NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I think I'd put Aguero in over Costa. Costa had a great start but has been quite poor for a while. I'd actually put Giroud in, but I may be a little biased!

The 2 centre backs?! I'd have questions over Cahill but Terry has been imperious this season.

How Coutinho gets in over some others is beyond me.

Fine, you can have Terry but Fonte has been better than Cahill and I'd make a case for Clyne over Ivanovic.

(I would put Aguero in there but I don't have the heart to drop Costa or Kane. I think when all three have been at their best, Costa and Kane have edged Aguero, even though I think Aguero on average has been just as good as Costa)

We were shocking against Everton today. The team looked like they were playing with a hangover or something, very slow football, very predictable, very poor choices when attacking and defending and very little leadership. Probably our worst game of the season.

We were better in the first half but lost all control as soon as Falcao came on and Fellaini went off. I would have taken him off, but I'm past caring about Falcao now. It hasn't worked out and he's been a completely and utter disappointment. Certainly one of the biggest flops we've had the club considering his status and salary.

I loved Valencia when he first came to the club but he hasn't got much more to give, imo. We need a proper right back in the summer. I feel for McNair because he's done well for his first season in the big time but he isn't near enough ready to be first choice in this team.

If I could have three positions in the summer, it would be a pacey striker, a commanding/defensive central midfielder and a leader at centre half. If we can't have one of those three, I'd give anything for a right back. On the plus side, Shaw was looking good going forward and wasn't really at fault for anything today.

Everton played well and McCarthy had a stunning match. He was everywhere.

United again had plenty of possession but I can't remember Howard being troubled at all. You've got to do something with the ball rather than just keep it.

A good point for Chelsea but a couple players celebrated like it was a win, that annoyed me. We should've had 2 penalties and possibly a red for Ospina for his E. Honda flying headbutt on Oscar. Arsenal had a case for a pen too when the ball hit Cahill's arm, although it was from near point blank range. Can't believe Ramires didn't finish his chance, it was on a plate.

Bayern Munich are German right? Cause they just missed four penalties in a row...

Bayern is just something else.

Dominating the Semifinal in our national DFB Cup 1:0 for 75 minutes. Conceding the equalizer.

Extra-time...nothing.

Penalty shootout. First three...missed...Edit: Four...FOUR have missed. In a row...

Match lost.

:blank:

No idea what to say...

Edited by drahkon

Liverpool have handed Man Utd 4th place on a silver platter. Neither deserve it to be honest. Liverpools season has imploded in about the space of a month. If they had any semblance of form or spark of last season, United would be confined to the Europa League. And it's going to allow van Gaal away with much ddeserved criticism.

Liverpool have handed Man Utd 4th place on a silver platter. Neither deserve it to be honest. Liverpools season has imploded in about the space of a month. If they had any semblance of form or spark of last season, United would be confined to the Europa League. And it's going to allow van Gaal away with much ddeserved criticism.

Bull shit. The league is 38 games, every team finishes where they deserve to finish.

I call bull$h1t on your bull$h1t.

In what way? How can you say that over the course of a season a team doesn't deserve to finish where they've finished? Finish first, you deserve it. Get relegated, you deserve it. Qualify for the champions league, you deserve it.

Just because you have ridiculous child like hatred for certain teams doesn't mean they don't deserve it - stop acting like a child.

Bull shit. The league is 38 games, every team finishes where they deserve to finish.

Spot on.

Will Liverpool release a book this year about not winning the league? #SeasonOver

The atmosphere in work has been awesome all week. It really is bizarre thinking about Bournemouth playing in the Premier League next season, nobody here can quite believe it. I had a kid tell me that his dad was in tears when they were on the pitch the other night after the game. Amazing stuff, really.

Are you gonna be getting a season ticket now then?

Are you gonna be getting a season ticket now then?

Nah, for a lot of reasons. I do look out for them, though. When I was growing up, most of my mates were rugby fans, so I didn't really have any affinity with Newport County. Plus, my family weren't from around here, so there was no history with the club. My Mum and her family were from Manchester and grew up in Rochdale, so we'd check out their results and see how they're doing, but we are a United supporting household. I spent four years in Brighton and although I always hoped for them to do well, I never really had any affinity with it in a football sense, especially since 90% of my mates weren't from around there.

Bournemouth is a bit different. As soon as I moved down here, one of the first sentences a new friend uttered to me was about the football club. There's people in work who have grown up around here for years, so they have ties with the club. A lot of the kids support Bournemouth or have family who follow them. I wouldn't feel right really getting a season ticket as it would deprive somebody who has probably waited all of their life to get a chance to see them in the big time, and I can't suddenly adopt them as my team as United will always be that.

I'd struggle to get to the games consistently. I have a few mates in work who also fancy going and we've been saying we'll pop to see them play over the last few years but it's never happened. I've only been to one of their games and that was with @Eenuh's family when they came over from Belgium.

Fair enough. They only have like 11000 seats right? Stil, you could try and get a ticket when United (Manchester) come to play.

I'm getting fed up of these 'big' clubs not doing their jobs!!! Everton, Liverpool, Man U, Southampton I'm looking at you!!! :(

Ah, the circus act that the Magpies have become continues. Back down to the Championship we go, and I welcome it, because it looks like our only chance at silverware for the foreseeable future. SAD SMILEY FACE.

Ah, the circus act that the Magpies have become continues. Back down to the Championship we go, and I welcome it, because it looks like our only chance at silverware for the foreseeable future. SAD SMILEY FACE.

Imagine if the fans hadn't wanted Pardew out?

I'm getting fed up of these 'big' clubs not doing their jobs!!! Everton, Liverpool, Man U, Southampton I'm looking at you!!! :(

In fairness Liverpool won yesterday. But in fairness they've been rotten lately. To scrape a win against QPR is bad but then then they've no strikers.

Unlike Man United who've plenty of striking options, they're a disgrace and to think they'll most likely be playing in the Champions League next year. It's disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again but neither team deserve Champions League football. Liverpool probably deserve it that slight bit more over the season but they've gone so far off the boil they've let that shower sneak in. And remember United spent more money than any other team in Europe last summer.

Edited by Wii

To scrape a win against QPR is bad but then then they've no strikers.

That' what annoys me, how we can have 'no stikers' whilst simulataneously having 4 strikers. Sturridge should be 100% fit by now but even so that still leaves another 3, and Rodgers is saying we need to sign a reliable striker in the summer, (what we should have done last summer).

Maybe Mario was a club signing forced on him and maybe he always had low expectations of Lambert for the price we paid, but Borini was literally the first player he bought for Liverpool, for a considerable £10mil. As a club we have to admit we got these transfers badly wrong, because it's farcial to have 4 senior strikers on the books and still say we're in desperate need of a stiker, to the extent we'd prefer to play Sterling upfront.

That said, really glad Gerrard got the winner the way he did, he's had poor farewell to his Liverpool career and the pen miss just summed it up, actually had a bad feeling he would miss it, just sod's law. But to win it later the way he did was good theatre. :)

Imagine if the fans hadn't wanted Pardew out?

To be honest, I was largely fine with Pardew. Genuinely had very little problem with him. He was passionate, and while not world-class, I can't say that we deserved world-class.

How apt it was for "BORING" Chelsea to "win" the league with a boring 1-0 win with a rebounded penalty from their best player this season.

Well if we can get the runners up spot it would show good progress, would be nice not having to go through the extra qualifying game in the Champions league, we'll see with a few more defensive reinforcements how much a of a challenge we can give Chelsea next season, for now congratulations to Chelsea but expect a fight next season.