NEurope
Yvonne

some mafia

Suggest another, valid tactic, and I'll be happy to go with it. No lynching with no night powers will lead us nowhere. We only learn anything in this game through lynches.

I view Sheikah's plan as easily being the best POA so far. I mean....the points above of mafia changing the course of the tactic....isn't that impossible without showing yourself as mafia?

"Oh I no longer like the plan"

As long as everyone likes the plan, and everyone gives an RNG....it should be fine, until we hit a mafia (and we know it) by which point....other stuff will happen...I guess.

Anyway, in the interests of fairness I just RNG'd and got Cube.

I share the same view as Sheikah, yeah it's not 100% foolproof, it could lead to the lynch of a townie, but we need to learn something via a lynch and voting pattern. Jonnas, I agree with the flaws that you've pointed out, but have we got any better alternatives? Surely your lynch target is just as random as Tales? Sheikah didn't actually instigate a lynch on Tales (he hasn't voted, actually).

There's a pretty much one in three chance someone is mafia. If a town member unfortunately dies, the chances of catching a mafioso next is higher, and we have a list of names that have voted for the townie, which will include at least a couple of mafioso.

If you think it's the best idea then vote... lets get it over with :p

votes:

5 - Tales (Cube, Rummy, The Peeps, Jimbob, Mr-Paul)

2 - ReZourceman (Jonnas, Shorty)

1 - The Peeps (Tales)

1 - Rummy (Yvonne)

Not voting: Sheikah, ReZourceman

Majority is 6.

Current lynch target is Tales

Speaking of voting patterns, both Sheikah and ReZ are refusing to cast a vote on anybody. Any particular reason?

Speaking of voting patterns, both Sheikah and ReZ are refusing to cast a vote on anybody. Any particular reason?

Yeah you can stop with the trying to force suspicion thing.

Why end the day now? Discussion is our only tool and we've been given 7 days, seems silly to end it premature.

Because we're just sitting here, twiddling our thumbs and are waiting for a result. There's no reason for the town to keep the day going.

My vote is only down on Tales as there is nothing much to go on, if there is a better idea/strategy to go with then i'm more than happy to go down that route. It isn't down on that "last in, first out motive".

My vote's still there now as the strategy proposed by Sheikah seemed to make sense and I thought I'd go with it as Tales(as mentioned) provided our next target via the RNG. Originally I voted to balance between him and Peeps(i think), but that was also when I misread the timeframes.

I still say the Tales then Shorty if he's town route is the best we've got atm.

votes:

6 - Tales (Cube, Rummy, The Peeps, Jimbob, Mr-Paul, Yvonne)

2 - ReZourceman (Jonnas, Shorty)

1 - The Peeps (Tales)

Not voting: Sheikah, ReZourceman

Majority was 6.

Tales was lynched.

Tales was town.

Day 2 begins.

Changevote: Tales I'm so sure it'll happen anyway, might as well get it over with.

My life hinges on him being Mafia, but that's fine by me.

doubleautomerge: Too slow... should've noticed the 48 hours was up. Oops.

Edited by Shorty
Automerged Doublepost

To follow with the plan I'll Vote: Shorty, otherwise lynching Tales was literally for nothing. I'm at a loss for ideas on how we can catch a mafia with no kills and no night actions. All we seem to have is blind luck, if we keep on this path we're bound to catch at least one mafia. Shorty have you used a RNG to get a lynch target?

votes:

2 - Shorty (Rummy, The Peeps)

Not voting:

Shorty

Cube

Mr-Paul

Jonnas

Sheikah

ReZourceman

Jimbob

Majority is 5.

Deadline is 1pm Monday 30th June.

I stand by the position that this is a bad plan. Honestly, I'd rather go with a personal hunch: Sheikah tends to be more lynch-happy when he's town, but act more cautious when he's mafia.

So far, we've seen Sheikah suggest a risky plan without actually going through with it. He says we can check voting patterns, well, guess who played a good part in getting Tales lynched without actually voting for him?

Vote: Sheikah

Because I'd rather follow a hunch than a randomizer. Seriously, what's the point of checking voting patterns if "following the randomizer" is the reasoning behind the vote?

I'm kinda wary too, I feel like we should maybe choose a random target out of those who voted for Tales, but the reason we are following Tales' random pick is that we know it is random and not excluding mafia team mates. I guess a vote on a hunch will only go through if enough of us share that hunch, or several of us share the hunch and mafia jump on. We haven't yet got any voting patterns - you can't after just one lynch, all of us who voted for Tales could be town. we need to move forward in some way. With no night actions to scrutinise it definitely becomes more difficult.

I'm also going to Vote: Sheikah. I think he didn't vote for Tales because he could use it as an argument later on. It was a guaranteed lynch and the mafia could hold off.

I think it's dangerous to steer away from the plan at this point. We've lynched someone who was town so we at least know that Shorty is a target picked by a townie. Now we have people who want to diverge from this... it's a bit shifty. I agree that it's weird that Sheikah wouldn't vote along with his own plan but I think if he was mafia he wouldn't dare not vote. It's not like he's using his lack of vote as a defence or anything, he'd be a fool to do that.

The only reason to vote for Tales was to go along with this plan so I'm going to stick with it. I believe we will hit a mafia before it's too late. This is a cold approach to a lynch which means it's not susceptible to mafia interference. The only way the mafia could interfere is to take us off the plan and I think they know that.

I stand by the position that this is a bad plan. Honestly, I'd rather go with a personal hunch: Sheikah tends to be more lynch-happy when he's town, but act more cautious when he's mafia.

So far, we've seen Sheikah suggest a risky plan without actually going through with it. He says we can check voting patterns, well, guess who played a good part in getting Tales lynched without actually voting for him?

Because I'd rather follow a hunch than a randomizer. Seriously, what's the point of checking voting patterns if "following the randomizer" is the reasoning behind the vote?

You're being rather highly strung this game I think, a little too tryhard in passing suspicion on.

I never said this was the plan of the game, just that if you get a RNG target from a person before lynching them, and they pass town, we at the very least have a lynch target not suggested by Mafia. I never said we keep lynching like this, I think this just offers a less biased starting point.

Not voting on the first lynch was pretty irrelevant as far as I'm concerned as it's a most votes system and the lynch was going to happen. I didn't want the day to end premature because we don't have any powers other than discussion, and we've clearly been given 7 days for a reason.

Shorty could or could not be Mafia, I literally have no idea based on his posts, so to me voting him is as random as any other choice. Except, now people are starting to find menial reasons to justify lynches which says more, so I'd like to see who else wants to vote for me.

I'm also going to Vote: Sheikah. I think he didn't vote for Tales because he could use it as an argument later on. It was a guaranteed lynch and the mafia could hold off.

I'd also like to ask - what are you talking about? What argument could I make exactly?

On Day 1 we know nothing at all, except here we pretty much have to lynch. It is a thoughtless lynch, done for no real reason at all, and not something I could boast about not participating in.

Slightly suspicious that you've just been tagged by the RNG from Shorty.

Anyway, I think the plan is the best we have got. We know it's a random choice.

Vote : Shorty

Slightly suspicious that you've just been tagged by the RNG from Shorty.

I already held this position before the Tales lynch.

Not voting on the first lynch was pretty irrelevant as far as I'm concerned as it's a most votes system and the lynch was going to happen. I didn't want the day to end premature because we don't have any powers other than discussion, and we've clearly been given 7 days for a reason.

Shorty could or could not be Mafia, I literally have no idea based on his posts, so to me voting him is as random as any other choice. Except, now people are starting to find menial reasons to justify lynches which says more, so I'd like to see who else wants to vote for me.

I'd also like to ask - what are you talking about? What argument could I make exactly?

On Day 1 we know nothing at all, except here we pretty much have to lynch. It is a thoughtless lynch, done for no real reason at all, and not something I could boast about not participating in.

If there is nothing to learn from discussions and voting patterns, then we're making next to no progress. If, as you say, voting patterns and discussion around the Tales lynch mean nothing, then we really learned nothing from the Tales lynch other than "The choice of Shorty is truly random".

I'd prefer to think we did learn something, based on who was for and against it. And by future discussions shaped by it.

I already held this position before the Tales lynch.

If there is nothing to learn from discussions and voting patterns, then we're making next to no progress. If, as you say, voting patterns and discussion around the Tales lynch mean nothing, then we really learned nothing from the Tales lynch other than "The choice of Shorty is truly random".

I'd prefer to think we did learn something, based on who was for and against it. And by future discussions shaped by it.

First day's lynch (like I said) really shows next to nothing as there is no existing vote information to go on. There was no reason to lynch anyone, the reason for Tales was even jokingly given as 'last one in, last out'. There is no difference between adding a vote and not adding a vote to a person already with votes stacked on them in a most votes system, other than I wanted the day to carry on like I said. He was dead either way; my vote made no difference.

Please also don't go full blown straw man here either. Nowhere am I saying vote analysis is not important throughout the game; I'm saying your vote analysis on the first day alone is inappropriate.

Not lynching Shorty makes the whole Tales lynch absolutely pointless and in vain. We started and so we should finish, I'm sticking with said plan until we lynch a mafia. There's obviously a chance we won't, but given the nature of this game there's many chances on many things - personal hunches aren't quite enough for me yet.

Whose smart? Run the odds of us lynching all towns before mafias with this plan!