NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

No 3rd player of the month award in a row for Harry Kane. Giroud definitely deserved it this month.

Big game today. 2-1 to the Arsenal I reckon.

Last time this year I have to put up with Michael Owen's awful commentary. Thankfully the rest of our games are on Sky/BBC.

Thankfully the rest of our games are on Sky/BBC.

But all are on at stupid days and times. Today is no exception, we have no more 3pm Saturday kick offs. And only had 7 all season out of 38 games. TV can do one.

But all are on at stupid days and times. Today is no exception, we have no more 3pm Saturday kick offs. And only had 7 all season out of 38 games. TV can do one.

Oh absolutely. Hull away on a Monday night cannot be excused. Ridiculous. And 5:20pm for an FA Cup semi is just silly.

Should be about 2-0 to Arsenal already and Liverpool look terrible in possession. If Arsenal don't go on to win this game after this start, they'll only have themselves to blame.

Should be about 2-0 to Arsenal already and Liverpool look terrible in possession. If Arsenal don't go on to win this game after this start, they'll only have themselves to blame.

Liverpool had a couple of great chances after that too.. but at 3-0, this game is probably over :hmm:

Liverpool had a couple of great chances after that too.. but at 3-0, this game is probably over :hmm:

They had chances but realistically they were never going to go in. Sterling is a pretty poor finisher and I can't believe that Markovic squared the ball to him instead of shooting himself. There is a clear difference in the finishing and quality of attacking players between the two sides.

This is probably the best Arsenal team since the Invincibles. They look so good in attack and each goal was well worked and well executed.

Kolo Toure was shocking today and was a complete liability. The Arsenal attack ran complete rings around him and he looked out of his depth. The media will have a field day with Sterling after all of this contract talk and a bad performance from him.

This is probably the best Arsenal team since the Invincibles. They look so good in attack and each goal was well worked and well executed.

Kolo Toure was shocking today and was a complete liability. The Arsenal attack ran complete rings around him and he looked out of his depth. The media will have a field day with Sterling after all of this contract talk and a bad performance from him.

Same as always then. I've never rated him and always nervous when he plays.

Same as always then. I've never rated him and always nervous when he plays.

For the style of football Rodgers wants to play, he needs to find at least one new centre back. Liverpool didn't get out of their own half for the first 12 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) because they were losing it from the defence. There's no way you can play this type of football unless you can properly play it out from the back, so you need a defence who are confident but are as good with the ball as they are without. Kolo doesn't fall into the category and shouldn't be anywhere near this team. Not convinced by Lovren, although he never seems to play anyway.

It's one thing I've discovered at United and think that LVG sees it, too. We both need better ball playing centre-backs. Smalling isn't too bad (although he tends to hoof it a bit too much for my liking) but Jones is awful.

For the style of football Rodgers wants to play, he needs to find at least one new centre back. Liverpool didn't get out of their own half for the first 12 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) because they were losing it from the defence. There's no way you can play this type of football unless you can properly play it out from the back, so you need a defence who are confident but are as good with the ball as they are without..

..and we won't have Skrtel or Emre Can for the next game, so Toure is basically guaranteed to start :heh:

I imagine Man United will put the final nail in any top 4 ambitions this afternoon but, on the plus side, maybe I won't have to worry about the likelihood of BT charging a subscription fee from next season just to see the Champions League :indeed:

Didn't see the lunchtime game, but fair play to Arsenal, sounded like they were the better team.

Frustrating though that once again we shot ourselves in the foot with indiscipline and being crap infront of goal.

We should have scored well before Arsenal did. It's no excuse though, we were shite throughout.

We should have scored well before Arsenal did. It's no excuse though, we were shite throughout.

What?? Ramsey missed a one on one before you even touched the ball..

What?? Ramsey missed a one on one before you even touched the ball..

I meant before your actual first goal, Markovic messed up that easy square ball to Sterling, and Sterling was 1on1 with the keeper and got wrongfully ruled offside. Both happened at 0-0.

Makes no different anyway, we were poor, Arsenal were miles better.

Amazing goal by Charlie Adam. Glad we got the winner, keep totting up the points.

I meant before your actual first goal, Markovic messed up that easy square ball to Sterling, and Sterling was 1on1 with the keeper and got wrongfully ruled offside. Both happened at 0-0.

Makes no different anyway, we were poor, Arsenal were miles better.

My bad, I was very drunk last night.

Sergio Busquets was taking a while to take a free kick. Fabian Orellana of Celta Vigo obviously was annoyed, picked up some grass off the floor and threw it into the face of Busquets, who of course went down. Red card.

Best comments on youtube:

Orellana used Throw Grass!

It's super effective!

Busquets fainted.

Conclusion: Busquets is a Rock type.

R.I.P Busquets 1988 - 2015

Killed by grass.

RIP. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Orellana should be charged. He could have seriously injured Busquets. It is only due to that brave players awesome head weaving that he still has two eyes to see out of.

Who was it who said to me they didn't think Manchester United would catch Manchester City? Well here you are ahead of them with 7 games left to play.

Manuel Pellegrini, how will he keep his job at the end of the season? If they lose the Manchester derby they could see themselves caught up by the chasing pack and the door to 4th place could be back open for Liverpool, Spuds and Southampton.

Edited by Emerald Emblem