NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Who was it who said to me they didn't think Manchester United would catch Manchester City? Well here you are ahead of them with 7 games left to play.

Manuel Pellegrini, how will he keep his job at the end of the season? If they lose the Manchester derby they could see themselves caught up by the chasing pack and the door to 4th place could be back open for Liverpool, Spuds and Southampton.

We've got tough games coming up.

City at home

Chelsea away

Everton away

West Brom home

Palace away

Arsenal at home

Hull away

It should be doable, we're certainly expected to stay in the top four now until the end of the season. I think four wins out of the remaining seven should do it. Would be delighted to beat City at home, although they're going to be out to prove a point after their recent results.

Who does everyone think will go down?

Current bottom six are:

Sunderland 29

Aston Villa 29

Hull 28

QPR 26

Burnley 26

Leicester 22

I think Leicester are gone for sure.

I'm expecting Sunderland to be ok. So, any two of Villa, Hull, QPR and Burnley.

Burnley will be gone, unfortunately. I think Villa and Hull will just make it, with QPR going down.

Ohhh, Hull have got some nasty fixtures.

Southampton away

Liverpool home

Palace away

Arsenal home

Burnley home

Spurs away

United home

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Aston Villas remaining fixtures aren't much better. I think even Tactics Tim might not be enough for them.

Who was it who said to me they didn't think Manchester United would catch Manchester City? Well here you are ahead of them with 7 games left to play.

Manuel Pellegrini, how will he keep his job at the end of the season? If they lose the Manchester derby they could see themselves caught up by the chasing pack and the door to 4th place could be back open for Liverpool, Spuds and Southampton.

I really think Pellegrini should stay as long as he keeps City in the Champions League. He won the league with them in his first season and apart from the last month they've done well this year.

Unless they can convince Guardiola to take over, that is.

All Spurs had to do was beat Burnley and Villa. God Spurs and Kane are pissing me off!

I genuinely think we can finish 3rd. I genuinely think Liverpool will have a hard season and Man U have a weak squad. What is wrong with this? You think I'm deluded, fine. But to be so nasty about it is a bit weird.

That's going well.

We played terribly and got lucky at the end with Green's kick. Hopefully the points keep coming in, I don't care how, as long as they do!

I wish the fans wouldn't sing "we're gonna win the league"... we saw how that turned out for the bin-dippers!

Edited by Kav

Difference being that Chelsea are seven points ahead with a game in hand. I think they are fairly nailed on for winning the league.

Manchester Derby should be interesting. My money is on Man U, but anything could happen really.

IF, and only IF Chelsea lose to Manchester United and Arsenal could you truly say the title race is back on.

City played really well in the first 10 minutes but free that just stopped playing, Toure especially was awful, United then completely took the game to them. Young and Fellaini had so much time on the ball. Deserved win.

I feared for us in the few minutes because City were all over us. Somehow, we scored and then scored again. Fellaini bossed the game and walked all over Yaya. I remember his first derby last season against City away and he was awful. In fact, the entire team were that day. But, they've improved massively and some of the teamwork today was just excellent to watch. Blind and Valencia looked great without the ball and Young was pretty much everywhere (as was Fellaini)

Great game, very exciting and of course the right result! He's winning the fans around now because he's putting players in the right positions and he's rewarding those who are doing well with a good run in the squad. Young, Mata, Fellaini and Herrera (probably Carrick and Blind, too) are all undroppable due to their form. They're putting in the performances and scoring goals. It's going to make it hard for someone like Di Maria to get a look in unless he improves his form.

Delighted. :D

I see QPR could be in trouble for their fans reactions to the Chelsea goal. I didn't realise they started throwing stuff at the Chelsea players. I hate this kind of stuff and it gives the sport a bad name. I do love Jose's comments about the incident though.

"The game was correct in the pitch and correct in the stands, and hopefully correct outside. It is not easy in an emotional game like that.

"If, at the end of the game, someone threw a pound coin, put it in your pocket. If someone threw a chocolate, eat it. It is no problem, everybody needs a pound!"

Haha. I love the guy. He's such a character. :D

IF, and only IF Chelsea lose to Manchester United and Arsenal could you truly say the title race is back on.

After yesterday, I could see United beating Chelsea. Arsenal will surely drop points before the end of the season and if they do it's pretty much over for them.

City played really well in the first 10 minutes but free that just stopped playing, Toure especially was awful, United then completely took the game to them. Young and Fellaini had so much time on the ball. Deserved win.

Yaya Youre gets a lot of criticism but it was the whole team yesterday, not just him.

I see QPR could be in trouble for their fans reactions to the Chelsea goal. I didn't realise they started throwing stuff at the Chelsea players. I hate this kind of stuff and it gives the sport a bad name. I do love Jose's comments about the incident though.

Haha. I love the guy. He's such a character. :D

I love the shit he comes out with. :D

But yes, I hate that type of stuff and it shouldn't be happening. I imagine it'll be a fine.

After yesterday, I could see United beating Chelsea. Arsenal will surely drop points before the end of the season and if they do it's pretty much over for them.

Yaya Youre gets a lot of criticism but it was the whole team yesterday, not just him.

Beating Chelsea at their ground is going to be a huge challenge. I can see us getting a point, which would make me very happy. They'll up their game though and Jose will drill them right down to the last detail. Think we'll end up losing it 1-0 or 2-1, but either way it'll be close.

It wasn't just Yaya, but he set a really poor example to the rest of his team mates. He's a big earner, he was a captain in the second half and he is one of the most experienced players (certainly in midfield) that they had on the pitch yesterday. I can't remember him winning a single dual with Fellaini and there were too many occasions where he just let him go or let him drift into space. He's paid to perform in these sorts of games and he didn't yesterday. He's not the reason why they lost the match, but he's a part of that process.

Relax your cax. No way will United beat Chelsea. City were dire yesterday and have been since the 3rd round of the FA Cup. On form they're as bad as any of the worst teams in the Premier League. They've lost 4 of the last 6 league games and lost both legs of the Champions League last 16 tie.

I've not said Toure lost them the match, just pointed out that he was the worst of them. They were all quite bad.

Chelsea vs United could go either way, hopefully we'll do the job.

I've not said Toure lost them the match, just pointed out that he was the worst of them. They were all quite bad.

Chelsea vs United could go either way, hopefully we'll do the job.

Aguero did his bit and Milner started off well before deciding that he'd worked quite hard enough for the first 15 minutes. :D

I didn't understand City's tactics. They had it correct in the first few minutes by pressing Carrick and Herrera (our two best passers) before dropping off. They gave Herrera so much space after that. I was very surprised at how much space we were given after getting the game back to 1-1 and I was also surprised at just how mentally fragile City were at going behind.

On the other hand, I'm pleased with how we responded after going behind. We didn't play too badly either at the Etihad, but this was a clear improvement in every single way. The quality of the football is better and I was critical over Van Gaal for not playing attacking football a few games back, but thankfully this looks to be going the right way. :)

Tidy little win for Liverpool, Sterling had one very easy chance, one middle of the road chance and scored from the hardest which is what let's him down sometimes, his finishing. I know he's not an out and out striker but if your turning down 100k I think you gotta take your chances better.

Tidy little win for Liverpool, Sterling had one very easy chance, one middle of the road chance and scored from the hardest which is what let's him down sometimes, his finishing. I know he's not an out and out striker but if your turning down 100k I think you gotta take your chances better.

Absolutely agree.

That sitter he missed was atrocious. He's still not good enough to demand the wages he wants.

I thought Hendersons work rate was great last night. He was running all over the place, getting tackles in and pressuring players.

Honestly I wouldnt be bothered if Sterling left at the end of the season. He's a good player but as you said, not good enough for what he's demanding.

....He also runs like a ballerina

He's made a right mess of the whole contract situation. He should fire his advisers because it's been one mess after another.

He's basically Liverpool's version of Theo Walcott. Inconsistent, bags of potential, probably thinks he's better than he is and dodgy finishing.

QPR fans were muppets, basically allowed Chelsea to run down the clock for the last few minutes.

I can see Man Utd vs Chelsea being a bore draw. Jose knows if he avoids defeat in those two games the league is won and nobody knows how to set up a team not to lose better than him. I'm sure both Man Utd and Arsenal will be happy with a draw also.

Two weeks ago City were second and now they are battling for top four so it shows that things can change very quickly.

He's made a right mess of the whole contract situation. He should fire his advisers because it's been one mess after another.

He's basically Liverpool's version of Theo Walcott. Inconsistent, bags of potential, probably thinks he's better than he is and dodgy finishing.

I wouldn't say he was inconsistent, he probably has been one of our best players this season.

I wouldn't say he was inconsistent, he probably has been one of our best players this season.

Inconsistent with his decision making. On the whole, I agree, he's been one of if not your best player this season. But, that's mostly because you sold the best player of last season (had to, I agree with what Liverpool did with him) and the second best one has been injured for most of it. I feel sorry for him because he's been expected to fill such a big gap quickly when he really just needed another season to do what he does best.

The Balotelli thing hasn't worked out and I don't think that's helped Sterling.