NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

He'll stay in this country I reckon. Because of the English Player Tax, Liverpool will get much more from him if they sell to another Premier League Club, so I think he'll go to Man City or similar.

I'd always thought Ibe had a higher ceiling than Sterling, but there's no denying Sterling could become a world class player, which is what I'm worried about if he leaves.

I think it could go either way for him, maybe a new club/coach would iprove him, though I could just as easily see him suffering an injury or two in the future that reduces his pace, which might expose him as a bit of a one trick pony, I don't think he has enough quality to the other aspects of his game as yet to remain a world class talent without his pace.

I doubt Sterling will move abroad. The reaction from Real/Barca fans is, "who?"

I guess he'll end up at City, Chelsea or Arsenal. I really hope for his sake he doesn't choose City as he'll be a fringe player there. The best fit for him would be Arsenal but I can't see Wenger spending £30m on a teenager.

Only chance Sterling comes to Arsenal is if Walcott leaves. He's a decent player, but I'm not that bothered if we want him or not. I say City is a more likely destination, need to keep up their homegrown quotas.

Who would people actually take for their team given the choice? De Gea or Courtois?

Courtois.

Get rid of Sterling now. You don't want players like that around the club. Sure he's got potential but who knows if it'll be realised. Speed is his biggest asset, if he were to lose that through an injury he'd be greatly diminished. His passing isn't great and his shooting is atrocious. He's a greedy little f*ck. He's already lost £1 million by not signing the new contract and if he stays another season he'll lose another £4 million. Well that what was said on the radio yesterday. Most players while they may kiss the badge have no loyalty, only to themselves and are mercenaries.

I remember posting a prediction for the final standings in the Premier League table back in early February so decided to track that post down this morning..

I'm never normally one to be positive about Spurs but they've just got the equaliser they richly deserve against Arsenal, who have been AWFUL, much like they were at Anfield when thay managed to sneak away with a point.. and almost all 3 :nono:

I'd be delighted with a draw today, providing Liverpool take advantage this evening, but the lunchtime game in progress is making me reconsider my predictions for the top 6 this season :eek:

I was driving home from work this morning thinking along the lines of..

1 Chelsea

2 Manchester City

3 Arsenal

4 Manchester United

5 Liverpool

6 Tottenham Hotspur

I obviously wouldn't be happy with that, as a Liverpool fan, but I feel our form in the first half of the season will ultimately cost us.. though I actually feel like we may still get as high as 3rd :heh: It's tough to predict :indeed:

I'm definitely not impressed with Arsenal, though, and would have predicted 3rd based on their knack for clicking into gear towards the end of the season, just in time to get into the Champions League..

There's obviously still one final round of games to go but the current tabel is exactly as predicted.. unfortunately :hmm:

I reckon City might have a crappy season (for them) and only get 3rd or 4th, with either Arsenal or Liverpool filling in the gap. So that's:

Chelsea

Man U

Arsenal

City

Liverpool

Burnley

Spurs

Hmm, I got Man U and City the wrong way round (backed the wrong half of Manchester!) but otherwise I was the same.

Disappointed in Burnley though.

Apparently Pedro is available for £7m. He'd be a fantastic signing for us, I really hope we get it done.

He's talented and has a winning mentality.

Jaime Vardy in the England squad!!

Currently laughing at all the bitter Man U fans (plus others) getting all bitter about it!!

Fun Vardy fact - only player ever to score against FC United of Manchester and Manchester United in anger!

I've not heard anybody today say anything. (United fans or other) I don't think they care, tbh.

To be honest, he's probably only in because Kane, Berahino and Ings are away with the U21s. Plus Sturridge is injured.

I am an United fan and I don't care.

Not you then?

I am an United fan and I don't care.

Bit different in Sarajevo, lad.

Actually I am not sure why any of United fans would care if it's connected with United. But maybe they are not happy, because he isn't good enough.

Liverpool score at half time is hilarious! 5-0 to Stoke! The perfect end for Gerrard!

Wonderful hat trick for Theo - trying to claim an FA Cup Final place but he'll be benched until 70 mins no doubt.

Yeah, we've completely lost the plot.

Feel sorry for Hull. They've had two goals disallowed.

Yeah, we've completely lost the plot.

Feel sorry for Hull. They've had two goals disallowed.

And dirty United should have 2 players sent off. Not just Sideshow Bob. Hernandez should have gone for a blatant punch.

That's by far the worst scoreline i've ever seen as a Liverpool fan. It's an absolute disgrace. I don't give a shit if it's a meaningless game at the end of a shite season, it was a fucking shambles.

Why the fuck did Rodgers start SEVEN midfielders and ZERO strikers? He's a fucking idiot. He has to go after that. I held hope he could turn it around, but today is the last straw. I have no confidence in him. Not tactically or in the transfer market.

Fuck. Feel so bad for Gerrard. Gave his all for the club and that's what he goes out on.

The scoreline didn't bother me ( it was a disaster though ) but more the fact that our end of season run has been an absolute terrible send off for Gerrard. The guy has gave it all for his club over the years and its a disgrace the team didn't pick themselves up for at least this final game.

And dirty United should have 2 players sent off. Not just Sideshow Bob. Hernandez should have gone for a blatant punch.

Who is the second United player that should have been sent off?

The scoreline didn't bother me ( it was a disaster though ) but more the fact that our end of season run has been an absolute terrible send off for Gerrard. The guy has gave it all for his club over the years and its a disgrace the team didn't pick themselves up for at least this final game.

That's not even half the issue, they should feel privileged to play for Liverpool and give their all for the shirt each and every game. It's gutless and disgraceful.

That's not even half the issue, they should feel privileged to play for Liverpool and give their all for the shirt each and every game. It's gutless and disgraceful.

Very few players feel privileged and honoured to play for the club they are part of. Most are just mercenaries, with very little loyalty, looking for the bigger better deal.