NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Partially...

But still stat time:

C. Ronaldo - Prem - P:196 G:84 (GR:0.42)

La Liga - P:200 G:225 (GR:1.13)

D. Forlan - Prem - P:63 G:10 (GR:0.16)

La Liga - P:140 G:128 (GR:0.91)

Serie A - P18 G:2 (GR:0.11)

G Bale - Prem - P:186 G:47 (GR:0.25)

La Liga - P:58 G:28 (GR:0.48)

Falcao - La Liga - P:68 G:52 (GR:0.76)

Ligue 1 - P:20 G:11 (GR:0.55)

Prem - P:26 G:4 (GR:0.15)

I can't think of any more but feel free to prove the stats wrong!

I'm not saying Messi isn't a special player, maybe the best in the world, but everything conspires for him: the free flowing goal fest league, Barca squad, climate.

Even in the World Cups he has only scored 5 goals in 3 tounaments over 17 games.

I'd just like to see him in a different league.

I'm sure I could find stats that prove the exact opposite. The World Cup isn't the barometer of success anymore. First World Cup didn't count and he did help get them to the final in the last one. Barca are on course for the domestic treble. It's only been achieved once before in La Liga history, Barca in 2009. Messi was at the heart of that feat. It's a rare feat in any country. Only once done by a Premiership team.

Torres, Aguero, Michael Owen and many more did the opposite. It's all about the style of football, it's different therefore it can not suit players.

Torres, Aguero, Michael Owen and many more did the opposite. It's all about the style of football, it's different therefore it can not suit players.

Therefore my point stands, would he be as effective in a proper league? :P

Therefore my point stands, would he be as effective in a proper league? :P

How is it not a proper league though? The Spanish teams do well in Europe, especially in the europa league.

How is it not a proper league though? The Spanish teams do well in Europe, especially in the europa league.

Tongue was firmly in cheek there!!

But I would love to see him play here in his prime, not when he's past it looking for a final pay day...

It was a Spanish Champions League/Europa League winners double last year. 2 Spanish teams in the Champions League final. It's most likely going to be a Spanish Champions League/Europa League winners double again this year. Barca in winning the Champions League the last 3 times have beaten English teams in the final. $h1t league indeed.

Sickening goal. He can do anything.

And the defenders can't! Not one decent tackle in that goal... or even a professional foul!

And the defenders can't! Not one decent tackle in that goal... or even a professional foul!

Let's be fair, he starts off near the half way line. That's a long way to the goal and he has tons of players around him. The only way to bring him down if he's running at you is to foul him, which I think one or two even tried to do. Bilbao aren't a dogshit team either. Can't you just give him the credit for that?

As for Forlan, he clearly had talent when he played for us (Scouse Slayer), it just didn't entirely work out for him. We knew he was a great player and it's clear to see that the talent was there to be unlocked.

It was in a cup final, it wasn't a pointless league game where the other team might roll over. He's done stuff like that against the best teams in the world, consistently.

Except England!

MESSI'S Stats:

Goals Games Goals/game

La Liga 269 301 0.89

Champions League 75 92 0.82

All Barcelona games 391 424 0.92

vs English teams 10 20 0.50

in England 2 10 0.20

Hey what's up, I formatted that all nice an the like... :(

Like this:

messi.png

Edited by Phube

It's not all about England.

Yes, yes it is... And the World cups (see previous stat package!)

Yes, yes it is... And the World cups (see previous stat package!)

I'm sure Messi cries himself to sleep at night whilst cuddling his Ballon d'Ors/FIFA World Player of the Year, Champions League trophies, La Liga medals and his beautiful wife. ;)

Zidane never came to England and had a hugely successful career. Fat Ronaldo had an illustrious career and never played for an English club. Franz Beckenbauer and Marco Van Basten never played for English clubs. You don't need to prove that you can do it in England to be considered a great.

Looking at the way Barcelona and Madrid (possibly Bayern Munich, too) are hoovering up talent, one could argue that it's more important for English players to go there than it is the other way around.

I'm sure Messi cries himself to sleep at night whilst cuddling his Ballon d'Ors/FIFA World Player of the Year, Champions League trophies, La Liga medals and his beautiful wife. ;)

Zidane never came to England and had a hugely successful career. Fat Ronaldo had an illustrious career and never played for an English club. Franz Beckenbauer and Marco Van Basten never played for English clubs. You don't need to prove that you can do it in England to be considered a great.

Looking at the way Barcelona and Madrid (possibly Bayern Munich, too) are hoovering up talent, one could argue that it's more important for English players to go there than it is the other way around.

Ah, but none have the Phube seal of approval!

A prestigious honour that Jamie Vardy cherishes I'm sure. ;)

A prestigious honour that Jamie Vardy cherishes I'm sure. ;)

He's slowly getting there, one day maybe... :)

Boooooooooo.

So excited for the Cup Final tomorrow. Off to the screening at the Emirates. @Ramar you going to Wembley?

Yes mate I was at Wembley. An absolutely brilliant match, complete domination.

Such a long time with no trophies then 3 in 12 months, yeah I'm counting the community shield (Davey Moyes did!). Wenger's bringing back the glory years.

To be fair, Messi hasn't been great when he's come Scotland but we won't go there.

To be fair, Messi hasn't been great when he's come Scotland but we won't go there.

Why would anyone want to go to Scotland? :p

Yes mate I was at Wembley. An absolutely brilliant match, complete domination.

Such a long time with no trophies then 3 in 12 months, yeah I'm counting the community shield (Davey Moyes did!). Wenger's bringing back the glory years.

as a neutral and for a 4-0 game of football, i think most people would agree it was a pretty dull game mainly because it was always a case of how many Arsenal would win by.

Loving the London clubs winning all the silverware this season, I think the Man Utd era of dominance is over now.

Scenic views?!

Scenic views?!

Maybe a chance to play the lead in Braveheart: The Musical?

Messi said that Celtic Park is his favourite stadium to play in.

After winning the FA Cup with Arsenal again on Saturday, Mesut Ozil has now equaled the number of trophies he won as a Real Madrid player (La Liga in 11/12, Copa del Ray, 10/11). For all the money Real have spent they haven't really achieved as much as they should.

Since Wenger came to Arsenal:

Madrid: 5 Liga, 2 Copa Del Rey, 2 Champions Leagues

Arsenal: 3 PL and 6 FA Cups

I know it's a bit late but I would just like to congratulate the winner of this years N-E fantasy football league, myself : peace:

In other news the next Newcastle manager could be Vieira?! Yeah I think I'd be pretty happy with that.

Also did anyone else happen to catch Napoli v Lazio yesterday? Battle for the final CL spot, it was absolutely mesmerising. One of the best games I've seen all season.