from that list, they might be mafia pushing us the wrong way.

At some point though, we do need to move from random selection to voting patterns and suspicions. Otherwise this isn't a mafia game, just a random selection in which we're hoping the mafia are chosen before too many townies are. But when does that point come? I think after the next lynch, probably.

So going for the Shorty lynch right now is probably the most sensible option, but I'm not voting just yet as I think the discussion we're having is healthy.

At some point though, we do need to move from random selection to voting patterns and suspicions. Otherwise this isn't a mafia game, just a random selection in which we're hoping the mafia are chosen before too many townies are. But when does that point come? I think after the next lynch, probably.

What, letting Jonnas off? Even if we ditched the RNG target then, I'd still propose Jonnas.

No, I'd probably suspect Jonnas the most at this point. I'm just not sure RNGing our way through the whole game is the best way, nor is it much fun.

I have been opposing this course of action for a while now, even if all I did at first was deflect discussion away from Tales. I would've made that big post regardless of whether the RNG picked me or not, so don't go questioning my integrity like that. I would admit it if all I was concerned for was my future lynch*.

*And mind you, if the plan keeps going and I'm lynched, the town will lose, because 3 townies out of 10 will have been eliminated. At that point, either the mafia stays with the plan or argue away from it to get the final townie lynched.

If you're judging my mafia-ness based on how much I oppose the lynch of Shorty, then take a quick at what Shorty did. He was ready to vote for an innocent Tales, simply because it was inevitable.

So, Shorty and myself had very different behaviours to similar situations, yet you're willing to lynch us both all the same. Surely you can see how unproductive that sounds?

If you're judging my mafia-ness based on how much I oppose the lynch of Shorty, then take a quick at what Shorty did. He was ready to vote for an innocent Tales, simply because it was inevitable.

So, Shorty and myself had very different behaviours to similar situations, yet you're willing to lynch us both all the same. Surely you can see how unproductive that sounds?

I honestly have no clue what point you're even making here. Is that supposed to be a defence?

You can't blame Sheikah for random results.

I'm voting for him because of how strangely he's acting. He's extremely reluctant to go with his own plan.

votes:

5 - Shorty (Rummy, The Peeps, ReZourceman, Sheikah, Yvonne)

2 - Sheikah (Jonnas, Cube)

Not voting:

Shorty

Mr-Paul

Jimbob

Majority was 5.

Shorty was lynched.

Shorty was town.

living 8: (5 town, 3 mafia)

Cube

Mr-Paul

Jonnas

Rummy

The Peeps

Sheikah

ReZourceman

Jimbob

dead 2: (2 town)

Shorty

Tales

Day 3 begins.

Deadline is 11am Thursday 3rd July.

Vote: Jonnas. His last post made pretty much no sense, and everything he's said so far is not like him at all.

I'm voting for him because of how strangely he's acting. He's extremely reluctant to go with his own plan.

Oh really?

I've voted for Shorty and Jonnas who were both RNG targets. The reasons you're giving make no sense!

I've voted for Shorty and Jonnas who were both RNG targets. The reasons you're giving make no sense!

I didn't see the Shorty vote, but you've made me more suspicious by mentioning voting for Jonnas as a defence to my argument when you voted for him in the same post (and after my statement).

I didn't see the Shorty vote, but you've made me more suspicious by mentioning voting for Jonnas as a defence to my argument when you voted for him in the same post (and after my statement).

Yeah because I so didn't say that I was going to vote Jonnas next day yesterday. Really weak reasoning.

Ok, based on the two town lynches we've had i've decided to Vote: Sheikah on this occasion.

Really weak reasoning.

At this stage, weak reasoning is better than random.

It's easy for the mafia to suggest to continue with this tactic as long as it carries on rolling on a townie.

Ok, based on the two town lynches we've had i've decided to Vote: Sheikah on this occasion.

Yeah, because two random lynches means I should die. I actually manipulated the townies into giving these RNGd players.

If I am lynched, my next choice is Sheikah.

But if you agree to let go of the plan, I'd gladly lynch him today.

Vote: Sheikah

I fully believe this strategy has outed us a mafia in Jonnas. I expect him to flip as mafia so Vote: Jonnas. He's the only one I'd say has acted suspiciously so far in this game!

votes:

3 - Jonnas (Rummy, Sheikah, The Peeps)

3 - Sheikah (Cube, Jimbob, Jonnas)

Not voting:

Mr-Paul

ReZourceman

Majority is 5.

Current lynch target is Sheikah.

living 8: (5 town, 3 mafia)

Cube

Mr-Paul

Jonnas

Rummy

The Peeps

Sheikah

ReZourceman

Jimbob

dead 2: (2 town)

Shorty

Tales

Deadline is 11am Thursday 3rd July.

Well that leaves @Mr\-Paul to cast votes. I have to say, if you are town @Cube I'm gonna be seriously unimpressed at your not realising the obvious here. Although right now it seems much more likely you're Mafia.

Paul is the one I'm least certain will add his vote on Jonnas out of him and ReZ after his comment yesterday (but he did say he trusted Jonnas least, so we'll see), but if that's the case then you know you're probably looking at a Jonnas, Cube and Paul scumteam instead of a Jonnas, Cube and Jimbob. Often hard to tell either way with Jimbob because he doesn't always think things through. As proven here, his lynch justification is ridiculous.

The good thing is that if my lynch stupidly goes through somehow then you know to at least immediately lynch Jonnas, so all is not lost. I'll have a good laugh at the end of the game if none of these targets were right, and townies were just playing as mentalists for whatever reason.

I have to say, if you are town @Cube I'm gonna be seriously unimpressed at your not realising the obvious here. Although right now it seems much more likely you're Mafia.

I was thinking the same thing about you. Either you're mafia, or you're playing poorly as town.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards Sheikah, The Peeps and potentially ReZoureman for the mafia.