NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

We need to keep Sterling. He's only 20 and has unreal potential. If we let him go we might aswell be Arsenal. :p

We need to keep Sterling. He's only 20 and has unreal potential. If we let him go we might aswell be Arsenal. :p

Lol, he won't go. He'll sign a deal and everything will be fine. Liverpool aren't stupid and they know that they're already one star player down in Suarez. Coutinho is another flare player and they basically need to ensure that Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson are all kept happy.

Nah, you won't be in the Champions League next season.

Back to the Championship, and what a way to do it. 6-0 against Bradford. One more win and we're guaranteed league one champions.

Would be a nice lower league double of League 1 title and Johnston's Paint trophy.

He'll go to Man City, probably.

There's a few clubs being mentioned. Man City are one of them, Barcelona and AC Milan are amongst the others.

There's even talk of him going to Real Madrid and Ancelotti going to City, but I can't see that happening.

No, he can not go to Real Madrid. We're having Ancelotti when Wenger's done. He's on the top of my shopping list.

Bayern Munich with a disastrous performance today. Alonso, Dante and Boateng each with horrible blunders.

After we had scored that goal I was hopeful again but then we conceded another one. 3:1 the final score. :blank:

We need to step up our game. 2:0 at home is definitely possible.

Luis Suárez scored two brilliant goals tonight. Sublime player, well worth £75m.

Nah, you won't be in the Champions League next season.

Ooh, burn!

More like it to say "We'd be Newcastle". Because apparently all our best players get sold and we don't get replacements and our management structure is a joke.

Yeah, nobody want to be Newcastle. Sigh.

I meant it in the sense that Arsenal have a rep of selling their best players and settling every year for 4th. We cannot just aim for 4th every year.

Aw maaane, Blind, Carrick, Jones and Rojo are all injured for the Chelsea game.

Blind and Carrick in particular are vital. Looks like Shaw will be at left back (provided he's fit)...shit, Jonny Evans will be playing now.

Aw maaane, Blind, Carrick, Jones and Rojo are all injured for the Chelsea game.

Blind and Carrick in particular are vital. Looks like Shaw will be at left back (provided he's fit)...shit, Jonny Evans will be playing now.

It's a joke that Carrick has never featured heavily for England. The guy is a class act and the best holding midfielder this country has produced (I'd put him above Hargreaves simply because he stayed injury free). Your most important midfielder, without a doubt.

It's a joke that Carrick has never featured heavily for England. The guy is a class act and the best holding midfielder this country has produced (I'd put him above Hargreaves simply because he stayed injury free). Your most important midfielder, without a doubt.

Hargreaves was immense when he first joined but he was made out of paper. Very versatile, too.

Carrick's always been rated by United fans but he doesn't really work with how the England team want to play, at least not for the last decade. He'd fit in the current team better, but he was never going to get in when it was all about Lampard and Gerrard, at least not with the managers we've had. I was watching Napoli play Wolfsburg yesterday and did think quite a few times that this is his style of football. Should have been born an Italian. :D

Blind's arguably just as big a loss because he's been pretty good for us all season. He's done better than Shaw at left back, he's looked great at centre mid and he could have covered centre back for Jones instead of Evans. Losing Rojo, Jones AND Carrick at the same time shows you how important it can be to have a versatile player who can fill in the gaps.

Edit: WAIT. Evans is suspended...so...McNair? Is that better? I don't even-

Well so much for Man U taking points off Chelsea to make the end of the season a bit more exciting.

Thanks Obama.

Carrick's always been rated by United fans but he doesn't really work with how the England team want to play, at least not for the last decade. He'd fit in the current team better, but he was never going to get in when it was all about Lampard and Gerrard, at least not with the managers we've had.

That was always the issue, managers wanted to play both Lampard and Gerrard when seemingly every club manager realised you needed one to go forward and one to stay back.

They had to drop one of them and play Carrick or another holding midfielder instead.

That was always the issue, managers wanted to play both Lampard and Gerrard when seemingly every club manager realised you needed one to go forward and one to stay back.

They had to drop one of them and play Carrick or another holding midfielder instead.

That's pretty much it. In trying to solve that issue, they dismantled what should have been a good English midfield and created more problems.

Gutted we're not going to have Carrick or Blind for the Chelsea game. Fellaini has been used well in an attacking role, I just wonder if Van Gaal will put him in the defensive mid position, with Herrera alongside him to help out and then one of Mata or Di Maria (Mata in current form, plus he was awesome defensively as well as in attack against City and Pool) in front of those two.

I meant it in the sense that Arsenal have a rep of selling their best players and settling every year for 4th. We cannot just aim for 4th every year.

Arsenal built a new stadium and had to offload players to balance the books. Only 'best' players we sold were Fabregas and van Persie. The rest of 'em, overpriced waste men like Adebayor, Hleb and Nasri.

I was silly to mention Arsenal really. I just wanted to get across that we can't piss about over 20-30k difference a week, which is nothing these days. If we have any ambition we need to pay our best players.

The screw is tightened a little more.

...oh poor Reading! Howler by the 'keeper!

I thought we played well all things considering and were unlucky not to get at least a point. Definite improvement since the start of this and last season; the midfield is coming along nicely. Shocked that we had something like 70% possession, would've expected Chelsea to have a proper go at us considering we had key players out.

I was a mixture of relief that we scored and despair for Federici, what a way to lose a semi final.