NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I'm amazed that people don't rate Neuer as the best keeper in the world. He's spectacular.

Hazard for Robben? Really?

He's one of the best, along with De Gea and Courtois. Some may even say Hart and Lloris are up there, too. They're all equally in for a shout. De Gea has almost single-handedly pushed us back into the top four, he's had little protection all season.

Hazard has been the stand-out player this season in the league. Robben was immense at the world cup and ruined Spain, for example, but I'd choose Hazard based on how he's been at the moment.

He's one of the best, along with De Gea and Courtois. Some may even say Hart and Lloris are up there, too. They're all equally in for a shout. De Gea has almost single-handedly pushed us back into the top four, he's had little protection all season.

Hazard has been the stand-out player this season in the league. Robben was immense at the world cup and ruined Spain, for example, but I'd choose Hazard based on how he's been at the moment.

I rate Courtois and De Gea as stand out keepers in the PL, Lloris and Hart are not even close. Courtois and De Gea elevate their team, while i can't say the same about the other two.

Robben is a special player, he's everything that Hazard might be one day, but i wouldn't say he's there now.

I'm amazed that people don't rate Neuer as the best keeper in the world. He's spectacular.

So are some other keepers. It's not like Neuer didn't concede a nice number of goals when teams managed to attack Bayern (I know, it's not his fault, but he isn't clear the best GK in the world). I do think he is great, just to make clear.

This is the result when you don't go for the jugular, after a dismal first 55 minutes we finally got into the game and Walcott coming up with the shot that forced Blackett to deflect it into his own net.

Decent point. Only one more needed to guarantee third. Second still possible, but we need Saints to beat Man City on the final day as well as winning both our games. FA Cup will definitely be the priority in Wenger's mind, though.

Injuries and again wrong decisions by LVG with substitutions have cost us a victory. OK, playing without a striker doesn't help, but it has more to do with injuries and the substitutions.

Injuries and again wrong decisions by LVG with substitutions have cost us a victory. OK, playing without a striker doesn't help, but it has more to do with injuries and the substitutions.

Errrr... what are Falcao and Van Persie???

Errrr... what are Falcao and Van Persie???

Did you see them play? We literally have no striker, as none of them does anything good, especially Falcao.

OK, playing without a striker doesn't help, but it has more to do with injuries and the substitutions.

You're thinking of Liverpool yesterday. :p

You're thinking of Liverpool yesterday. :p

Actually, we have the same problem as Liverpool with strikers this season and it's all our fault (like it is Liverpool's for their problems), but we also had huge problems with injuries (today 2 substitutions caused by injury and one was a GK, but LVG could have handled it better). But Liverpool has many more problems actually.

I am only happy that Smalling has finally proved to everyone what a defender he is.

Edited by Kounan

I'm disappointed with the second half performance because we were all over Arsenal in the first half. We were solid, created chances and stopped them creating much. Herrera has been stunning for us this season and I can't wait to see how he gets on next year.

@Kounan is right, though. On two counts.

1. Smalling had a great game and seems to be getting better. Although, he usually turns to shit again once he inevitably gets injured. Same with Jones.

2. Falcao and Van Persie are so...frustrating. At times, it's like playing with a man down. There's not enough movement off either and Van Persie spends most of the time offside. Would kill for a pacey striker.

Gutted we didn't get all three points. We need a striker with pace who can finish chances and lead the line. Somebody really fucking dangerous. Our own version of Costa, basically.

United are shite, but we're bottle jobs. Weren't up for the scrap until it was too late.

Love how quiet Old Trafford is, like a morgue in there now you aren't winning stuff.

Actually, the atmosphere improved in the last two seasons and in most games it was really good.

United are shite, but we're bottle jobs. Weren't up for the scrap until it was too late.

Love how quiet Old Trafford is, like a morgue in there now you aren't winning stuff.

It's probably the same at every ground that isn't doing well, as much as the press like to make out, playing for fourth isn't that exciting.

What on earth was going through Fabregas' mind I don't know... crazy! Utterly ridiculous!

West Brom now 2-0 up too. Mental.

No red card for former England captain John Terry? Ah Cesc if only you played for England. It's how Shrek Rooney escapes all his as well.

Who would people actually take for their team given the choice? De Gea or Courtois?

Courtois easily for me.

Looks very likely Sterling is going. He isn't worth the money he wants, and he is certainly replaceable right now, it's just worrying that he might actually reach his potential elsewhere.

Who would people actually take for their team given the choice? De Gea or Courtois?

Courtois easily for me.

Looks very likely Sterling is going. He isn't worth the money he wants, and he is certainly replaceable right now, it's just worrying that he might actually reach his potential elsewhere.

Courtois for me too.

Sterling has been poor, I probably have a stronger left foot shot than him. On current form I don't think he gets into the first eleven of the top teams, so he could very well warm the bench wherever he goes.

I'd probably go for Courtois too. Although it would be interesting to see how he'd do behind Man U's calamitous defense...

Courtois easily for me.

I've watched both extensively over the last few seasons. De Gea because of United and Courtois because of the Belgium National Team and the matches of Atletico and Chelsea that I've managed to catch.

Both are unreal keepers. Along with Neuer, they're the best three keepers in the world, without a doubt.

For me, I'd much rather have De Gea in my team and I think overall he is the better keeper than Courtois. De Gea's shot stopping is by far superior to Courtois', De Gea's distribution is also better and I think he's probably the better keeper now when it comes to crosses (he was shiiiiite at the start, by far his biggest flaw and it's a great testament to the guy how hard he has worked to overcome this). I'd say that Courtois is possibly better at marshaling/organising the defence in front of him.

I'm a big fan of both goalkeepers and like to see both do well. Courtois is great for Belgium and he'll be a God at Chelsea and will be there for years to come. He won't concede many either because Chelsea under Mourinho won't concede too many goals and he'll have more than adequate protection there to stop that. De Gea has done amazingly for United and I'm proud to say that I stuck by him when he received all that criticism at the start. Fantastic pair of goal keepers.

Sterling has been poor, I probably have a stronger left foot shot than him. On current form I don't think he gets into the first eleven of the top teams, so he could very well warm the bench wherever he goes.

His shooting is horrendous and I'm starting to feel like now is the time to cash in on him and hopefully spend the money more wisely than we did last summer.

It may also give Ibe and Markovic a greater opportunity to impress!

His shooting is horrendous and I'm starting to feel like now is the time to cash in on him and hopefully spend the money more wisely than we did last summer.

It may also give Ibe and Markovic a greater opportunity to impress!

I'd always thought Ibe had a higher ceiling than Sterling, but there's no denying Sterling could become a world class player, which is what I'm worried about if he leaves.

If he goes I really hope it's abroad.

I'd always thought Ibe had a higher ceiling than Sterling, but there's no denying Sterling could become a world class player, which is what I'm worried about if he leaves.

If he goes I really hope it's abroad.

I'm just not sure what sort of money we can expect for him. Anything above £30M becomes almost too tempting to turn down, but his potential may rise the fee to considerably more!

Compared to the optimism that resulted from our Premier League run last season, I'm concerned about where we're at right now :hmm: